ADVERTISEMENT

oSu Alum encounters

Breastman

2nd Team
Feb 4, 2003
Been working across the US this summer and have been surprised by all the OSU people I've stumbled across from coast to coast. North Carolina, Michigan, Massachusetts.......Pokes travel well, I have to say.

Recently was in Greensboro, NC and popped my head inside a batting cage business. One of the patrons was about the biggest middle-aged white guy you'll ever come across. Broad shoulders, about 6'6, solid as a rock. He had on an 'OSU Football Legends Weekend' t-shirt. I had to ask him about it.

Turns out he was a former offensive lineman at O-State and, yes, he knew the Throwin Samoan Aso Pogi very well. Chatted for quite a while. Great dude.

Where is the most surprising place you've come across O-State alumni?

Reactions: AC2020
Been working across the US this summer and have been surprised by all the OSU people I've stumbled across from coast to coast. North Carolina, Michigan, Massachusetts.......Pokes travel well, I have to say.

Recently was in Greensboro, NC and popped my head inside a batting cage business. One of the patrons was about the biggest middle-aged white guy you'll ever come across. Broad shoulders, about 6'6, solid as a rock. He had on an 'OSU Football Legends Weekend' t-shirt. I had to ask him about it.

Turns out he was a former offensive lineman at O-State and, yes, he knew the Throwin Samoan Aso Pogi very well. Chatted for quite a while. Great dude.

Where is the most surprising place you've come across O-State alumni?
Met a guy a few weeks ago in the Anchorage Airport. Not the place I was expecting to see other Pokes.

I usually wear something with OSU on it when flying. Get a lot of "Go Pokes" in the airport terminals.

I'm guessing they're one of us.

Reactions: The Duke
Walking up some stairs in Positano, Italy. I was wearing my daughter’s sorority Dad’s Day shirt. Person walking up the stairs said “Go Pokes”. Stopped and talked to them and found out their neighbor was one of our tailgate friends.

The family and I had neon green Eskimo Joe's t-shirts on as we were walking by the White House in Washington DC. on vacation. A guy saw us and said "Hey I went to OSU"...he worked in DC doing something in government purchasing. Very random encounter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT