ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics 2020

Cordellhall83

All-Big12
May 29, 2001
So how does qualifying for the Olympics work? Is it by ranking? Is there a tournament and the winner in each weight represents? Is it the world team? What if Fix were to win a gold at World...is he automatically the USA rep for that weight? How does it all work?

So how does qualifying for the Olympics work? Is it by ranking? Is there a tournament and the winner in each weight represents? Is it the world team? What if Fix were to win a gold at World...is he automatically the USA rep for that weight? How does it all work?
Olympic Trials tournament will happen next year sometime (I think April). Returning World Medalists receive a bye to the finals, similar to how Final X works on non-olympic years.

Olympic Trials tournament will happen next year sometime (I think April). Returning World Medalists receive a bye to the finals, similar to how Final X works on non-olympic years.

The bye to the finals are the only thing I don’t like about the setup. Counter to every other competition and sport. I get getting a first round bye, top seed, etc. but a bye to the finals IMO is just counter to what wrestling is all about.

The bye to the finals are the only thing I don’t like about the setup. Counter to every other competition and sport. I get getting a first round bye, top seed, etc. but a bye to the finals IMO is just counter to what wrestling is all about.
Agreed, they deserve something though. I think a bye to the semi's is probably a little more fair while still giving them a reward for their successes. I believe that is what USAW is doing to the non-oly medalists that move to oly weights.

Reactions: osu2082
Anyone know if Fix will take an Olympic redshirt? If so will he train in Stillwater or is there a wrestling training facility in Colorado Springs?

Anyone know if Fix will take an Olympic redshirt? If so will he train in Stillwater or is there a wrestling training facility in Colorado Springs?

I have zero inside info but I would be shocked if he didn't take it. Not sure where he will train but I don't think he can be enrolled in school.

He was in the picture with G and Boo and Golo that the team posted with the caption “we’re back” maybe he’s just not back back...

He was in the picture with G and Boo and Golo that the team posted with the caption “we’re back” maybe he’s just not back back...
Who's Golo? I don't think I'm familiar with him.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.

Daton interview. Says he's taking classes, but still eligible for an ORS. Didn't really understand that, but otherwise a good interview...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT