ADVERTISEMENT

Old Case Over Audio Tapes in Bill Clinton’s Sock Drawer Could Impact Mar-a-Lago Search Dispute

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
First the DOJ & FBI step on each other’s dicks, then the Narrative collapse, and now Judicial Watch v. National Archives and Records Administration.

I’m convinced the White House basement dummy pulled the trigger on this. I hope President Trump releases the videotapes of the entire episode at Mar-A-Lago. I suspect that it is beyond entertaining and hilarious.

Last edited:
"Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records," she added.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
"Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records," she added.
Yep, shit britches and his crusty cabinet can't touch Teflon Don.

"The Court Cannot Compel the Archivist To Reclassify or Retrieve the Audiotapes Because the PRA Does Not Mandate It."

I found this part an interesting read.

"Rather, it states: “the Archivist of the United States shall assume responsibility for the custody, control, and preservation of, and access to, the Presidential records of that President.”" This would mean that the PRA had no responsibility to retrieve the documents, only to make sure Trump was preserving them. Remember the FBI a few months before just told them to put a lock on the door, to meet the access portion. The FBI overstepped trying to use the PRA as a means to gain a warrant.

"Because the audiotapes are not physically in the government’s possession, defendant submits that it would be required to seize them directly from President Clinton in order to assume custody and control over them. Def.’s Mem. in Support of Mot. to Dismiss at 1, 15–18. Defendant considers this to be an “extraordinary request” that is “unfounded, contrary to the PRA’s express terms, and contrary to traditional principles of administrative law.Id. at 1. The Court agrees.”"

This part is highly interesting. I read this as the court believes that you cannot just seize the documents as they are not in the government's control. Not only that the court agrees that it an "extraordinary request".

According to this in Clinton's case, the court set a precedent that was not heeded by the FBI. This looks like thin ice is starting to melt. I wonder how they are going to try and wiggle out of this screw up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT