ADVERTISEMENT

OKSTATE.com

OSUMatFan

All-American
Mar 16, 2005
It appears they have updated the results of the NCAA tournament, but not updated the roster. It does appear that they missed the two victories that Gary Wayne Harding had at the NCAA tournament. Harding lost to the third place finisher in the round of 12 so if he improves a little it is possible he could be on the podium.

Looking at the prospects for next year and the team. We do have three guys that will come back as the highest placing returning wrestlers in 141 lbs Heil, 174 lbs Crutchmer, and 165 lbs Dieringer.

With that I feel like we will have a very strong team that should start the season ranked first or second.

125 Klimara is a returning AA and should be able to do the same. Eddie has grown into this weight, but is not at risk of being too large.
133 Gary Wayne Harding came into the season expecting to redshirt at 125, but came out and wrestled up at 133 and got to the round of 12. Kaid Brock an incoming freshman may push Harding as well.
141 Dean Heil is the highest returning wrester as a sophomore. Should be a very competitive weight, but a high AA is expected and a championship would not be a surprise.
149 Collica wrestled at 157 last year, but probably is a better fit at 149. In freestyle tournaments he has defeated the two highest returning 149 pounders in freestyle tournaments this past summer. He has to be considered a strong chance for a high AA at his appropriate weight. He lost in a sv tie breaker in the round of 12 at 157.
157 Who knows if Marstellar can get down to 157, but if he can manage his weight he should be in the thick of things. I know there is just not a whole lot of incentive to starve yourself in a redshirt season and he was tougher than nails when he went up and wrestled 165 at the Scuffle.
165 Dieringer is the returning champion at this weight and was very dominant. This will not be an easy weight as the third place finisher is tough and there are some very good freshmen coming in at this weight.
174 Crutchmer is the highest returning placer at this weight that really clears out. There should be three or four other serious contenders at this weight and it would be nice if Crutchmer developed a go to takedown.
184 Boyd lost to the 6th place finisher in a close match so with a little improvement he may AA here if he is our starter. I know there are thoughts that Jordan Rogers may be our starter here.
197 Schafer and Weigel should be the leaders at this weight class. I think it would be a stretch to expect a placement here, but we can always hope.
Hwt Marsden did not wrestle very aggressively last year at the tournament. Lost two SV matches to AA at the tournament last year. Medberry from Wisconsin will be taking an Olympic redshirt and Telford and Lawson graduated. Marsden is capable of a high AA if he wrestles more aggressively next year, but he needs to wrestle aggressively.
Looks to me like a very strong team if we wrestle up to our abilities. Very excited about the expanded Big 12 as well as the Grudge Match on the Gridiron.

I don't think CM will have trouble with his weight. A friend of mine from PA had a son who worked out with him some CMs senior year. He told me CM walked around in the low to mid 160s. This is second hand info, but I have no reason to not trust his info.

If Chance can make 157 that is a very good roster. This will be a much better team than we have had since our string of four straight championships. I think this will be better than the team that barely lost to Penn State when Z was a senior and we lost by the difference in two placement positions. That team performed pretty much up to its ability though.

I have heard from a great source that CM showed back up to campus in great shape and weighed in at 165. The coaches obviously were very happy.

I would imagine that there are some 125 pounders taller than him. That guy is stout!

Really excited about this year.

A mentally and physically healthy CM not fighting to cut to 157 puts everything on the table for him and our team next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT