ADVERTISEMENT

OKC metro taco trucks

csh

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
With the nice weather and isolation at work, I've been hitting up a taco stand weekly for lunch near SE 29th and Sooner in Del City. Seems to be restaurant quality food at fast food prices. I'm wondering how I've gone this long without discovering them. Bigger question though, are all these trucks similarly good throughout the city? Or are there some to avoid? Any really good ones you frequent?

Taqueria Sanchez on 10th and Portland is really good and cheap. Haven't been there since late last summer/fall though, so not sure if they're still cranking them out. I assume they are.

Reactions: csh
The tacos in the mexican restaurant at the farmers market on Waterloo & Coltrane are pretty good. Fresh ingredients.

All cheap, all good and all worth the one time bullet you may receive after visiting multiple times

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Taqueria Sanchez on 10th and Portland is really good and cheap. Haven't been there since late last summer/fall though, so not sure if they're still cranking them out. I assume they are.

This has been my go to for the last 5 or 6 years.

Sanchez is a favorite. In Edmond we got to the truck at 15th and boulevard. Taco Loco. Really good food consistently.

im in Del City a lot now. Usually early mornings though. I don’t remember at taco truck at 29th and sooner. Where is it in relation to the On Cue?

Another truck that has been really good, but a couple iffy days as well is a truck at 89th and Sooner.

im in Del City a lot now. Usually early mornings though. I don’t remember at taco truck at 29th and sooner. Where is it in relation to the On Cue?

Another truck that has been really good, but a couple iffy days as well is a truck at 89th and Sooner.
Gotta go west just a little bit, it parks in the parking lot of the now closed Roundup Pizza, which for ref is between KFC and Long John Silvers.
I drive daily past the one at 89th and Sooner, I'll have to make a point to try it.

Reactions: cactusjackosu
You're playing roulette eating off a gut wagon. Take a look around and ask yourself where are they washing their hands? Godspeed OP.
jesus-street-tacos.jpg

Last edited:
You're playing roulette eating off a gut wagon. Take a look around and ask yourself where are they washing their hands? Godspeed OP.
jesus-street-tacos.jpg
There's a nifty thing in these trucks. You may have heard of them. They're called sinks.

There's a nifty thing in these trucks. You may have heard of them. They're called sinks.
Yeah OK where they getting their fresh water from? Eating off these disgusting trucks is just one step removed from eating out of a dumpster but you do you.

I’ve been eating street food in Playa for nearly 20 years. This stuff is cooked in 5 star restaurants compared to that stuff. The wife and I must have iron guts
Had tacos out of a back of a van in an alley in Mexico .. figured it is the most dangerous thing I've done but they were really good.

Reactions: Cowguy
Yeah OK where they getting their fresh water from? Eating off these disgusting trucks is just one step removed from eating out of a dumpster but you do you.
They get it from the toilet. Where else? It must be nice to go through life so naive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT