ADVERTISEMENT

OKC folks

Cowguy

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2001
how many of you remember the “growing with pride” jingle that they used to promote urban renewal and city growth, for Oklahoma City, back in the 70’s? I saw something on twitter that made the song pop into my head. Went googling to see if I could find it and found the below.

Kills me to think of the amazing buildings destroyed during this era.

Speaking of OKC projects, what is the huge project going on southwest of the Chesapeake arena?

Reactions: Ostatedchi
how many of you remember the “growing with pride” jingle that they used to promote urban renewal and city growth, for Oklahoma City, back in the 70’s? I saw something on twitter that made the song pop into my head. Went googling to see if I could find it and found the below.

No one is responding to you because you are older than dirt and no one knows what old folks like you are talking about. I am sure you will respond to this when you wake up at 3:45am.

don't remember the jingle but I remember everything getting torn down downtown...especially the Black Hotel. Some of that was necessary but they went a little too far. In 20 years they'll be pulling up the street car tracks I bet...

I remember the jingle now.

Lots of broken promises in that old video.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT