141 Dusty Hone vs. Lenny Peterson (18-5) toss up match Hone by dec. 10-0
149 Boo vs. Dylan Martinez (13-13) Boo by major 14-0
157 Sheets vs. Trey Brisker (15-10) Sheets by dec. 17-0
165 Wittlake vs. Randy Meneweather (22-5) Wittlake by dec. 20-0
174 Joe Smith vs. Cody Surratt (18-10) Joe by dec. 23-0
184 Montalvo vs. Jake Thompson (14-8) Montalvo by dec. 26-0
197 Dakota Geer vs. Casey Jumps (9-10) tf for Geer 31-0
285 Austin Harris vs. Kayne Hutchinson (14-9) Dec. Hutchinson 31-3
Dual is at Colorado Springs. Will the higher elevation affect the cowboys?

Not sure about against AF. But that second dual, after a long travel day, could see some effects on the guys. We saw that a couple years ago on a back to back out there. Couldn't get enough air in wyoming.

Why in the heck are we having to wrestle two away Big XII duals on the same day? I had to map the route from Colorado Springs to Laramie to make sure it is even possible to make it to Wyoming in time for the dual. It is hard to expect our guys to wrestle at the same high level we expect under these circumstances. Seems like a great way to get one of our wrestlers upset and dinged in NCAA seeding.

Dual is at Colorado Springs. Will the higher elevation affect the cowboys?
If prepare properly first competition at altitude shouldn't be a problem, it's the next couple days that you are more depleted than following low altitude endeavor. So both meets same day not so bad, weigh in once for two matches like one day tournament.

I saw where the wyoming match is on Flo but no listing on either epan+ or flo for AF. Did I miss it somewhere?

What are the scheduled times for the two duals?

The good news is that based on the weather forecast, there may not be anyone going to Laramie on Saturday. High winds after two days of light snow means ground blizzard and likely road closures.

I’ll just say that I wouldn’t be excited about driving from the Springs to Laramie in the summertime (due to traffic mainly - and construction delays between Castle Rock and Monument on I-25) let alone early February.

Whoever scheduled this is not very bright.

The good news is that based on the weather forecast, there may not be anyone going to Laramie on Saturday. High winds after two days of light snow means ground blizzard and likely road closures.

I’ll just say that I wouldn’t be excited about driving from the Springs to Laramie in the summertime (due to traffic mainly - and construction delays between Castle Rock and Monument on I-25) let alone early February.

Air Force dual 11am and Wyoming 7pm.

I'm telling Coach Smith what you said about him.

I'm telling Coach Smith what you said about him.
This is normally a slightly over 3 hour drive however with the weather it could be problematic. Actually I think the scheduling is good due to the proximity of the two cities (199 miles apart) and this is part of the plan to prepare for the tournaments and wrestling matches back to back. I hope they get the second match in and what is the possibility of chartering flight to Laramie?

Reactions: osu2082
This is normally a slightly over 3 hour drive however with the weather it could be problematic. Actually I think the scheduling is good due to the proximity of the two cities (199 miles apart) and this is part of the plan to prepare for the tournaments and wrestling matches back to back. I hope they get the second match in and what is the possibility of chartering flight to Laramie?
Sure it is a bit tight but jump on the bus eat relax on the way hopefully there by 4:30 but no weigh in and at altitude you dont want to do any more than just warmup etc before match like 2nd/3rd match of day in a tournament. I don't think there is any chance an OSU team would charter that flight in February.

Sure it is a bit tight but jump on the bus eat relax on the way hopefully there by 4:30 but no weigh in and at altitude you dont want to do any more than just warmup etc before match like 2nd/3rd match of day in a tournament. I don't think there is any chance an OSU team would charter that flight in February.
I get it-forgot the location and the tragedy in Colorado. I have also been on I-25 between Denver and Laramie in clear weather when the winds were 70 miles per hour. My late wife and I were happy to survive the drive without our 1992 Dodge Caravan blowing over. We were on a trip to visit our son in Oregon in 1993. Construction difficulties mentioned on I-25 but the weather is showing to be cold but not a lot of snow. I agree The winds which are usually high on that stretch could cause drifting.

In reasonable traffic it’s a 3-3.5 hour drive.

With construction on I-25, and midday Saturday traffic, more like 4 hours.

I still think the best case scenario is that the Laramie dual is cancelled due to weather related road closures.

In reasonable traffic it’s a 3-3.5 hour drive.

With construction on I-25, and midday Saturday traffic, more like 4 hours.

I still think the best case scenario is that the Laramie dual is cancelled due to weather related road closures.
Was out there in Sept, yes was construction. Doubt much construction in February. Google maps shows 3 hours but you can also take the east side toll loop (no stops some folks driving 90 in Sept) if downtown issues. I'd agree wx the potential issue not the distance. Believe the idea of the double is to toughen up the wrestlers, if ya gotta jump off the bus & wrestle in 1 hour then better be ready for it. Should win both meets easily but it'll show who still has issues.

I’m more concerned someone tries to push though a ground blizzard and they get stranded or worse get in a wreck.

Multi car pile ups are common on I-80 East of Laramie this time of year. 287 is slightly better.

Hopefully it’s a non issue.

If they know what's good for them they'll take that toll road east of the city (Highway 470) and avoid I 25 through Denver. I 25 is consistently backed up in one direction or the other, even outside of peak hours. I've lived outside of Denver for 7 years and have learned to never, ever assume that driving on I 25 will be smooth. Never. Ever :)

I have not paid for anything, but I am only seeing a youth tournament.

I tried to subscribe, but got an error.

I see that it starts at 12:00 on the OKSTATE.com. I guess they posted the MST time on the website. I have a commitment and will miss it.

I have not paid for anything, but I am only seeing a youth tournament.

I tried to subscribe, but got an error.
Our dual doesn’t start until noon central time, so maybe they will switch over. Pete 94.3 is supposed to livestream the audio.

Just saw on Twitter that it 12 CST start. I thought it started at 11 CST. Hopefully it changes over.

37 - 0 oSu

Putnam out there at HWT.
Final score 37-3 as Putnam loses6-5 at 285. On to Wyoming. We had 27 takedowns to their 4. 3 tech falls,4 majors and two decisions. Joe was ridden the entire 2nd period and won 4-1. Our other decision was a 12-6 win by Witcraft. Pic, Wyatt and Dakota had the tech falls.

Last edited:
Good dual for us..I'll say it again, no offense to Cornelius Putnam, but he should be wrestling at a D2, or D3 school IMO. I'd love to see Brock Martin simply b/c it'd make a good story...assuming he gets to a point he can physically and mentally ready to take the mat. He might be better, and he could possibly be worse, but Putnam is what he is.... OU did with Marquis Overton so I'm sure it's possible. Our 285 situation is flat out embarrassing and shameful.

Bad match for Joe. Maybe the altitude got him although it did not look like it affected anyone else. Big match for him tonight if he ends up getting Hastings.

Bad match for Joe. Maybe the altitude got him although it did not look like it affected anyone else. Big match for him tonight if he ends up getting Hastings.
Hastings lost his last match to an unranked Fresno State wrestler Brandon Martino and he lost by md 8-0. He is not ranked in the top 20 by Flo but wrestlestats shows him #21. Maybe not so big a match for Joe.

Hastings lost his last match to an unranked Fresno State wrestler Brandon Martino and he lost by md 8-0. He is not ranked in the top 20 by Flo but wrestlestats shows him #21. Maybe not so big a match for Joe.
Well , Surratt wasn't ranked, correct? Could still be a tough match for Joe.

Surratt & Hastings have good records, but they haven't faced the best competition. Hastings' RPI ranking is #37 and Surratt's is #39.

I was looking at Intermat where Hastings is ranked #12. Sounds like that is a little high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT