ADVERTISEMENT

obama daca

Rdcldad

Heisman Winner
Oct 13, 2015
so trump rescinding daca forces congress to make law and that's a problem?

obama ruling by decree hook and crook was much more dangerous to the republic.

don't see the merit in the public outcry
just get congress to do their jobs

I tend to agree.

That which was made by Executive Order can be undone by executive order.

BUT

We all did hear Stephen Miller say the President's authority on immigration is unquestionable whatever he decides (in defending the EO "Muslim ban"). Now we're kinda hearing Congress hasn't made a law, his hands are tied on DACA and he wants Congress to weigh in.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I tend to agree.

BUT

We all did hear Stephen Miller say the President's authority on immigration is unquestionable whatever he decides (in defending the EO "Muslim ban"). Now we're kinda hearing Congress hasn't made a law, his hands are tied on DACA and he wants Congress to weigh in.

agree

but feel like muslim deal is a security issue

daca deal revolves around congress not getting their job done

i'm 100% for daca btw

and i love obamas humanistic emotional plea instead of supporting the rule of law

sos that enacted obamatardcare

I tend to agree.

BUT

I think what I remember is that the president has statutory authority to regulate the number of legal immigrants from specific countries. I *THINK* that's what it was. Right now, I don't have the energy to look it up. A couple of hydraulic fluid leaks have kicked my ass and I need a shower. I apologize if I have screwed that up.

I think what I remember is that the president has statutory authority to regulate the number of legal immigrants from specific countries. I *THINK* that's what it was. Right now, I don't have the energy to look it up. A couple of hydraulic fluid leaks have kicked my ass and I need a shower. I apologize if I have screwed that up.

That's definitely NOT what Stephen Miller said.

"The end result of this, though, is that our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."

agree

but feel like muslim deal is a security issue

daca deal revolves around congress not getting their job done

i'm 100% for daca btw

Both are EOs (or Executive Actions) pertaining to immigration. The stated justifications for them are different, admittedly.

That's definitely NOT what Stephen Miller said.

"The end result of this, though, is that our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."

Rather arrogant. Him, not you.

To me executive orders are like rules a set at my house, they are only good until my wife informs me that her law has be set on a matter. So my rules sound good but in reality they are really only good until she makes the law. I have zero sympathy for pro Daca folks because my feelings are if you are going to live by the sword (executive order) then you will die by the sword (executive order).

DACA really was the least of my issues but don't they have 6 months before the changes take effect. You would think the pure hatred of Trump would get R's and D's in congress to come together and put an actual law on the books. If DACA is so great just write it into law, vote on it, pass it and it's finished.

I don't care if it's a wall or some other method. There needs to be a better system in place for immigration into this country and better deterrents (not sure what those might be) for illegal immigration. No system will ever be perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT