ADVERTISEMENT

NYU Students List Their Majors – And It Makes “Underwater Basket Weaving” Look Like a Real Major by Comparison

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

I'm 100% certain know what my parents would have said if I would have listed any of those majors as my degree field. That these are even options is an affront to any serious person.

Tuition, room and board for a year at NYU is right at $87K a year. X 4years that's $348k for a BS degrees that in the business world qualifies them for a entry level position that pays at most $40k to $50K a year. Funny part is these same idiots think they are smarter than everyone else. SMFH

I'm 100% certain know what my parents would have said if I would have listed any of those majors as my degree field. That these are even options is an affront to any serious person.
Underwater welding>underwater basket weaving>sociology of environmental communication!

Probably the smartest guy I've ever worked with had a PhD from NYU. This dude was freakishly intelligent, spoke three languages, and would probably blow away the ostate IQ test. He could actually read a Chinese book. How is that possible?

Ended up with a PhD in Modern Chinese Literature, Media Studies and Intellectual History and then landed a university teaching gig abroad. Teaches classes like 'Imperial Cartography / Atmospheric assemblages', 'Street Politics and Urban Space', and 'Queer Theory as Planetary Thinking'.

He's definitely 'out there', but he's the only person on my social media feed who posts unique, political opinions that are actually thought provoking.

It makes you wonder what this guy could do in the field of medicine or engineering.

Another of the majors was Queering and Decolonizing Theater Practice. Which raises this question: Who’s teaching these classes and how big are these classes?

Probably the smartest guy I've ever worked with had a PhD from NYU. This dude was freakishly intelligent, spoke three languages, and would probably blow away the ostate IQ test. He could actually read a Chinese book. How is that possible?

Ended up with a PhD in Modern Chinese Literature, Media Studies and Intellectual History and then landed a university teaching gig abroad. Teaches classes like 'Imperial Cartography / Atmospheric assemblages', 'Street Politics and Urban Space', and 'Queer Theory as Planetary Thinking'.

He's definitely 'out there', but he's the only person on my social media feed who posts unique, political opinions that are actually thought provoking.

It makes you wonder what this guy could do in the field of medicine or engineering.
Bet he's a real ladies man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT