ADVERTISEMENT

NS - Share dude's pic on your media

Fire extinguisher? Isn’t that how the officer died?
Yes. That piece of shit killed a cop with a fire extinguisher.

Personally, I hope everyone who’s identified from their photos inside the building is found and prosecuted. You don’t get to try to violently overthrow democracy, endanger people and kill police and then fly back home in time for work the next day. Sorry, domestic terrorism isn’t a political ideology.

Personally, I hope everyone who’s identified from their photos inside the building is found and prosecuted. You don’t get to try to violently overthrow democracy, endanger people and kill police and then fly back home in time for work the next day. Sorry, domestic terrorism isn’t a political ideology.
Okay Karen. Those politicians aren’t above reproach. They second they stop listening to the people, that’s exactly what needs to happen. And to try and paint that as a coup is idiotic. I don’t condone any violence against the police or politicians but they shouldn’t be allowed to get comfortable either

A girl I knew growing up was there and as far as I know went past the barriers but not in the Capitol. She put up pics on Twitter or Facebook . Before she got home and back to work was fired from her job .

Okay Karen. Those politicians aren’t above reproach. They second they stop listening to the people, that’s exactly what needs to happen. And to try and paint that as a coup is idiotic. I don’t condone any violence against the police or politicians but they shouldn’t be allowed to get comfortable either
You’re detached from reality on this one, man.

A girl I knew growing up was there and as far as I know went past the barriers but not in the Capitol. She put up pics on Twitter or Facebook . Before she got home and back to work was fired from her job .
Turns out actions have consequences. She messed up when she went past the barrier.

Reactions: sbaPoke
Our politicians should be absolutely fearful of any kind of dereliction to the American people. The freedom that we all share means way too much to put politicians on a pedestal and it honestly goes against everything that was intended by the constructors... many American feel this way and it’s is a MAJOR problem. They should wake up every morning thinking they’re future and well being depends on how they represent their constituency. I’ve never advocated violence but they shouldn’t doubt that they could plucked right out of their seats and sent to the pen for 90% of the crap they get by with. Their lack of fear from consequences is exactly why we are where we are.

When you bring a noose and a frame from which to hang it and you look for the Vice President (a Constitutional officer) and join in (or lead) the chant "Hang Mike Pence" and bring Molotov cocktails and pipe bombs and baseball bats and you go looking for the Speaker to "put a bullet in her head," that's about as close to a coup as you can get.

you are a MORON. It was a COUP attempt.

You’re detached from reality on this one, man.
I’d say I’m detached from popular culture and the agenda of those padding their pockets on this one. What they do through lobbyists and PACs isn’t even a theory. It’s known and talked about openly. How can you justify that stuff. Do you not care or does it just feel good to treat them like gods

When you bring a noose and a frame from which to hang it and you look for the Vice President (a Constitutional officer) and join in (or lead) the chant "Hang Mike Pence" and bring Molotov cocktails and pipe bombs and baseball bats and you go looking for the Speaker to "put a bullet in her head," that's about as close to a coup as you can get.
Cool. You need to figure out what a coup really is and you need to get back to me on how wide spread any of that really was. Look, I’m not here to condone anything that crossed the line or violence and I’ve made that very clear multiple times. Hell I’m not even here to say most of them shouldn’t go to jail for breaking through the lines. That’s just how it goes. What I am saying is that in the grand scheme, I have zero problem with people waking them up. They have insulated themselves from legal repercussions, but money walks and bullshit talks. When they stop legislating for the people (which they haven’t done in a long while), something has to change and they have to feel it.

Our politicians should be absolutely fearful of any kind of dereliction to the American people. The freedom that we all share means way too much to put politicians on a pedestal and it honestly goes against everything that was intended by the constructors... many American feel this way and it’s is a MAJOR problem. They should wake up every morning thinking they’re future and well being depends on how they represent their constituency. I’ve never advocated violence but they shouldn’t doubt that they could plucked right out of their seats and sent to the pen for 90% of the crap they get by with. Their lack of fear from consequences is exactly why we are where we are.
They were there because they didn’t want to recognize the election results. Not because their voices weren’t heard.

Your entire premise is false. There was no dereliction here. The elected officials—Democrat AND Republican—were in the middle of certifying the results of an election in which the American people voted for Biden-Harris. A fact re-confirmed AFTER some recounts. Sore losers turned violent and now a bunch of them are paying for it. Pretty simple.

Your entire premise is false. There was no dereliction here. The elected officials—Democrat AND Republican—were in the middle of certifying the results of an election in which the American people voted for Biden-Harris. A fact re-confirmed AFTER some recounts. Sore losers turned violent and now a bunch of them are paying for it. Pretty simple.
The fact that you think that’s what people are upset about proves that you’re the one detached from half the country. It had little to do with Trump specifically and that’s why he had no power to call anyone off. I doubt you have any intention of thinking past what you’re being fed so I won’t be expecting a a PM, but if you want to talk more about what really has people torqued up we can do it outside of this thread. No point in dragging this out on here when we’re not even remotely talking about the same things

They were there because they didn’t want to recognize the election results. Not because their voices weren’t heard.
It’s way too big and complicated to reduce it down to something that simple. As I said the other night, you either don’t care to really follow things (not conspiracy theory’s but things that are reported by almost everyone) or you’re being willfully ignorant. This winner take all mentality that leads one half of the country to accept anything if they’re the winners (just like pubs with Trump) is putting us on a one way street to the point of no return. I honestly can’t wrap my head around people defending any congressman or woman at this point.

Not a coup attempt; I think there has to be a level of actual believability that a coup could take place. This isn't a game of king of the hill. It's not simply by sitting in a chair you gain power. I think if anything this shows just how different we are than other places. By 8 oclock that night things were back in session. Yeah America.

Domestic Terrorism, sure, just like the riots of this summer but a little different.

Also saying that was a coup is like saying what I do at Planet Fitness makes me a body builder.

It had little to do with Trump specifically and that’s why he had no power to call anyone off.

Right, all the MAGA / Trump hats flags, shirts and "Stop the Steal" signs and chants..... were coincidental.

Yes people are pissed about politicians being politicians. But that had very little to do with that mess. Trump told them to march there on the 6th to protest the vote. They marched there on the 6th to protest the vote. If this was just about some general unhappiness that congress is full of sleazeballs, that protest could have happened any day, there was nothing magical about the 6th when it comes to what you think they were protesting. The 6th had meaning for one thing and one thing only.

The fact that you think that’s what people are upset about proves that you’re the one detached from half the country. It had little to do with Trump specifically and that’s why he had no power to call anyone off. I doubt you have any intention of thinking past what you’re being fed so I won’t be expecting a a PM, but if you want to talk more about what really has people torqued up we can do it outside of this thread. No point in dragging this out on here when we’re not even remotely talking about the same things
Nothing more complicated is at play here than this:

Donald Trump was unhappy about the election results — the will of the people in a democracy, and a truth that was confirmed multiple times over thanks to recounts and election officials working overtime to make sure this was done right — and so in a last-ditch effort to delay and disrupt the finalization of the results, he urged his most zealous followers to go fight, “stop the steal,” or whatever. Then he sat back and watched TV as windows broke and people got hurt and killed.

And for those people who forced their way into the Capitol, I have zero sympathy. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This is the last post I’ll make in this thread. I really hope they catch the asshole cop killer in OP’s post.

Right, all the MAGA / Trump hats flags, shirts and "Stop the Steal" signs and chants..... were coincidental.

Yes people are pissed about politicians being politicians. But that had very little to do with that mess. Trump told them to march there on the 6th to protest the vote. They marched there on the 6th to protest the vote. If this was just about some general unhappiness that congress is full of sleazeballs, that protest could have happened any day, there was nothing magical about the 6th when it comes to what you think they were protesting. The 6th had meaning for one thing and one thing only.
We’re talking past each other. I’m not saying it didn’t have to do with the election. I’m saying people weren’t out there to beat on the table for Trump. Yes many were but most are pissed about the process or lack there of. Our election process doesn’t meet a single standard of any other federal process. I haven’t met a single person in two months that believes our current process is, transparent, secure, easily verifiable or standard. I spend every Wednesday with guys that range from Full bird colonels to AF pilots, doctors, lawyers, farmers, ranchers, mayors, state reps etc and without fail they all believe the process broke down and their was a concerted effort by those in our judicial and legislative systems to not rock the boat in regards to investigating those results. They may not have been the ones radical enough to show up at the capital but don’t for one second kid yourself into thinking that a large % of the voting population isn’t riled about our processes and lack of checks on that process. I will go as far as to say that there would not have been a riot if the voting process had been smooth.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Nothing more complicated is at play here than this:

Donald Trump was unhappy about the election results — the will of the people in a democracy, and a truth that was confirmed multiple times over thanks to recounts and election officials working overtime to make sure this was done right — and so in a last-ditch effort to delay and disrupt the finalization of the results, he urged his most zealous followers to go fight, “stop the steal,” or whatever. Then he sat back and watched TV as windows broke and people got hurt and killed.

And for those people who forced their way into the Capitol, I have zero sympathy. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This is the last post I’ll make in this thread. I really hope they catch the asshole cop killer in OP’s post.
I agree with your last sentence but you’re burying your head in the sand if you truly believe anything above it

That was a coup attempt as a girl scout cookie is to a 7 course meal.
The insurgents shouted to kill many elected officials and HANG MIKE PENCE. They invaded the capitol with the intent of an overthrow of the government by their own words. They brought weapons to do harm. So, yes , it was a COUP attempt. They had inside help to complete their overthrow. By every standard definition, it was in fact a COUP attempt.

Reactions: 1984Poke
The insurgents shouted to kill many elected officials and HANG MIKE PENCE. They invaded the capitol with the intent of an overthrow of the government by their own words. They brought weapons to do harm. So, yes , it was a COUP attempt. They had inside help to complete their overthrow. By every standard definition, it was in fact a COUP attempt.
You are the dem version of a Q believer

Has anyone heard from @Kenny Orange Powers since the party at the capitol? Kidding of course. Just wanted to lighten the mood a touch.

We can all agree that the POS who hurled a fire extinguisher at the policeman needs to rot in hell. Now can we get back to bashing Gundy and our offense? Thanks

Has anyone heard from @Kenny Orange Powers since the party at the capitol? Kidding of course. Just wanted to lighten the mood a touch.

We can all agree that the POS who hurled a fire extinguisher at the policeman needs to rot in hell. Now can we get back to bashing Gundy and our offense? Thanks
Agreed. People are being too myopic. They forget that Trump only caught on because the people wanted to tear down the establishment. The outrage stems from the establishment defeating Trump (fairly or unfairly). That’s what this boils down to. Not going to hat for Trump as a person but the symbol of the people vs the swamp. We just have massive amounts of people who love the establishment and their power structure. Hell the haves would do anything to keep us from rocking boat yet the have nots are monsters for a walk in (not saying they shouldn’t face punishment for what ever laws they broke)

Last edited:
Agreed. This will be my last post about it but people are being too myopic. They forget that Trump only caught on because the people wanted to tear down the establishment. The outrage stems from the establishment defeating Trump (fairly or unfairly). That’s what this boils down to. Not going to hat for Trump as a person but the symbol of the people vs the swamp. We just have massive amounts of people who love the establishment and their power structure. Hell the haves would do anything to keep us from rocking boat yet the have nots are monsters for a walk in (not saying they shouldn’t face punishment for what ever laws they broke)
I think some people would be vastly amazed at which party has a majority of the "Haves". Especially the millinials.

Reactions: squeak
I think some people would be vastly amazed at which party has a majority of the "Haves". Especially the millinials.
Both party’s are the establishment. The republicans are just better at pretending they care about the constitution or the freedoms of the people. They’d all wipe their ass with it for a large enough sum of money (which they get regularly)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowpoke and TPOKE
Dork.

Agreed. This will be my last post about it but people are being too myopic. They forget that Trump only caught on because the people wanted to tear down the establishment. The outrage stems from the establishment defeating Trump (fairly or unfairly). That’s what this boils down to. Not going to hat for Trump as a person but the symbol of the people vs the swamp. We just have massive amounts of people who love the establishment and their power structure. Hell the haves would do anything to keep us from rocking boat yet the have nots are monsters for a walk in (not saying they shouldn’t face punishment for what ever laws they broke)
The establishment in this case is a democratic election. I totally get that government has become disfunctional in parts but this group who stormed the capital are one part domestic terrorist one part dumb as a lamp post. I do think it would go along way to have term limits. Politician shouldn’t be a career. It should be a public service for 4 years (still being elected of course) then you have to return to the working world.

The establishment in this case is a democratic election. I totally get that government has become disfunctional in parts but this group who stormed the capital are one part domestic terrorist one part dumb as a lamp post. I do think it would go along way to have term limits. Politician shouldn’t be a career. It should be a public service for 4 years (still being elected of course) then you have to return to the working world.
This was no democratic election.

It was a banana republic election.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT