ADVERTISEMENT

Not good news

Can he still wrestle for OSU? While not great, it seems that USADA went pretty easy on him and believes his story.

Not sure if NCAA follow USADA suspensions or not. But he would be good to go for Big 12 and NCAA. Don't think he would need a lot of matches to get ready, either.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Hopefully he has continued to work. Let's face it, since 2-10-2020, there hasn't been much to miss.

Can he still wrestle for OSU? While not great, it seems that USADA went pretty easy on him and believes his story.

The NCAA doesn’t have to follow the USDA punishments but the usually do.

This is a pretty light punishment which shows they believed his defense. Allows him to still be eligible to qualify for the olympics and compete in the NCAA postseason if he wants.

It could actually make his decision to take another RS easier. A lot of high level guys across the country with a RS available will likely take one due to the uncertainty of Covid.

The NCAA doesn’t have to follow the USDA punishments but the usually do.

This is a pretty light punishment which shows they believed his defense. Allows him to still be eligible to qualify for the olympics and compete in the NCAA postseason if he wants.

It could actually make his decision to take another RS easier. A lot of high level guys across the country with a RS available will likely take one due to the uncertainty of Covid.

I admit I've lost track of who can redshirt and can't. At this rate Fix will still be wrestling for us when he is 30.

Reactions: Inky29
Anyone who is eligible for an ORS can (Fix and Witlake) and they allow multiple ones.

Reece and all of the FR can redshirt.

Why couldn’t Chris or Derek take it?
'Ostarine is the trademarked name for a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country. In recent years, WADA has reported an increasing number of positive tests involving SARMs, and athletes who use these substances most likely obtain them through black market channels.'

If true it goes to judgment, shouldn't be working at the university if giving advice to take a substance not approved for human consumption.

According to brief, Chris Perry recommended product to Daton's dad. If true, then disappointing to say but Chris should no longer be coaching at OSU.

I think there is some potential tail covering going on. It’s a PED that isn’t uncommon. Several pro and college athletes have tested for it over the past several years.

Unfortunately I doubt it was accidental. I guess there is a chance that the Dad was using it for personal strength gain and performance boost but seems unlikely.

Link to download the full USADA consent award:

https://t.co/xLfgi2cxaP?amp=1

Section 4:

4. Mr. Fix was unaware at the time that his father, Derek
Fix, had been using ostarine (under the name “MK-2866”) every day beginning in late December 2019 or early January 2020. Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on the advice of his friend, Chris Perry. According to Derek, he stored the ostarine in his garage refrigerator and would take the ostarine either sublingually or mixed in water bottles with “Vasayo” drink mix. (Vasayo is a health and wellness supplement company for whom Derek’s wife, Mr. Fix’s mother, serves as a representative.) Though the ostarine itself remained in Derek’s garage refrigerator,
sometimes the water bottles mixed with ostarine and Vasayo drink mix would be placed in the refrigerator inside his house.

It is sad that a legendary program lead by one of the best, if not the best, American wrestler would fall to such a level. If one believes that it was an accident, I have a bridge to sell you. College wrestling is on thin ice and if ethical breaches continue we will not have friends with the NCAA, University Presidents, USA wrestling, and other decision making orgnizations. We can put our head in the sand and ignore the truth. If we do, there could be less than 25 programs within 10 years.

Reactions: vhsalum

Section 4:

Fix, had been using ostarine (under the name “MK-2866”) every day beginning in late December 2019 or early January 2020. Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on the advice of his friend, Chris Perry. According to Derek, he stored the ostarine in his garage refrigerator and would take the ostarine either sublingually or mixed in water bottles with “Vasayo” drink mix. (Vasayo is a health and wellness supplement company for whom Derek’s wife, Mr. Fix’s mother, serves as a representative.) Though the ostarine itself remained in Derek’s garage refrigerator,
sometimes the water bottles mixed with ostarine and Vasayo drink mix would be placed in the refrigerator inside his house.

It is sad that a legendary program lead by one of the best, if not the best, American wrestler would fall to such a level. If one believes that it was an accident, I have a bridge to sell you. College wrestling is on thin ice and if ethical breaches continue we will not have friends with the NCAA, University Presidents, USA wrestling, and other decision making orgnizations. We can put our head in the sand and ignore the truth. If we do, there could be less than 25 programs within 10 years.
Ordinarily, I would second the opinion of VHSalum regarding the the veracity of the refrigerator story but in this case I do not. Was it a mistake? yes it was and I do not disagree with the governing board's decision on this matter. Their hands were tied even though they had the integrity to say they believed it happened as described. While I am not a close personal friend of the Fix family, I do know them and have had several conversations with both Daton and both of his parents over the last several years both before and after he became a Cowboy. IMO this is an exceptional family. They live their faith and put it into practice daily. They are raising their children including Daton to be exceptional and the idea that they or Daton would purposely break rules to gain an advantage is not something I believe happened. So, while VHS is very much entitled to his opinion, I will not be purchasing a bridge or swampland in Florida from him. The suspension is more or less a slap on the wrist particularly since it should not affect his wrestling due to the Covid situation. I am sure Daton and Derek both regret very much that this happened not due to the suspension but due to doubts raised by the action. I am a believer in the Fix family so in this case I am tearing up my COM card read "Cynical old Man".

Section 4:

Thank you for your opinion. However unpopular. It is good to know there are perfect people in the world who never made a mistake. Good luck with your bridge selling. Try Hawkeye Report, they are always talking about needing bridges there.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Ordinarily, I would second the opinion of VHSalum regarding the the veracity of the refrigerator story but in this case I do not. Was it a mistake? yes it was and I do not disagree with the governing board's decision on this matter. Their hands were tied even though they had the integrity to say they believed it happened as described. While I am not a close personal friend of the Fix family, I do know them and have had several conversations with both Daton and both of his parents over the last several years both before and after he became a Cowboy. IMO this is an exceptional family. They live their faith and put it into practice daily. They are raising their children including Daton to be exceptional and the idea that they or Daton would purposely break rules to gain an advantage is not something I believe happened. So, while VHS is very much entitled to his opinion, I will not be purchasing a bridge or swampland in Florida from him. The suspension is more or less a slap on the wrist particularly since it should not affect his wrestling due to the Covid situation. I am sure Daton and Derek both regret very much that this happened not due to the suspension but due to doubts raised by the action. I am a believer in the Fix family so in this case I am tearing up my COM card read "Cynical old Man".

One minor clarification Obe -- it was Racpack that felt the need to share his sanctimonious viewpoint. Vhsalum is the guy that dug up a year old thread just to take a shot at the Fix's.

I've read some posts here and the other boards. People can question the explanation. They can choose to believe the story or not. But anonymous posters that kick the family while they're down are just douchebags.

I have never seen a family that was as generous and sharing as the Fix family. Daton Fix would lend a singlet to any competitor. They are a very warm and open family. I have just observed this and I am sure his competitors would agree. This is just unfortunate.

Reactions: osu2082
I have never seen a family that was as generous and sharing as the Fix family. Daton Fix would lend a singlet to any competitor. They are a very warm and open family. I have just observed this and I am sure his competitors would agree. This is just unfortunate.
There was some bad news a couple of days ago with Penn. St getting the commitment from Van Ness who is the 2nd rated prospect for the 21 class. I hope they do not pull Figueroa from Arizona St. FRL indicated that would give them the top 3 prospects in the 21 class. We look very good for the future but this along with Iowa last year and this year has likely could push Sanderson to go to a new level. I would like to see Iowa win this year and then for us to take over.

Will the situation cost Derek his job or Chris Perry his job?

Maybe if children or Iowa fans are making the decision.
So move along nothing to see here in your eyes? Obe was popped for the same drug in 2013 after he won the World Trials in Stillwater and Chris Perry won a Ncaa titles in 2013 & 2014.And Okie St has had a few Cowboy bulk jobs.

Last edited:
So move along nothing to see here in your eyes? Obe was popped for the same drug in 2013 after he won the World Trials in Stillwater and Chris Perry won a Ncaa titles in 2013 & 2014.And Okie St has had a few Cowboy bulk jobs.
The ratio of Iowa/OSU roid freaks sits at something like 100:1, so maybe grab some perspective, put away the tinfoil hat and move along with these moronics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT