ADVERTISEMENT

NM

Yeah, it’s not a place to mess around. Sucks that it’s the largest city near us. We’re just glad we get Denver news now instead of ABQ, that was depressing.
No kidding. Albuquerque police have led the nation in police shootings. Looked up stats and saw that between 2015 and 2020, they shot 44 people, killing 42 of them. I'm like dang, they spend time at the range.

No kidding. Albuquerque police have led the nation in police shootings. Looked up stats and saw that between 2015 and 2020, they shot 44 people, killing 42 of them. I'm like dang, they spend time at the range.
Back in the late 70’s my dad was a volunteer highway patrolman and they patrolled the old Hwy 666 (now 371) between Shiprock and Gallup and he saw some wild shit.

Crazy thing is and I may be misremembering but I can’t think of a bad shoot for their department…also too lazy to research.

I went to sleep one night in Albuquerque. Humidity was 3%. The next AM arising I found humidity at 9%.

I've listened to high school football games on radio in the Windtalker language (Navajo). First down, second down, third down and fourth down are all spoken English. There is no Navajo translation.
The Navajo station still exists, basketball is the game of the tribe now. As a side note I do not drive through the Rez at night, it’s still depressing as hell.

And Dine is now the excepted nomenclature.

I went to sleep one night in Albuquerque. Humidity was 3%. The next AM arising I found humidity at 9%.

I've listened to high school football games on radio in the Windtalker language (Navajo). First down, second down, third down and fourth down are all spoken English. There is no Navajo translation.
Any time the humidity gets above 30% I feel like I’m dying, loved Oklahoma but F that weather.

Any time the humidity gets above 30% I feel like I’m dying, loved Oklahoma but F that weather.
I was stationed at Goose Bay, Labrador with low humidity. Homestead AFB south of 90% humidity Miami found me with rapid weight loss. Air Force doctors put me on a milk shake diet. After 20 months, I moved to Clinton-Sherman AFB in western Oklahoma. Clinton-Sherman felt like heaven.

I was stationed at Goose Bay, Labrador with low humidity. Homestead AFB south of 90% humidity Miami found me with rapid weight loss. Air Force doctors put me on a milk shake diet. After 20 months, I moved to Clinton-Sherman AFB in western Oklahoma. Clinton-Sherman felt like heaven.
My dad was stationed at the language school in Monterrey, then we got the orders for Ft Sill… far from heaven.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Legend has it, Lawton (Fort Sill) was the first city in the country to start wholesale burying utilities. A few years ago, a Lawton councilman told me a wooden utility pole hasn't been planted in the Lawton city limit since 1970. I remember reading Lawton mandating all future utilities will be buried from existing overhead.

Fort Collins, CO began an 18 year project in 1980 tearing out all existing overhead and burying. I've visited Colorado State U. before and after. Wow!!!

When I visit Fort Collins today, if I wanna see overhead wires, I go downtown to the Union Pacific railroad tracks. If I wanna see someone of color, I maybe outta luck.

Legend has it, Lawton (Fort Sill) was the first city in the country to start wholesale burying utilities. A few years ago, a Lawton councilman told me a wooden utility pole hasn't been planted in the Lawton city limit since 1970. I remember reading Lawton mandating all future utilities will be buried from existing overhead.

Fort Collins, CO began an 18 year project in 1980 tearing out all existing overhead and burying. I've visited Colorado State U. before and after. Wow!!!

When I visit Fort Collins today, if I wanna see overhead wires, I go downtown to the Union Pacific railroad tracks. If I wanna see someone of color, I maybe outta luck.
You my best out of luck but I promise you CU sucks way harder than CSU, CSU almost feels like Stillwater and CU is basically Berkeley.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
You my best out of luck but I promise you CU sucks way harder than CSU, CSU almost feels like Stillwater and CU is basically Berkeley.
As a "professional tourist" from 1991 to April, 2003, I covered over 1 million kilometers in 48 states and 2 provinces of Canada. I've never set foot in Boulder or the land locked Hopi Reservation In the Navajo Reservation.

My company was big, big into export.

Reactions: iasooner2000
As a "professional tourist" from 1991 to April, 2003, I covered over 1 million kilometers in 48 states and 2 provinces of Canada. I've never set foot in Boulder or the land locked Hopi Reservation In the Navajo Reservation.

My company was big, big into export.
It’s a weird kind of sad place as an outsider but they seem happy with it. Just don’t stop in Tuba City, just feels like you’re about to get merked.

My Dad lived in Buena Vista, Colo. for several years. Humidity was so low they left crackers and cookies out for days and they stayed fresh.
Then again, at that altitude I could ride his bicycle for a mile and had to push it back to his place.

Hey dude, move to Grand Lake...then we'll have 22 people of color. NOT an exaggeration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT