ADVERTISEMENT

news of 9/11, where were you, what were you doing

rmdelta1

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2003
i was buying a pallet of lawn fertilizer in plano tx. i heard two other customers talking about a plane hitting the first tower. turned on the pickup truck radio, by the time i got home, the second tower and pentagon had been hit. loaded my rifle, called pyscho wife at her school and watched tv for 12 hours.

how 'bout you? what were you doing on 9/11?

I was at work in Dallas, somebody said an airplane flew into a building in nyc, I figured some small prop plane due to fog. I went out to yahoo and they had a picture of the building, there was no fog.... someone set up a tv in a conference room and everyone watched tv all day pretty much, some people I worked with that were downtown were told to leave buildings.....really sad, confusing day,

Wife and I were on a plane headed to Singapore with a stop in Tokyo to refuel. Didn't find out what happened until we landed in Singapore and one of the Customs officials told us our country had been attacked. We were stranded on the other side of the world with no way to get back home to our kids. Was one of the most helpless feelings I've ever felt.

Was auditing Southern Nazarene University. Someone said a plane flew into the WTC. Found a tv and saw the second plane. We left early. Truck was almost out of gas so I stopped to refill. Lines for gas were ridiculous.

Teaching in Catoosa. i was on my conference period and someone said a plane had crashed into the WTC. My first thought was that it was something like a Cessna and that the pilot must have had a heart attack or something like that. Of course, once I saw the TV I realized it was something much bigger.

Once it was clear that it was a terrorist attack, someone asked what was the significance of this day (thinking like April 19 significance), and i responded that it was my birthday and nothing of great significance had ever happened on my birthday. Well, that’s changed now!

I remember that soon after, tons of parents were checking pulling their kids out of school in a panic. It was surreal.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Does this day have any bearing? We obviously don't care as a country about it anymore.
Can we have one thread that doesn't turn political and just allows us all to remember and honor those who died on 9/11? Today should not be a day for partisan politics.

Last edited:
I was a junior in college. The night before, my fraternity had began the formal initiation process of our pledge class.

Suffice to say, the next morning I was sleeping off the effects of a night of partying. My mother called and woke me up, telling me I needed to turn on the TV, that something had happened to the World Trade Center towers. I turned on the TV and my roommate and I set and watch in shock at what was happening. It was unbelievable.

I also recall that I had to go to class where the Professor insisted on proceeding with an exam. I recall a lot of students in the class being upset about this.

Walking around campus that day too, it seemed everybody was in a daze.

Teaching in Catoosa. i was on my conference period and someone said a plane had crashed into the WTC. My first thought was that it was something like a Cessna and that the pilot must have had a heart attack or something like that. Of course, once I saw the TV I realized it was something much bigger.

Once it was clear that it was a terrorist attack, someone asked what was the significance of this day (thinking like April 19 significance), and i responded that it was my birthday and nothing of great significance had ever happened on my birthday. Well, that’s changed now!

I remember that soon after, tons of parents were checking pulling their kids out of school in a panic. It was surreal.

To make matters worse that day my daughter was in her Freshman year of high school. It was a brand new school and they had an electrical fire that caused the evacuation and early dismissal of school that day. She was still young, a bit of a drama queen and thought the entire country was under attack.

I was at work and one of the guys came in from the shop and told me about the first plane. After the second plane hit he ran home and got a small TV that we were watching via the rabbit ears. The reception was bad enough that when the south tower went down we weren’t sure we saw what we saw.

The gas station across the street doubled the price of gas. I never shopped there again.

I had a cubicle partner that had the am radio on always. I was very suspicious after hearing the plane was a jet which unfortunately for America was confirmed less than an hour later.
Slick Willy was too preoccupied with his sex life to ever deal with international terrorism

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT