ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

Jordan Williams decommitted from OSU tonight. Social media says to take sometime away and strengthen his metal health

Im not really that high on Jordan Williams.. Any time I have seen him wrestle someone of substance he has allowed himself to be broken. He is a good candidate for d2 or junior college.

Jordan Williams is a fantastic prospect. He's beaten some the biggest names in HS wrestling.

I read his Instagram post and wish him well.

Reactions: thosick
Jordan Williams is a fantastic prospect. He's beaten some the biggest names in HS wrestling.

I read his Instagram post and wish him well.
This is a tremendous loss for us because Jordan has National Champion Division 1 potential. I don't like our guys wrestling up a weight class against the best because you can get physically or mentally hurt bad. I hope that Jordan gets himself right and comes back to the Cowboys.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPJ
Social media is a cruel place and a playground for hate....likely won't see him back to OSU. More to the story that people don't know.

Social media is a cruel place and a playground for hate....likely won't see him back to OSU. More to the story that people don't know.
There are lots of reasons guys don't make it at the D1 level, if don't have the discipline to know when to turn off social media or the mental toughness to handle it then thats not a good sign for the next level.

There are lots of reasons guys don't make it at the D1 level, if don't have the discipline to know when to turn off social media or the mental toughness to handle it then thats not a good sign for the next level.

I don't think social is one of them, but if you believe that be my guest. This is a kid you want in your room. There's a reason why we haven't sniffed a title in over a decade.

I don't think social is one of them, but if you believe that be my guest. This is a kid you want in your room. There's a reason why we haven't sniffed a title in over a decade.

He is struggling with something. Had he just decided to back off of a college commitment this wouldn’t be a big deal but he also said he is quitting HS wrestling which he still has almost 2 years of competing left.

His coach is the one who mentioned social media but either way sounds like the kid is going through a real rough patch and sometimes those types of issues can linger and limit one’s potential. Hope it doesn’t and he finds his way to Stillwater as you are right, he is an extremely talented kid.

Reactions: Travis25
Wes Harding interview, he says Jordan Williams is doing fine. Mentions the Williams / Chittum weight mismatch and says Williams is the best kid that he has ever coached.

I've seen a lot of this kid's matches and he is top level. They call him the iceman because of his ability to come from behind. Hope he gets things right and ends up in Orange, but I will root for him anyway regardless.

I like his attitude. He seems to be a little bit of a “small town” kid and I could see him at a program like Arkansas. It would be great to have him at OSU, but I hope for the best

Rylan Rogers, released his school list. NC State, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon State and that school in Norman.

Rylan Rogers, released his school list. NC State, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon State and that school in Norman.

Rogers has said he expects to go 97 in college. NCSt, Michigan & Ohio St all have promising true freshmen/recruits @ 97. I can see him ending up at OU or PSU.

If he projects to be at 197 I can see why he has not interest in us as AJ probably can hold 197.

Rogers has said he expects to go 97 in college. NCSt, Michigan & Ohio St all have promising true freshmen/recruits @ 97. I can see him ending up at OU or PSU.

I can see him and Jordan Williams going to OU. I actually told a buddy of mine when Jordan commited that he seemed more likely to decommitte than any other recruit we had. Along with picklo and Wiley they can form some competitive bedlam’s in the near future.

Reactions: tom_v31
I can see him and Jordan Williams going to OU. I actually told a buddy of mine when Jordan commited that he seemed more likely to decommitte than any other recruit we had. Along with picklo and Wiley they can form some competitive bedlam’s in the near future.

Will be interesting to see who OU hires and if they can establish relationships with Rogers and Williams. Can’t imagine Roselli will still be there.

Will be interesting to see who OU hires and if they can establish relationships with Rogers and Williams. Can’t imagine Roselli will still be there.
If Rogers wrestles 84 then OU would be a good destination. If he is a 97 then going to OU wouldn't be a good move with Picklo coming in next year. It appears the Rogers family is not happy how Chandler's senior year went.

If Rogers wrestles 84 then OU would be a good destination. If he is a 97 then going to OU wouldn't be a good move with Picklo coming in next year. It appears the Rogers family is not happy how Chandler's senior year went.
I loved watching Chandler during his career, but are ranking matches not how a spot is earned?

Going to be interesting watch that situation play out in Norman. Coaching changes can cause a lot of wrestler movement and changes in recruiting.

I loved watching Chandler during his career, but are ranking matches not how a spot is earned?
I don't disagree that ranking matches are very involved in deciding who wrestles or not. Chandler a 2 time all American did get beat in 2 matches by Joe Smith. This rotating our weights didn't turn out so good for us and obviously did not turn out well for Chandler Rogers. I did not have a problem with these changes and I thought our lineup would be stronger. Joe getting a very bad bracket and Jacobe Smith tearing up his knee meant he could not perform like we thought at 174. The good was Geer dropped to 84 and did all American.

Gotta be looking at Robie, right?

(with the obvious options of Popolizio & Scott being nonstarters for them)

I think Picklo may end up going 184 in college. He has been actively recruiting Rogers to OU. Jordan Williams also.

At the time, I thought the wrestle-off was fair. Thinking about it afterward though, I think Chandler should have been at 165 and Joe should have wrestled Jacobe for 174 (Jacobe would have won). Has nothing to do with Rylan either.

Reactions: JAY45
For the life of me I don’t understand what could attract top-end talent to OU right now with this coaching staff.

I think for a kid the ability to come right in an make an impact and start their own legacy. To also have the possibility of putting ou back on the map. the possibility of competing or being the first class to beat instate rival (OSU) I believe can be a draw.

I think for a kid the ability to come right in an make an impact and start their own legacy. To also have the possibility of putting ou back on the map. the possibility of competing or being the first class to beat instate rival (OSU) I believe can be a draw.
Could be their fat ass, inbred, Natural Light drinking dads told them to go to ou because that’s where their butt buddy Mayfield went.

I'm sure that has appeal. At the same time Rosseli has show nothing as far as development goes. I'm probably forgetting someone but Rosseli has been there for five years and I can't think of single guy who has improved a decent amount over that time period. Guys seem to actually get worse the longer they are in the program. It sounds hyperbolic but I can't honestly think of anyone.

I would be more worried about OU dropping the whole program over replacing Roselli. Roselli was THE top coaching prospect available when he was hired, just like the guy he replaced was thought of as an incredible hire by the Sooners when they made it.

Who could they turn to now? Really isn't any alumni that I can think of that would be able to resurrect the program.

We need Oklahoma to be better and more competitive. That would be terrible for Oklahoma State if they drop wrestling.

Reactions: tom_v31
I'm sure that has appeal. At the same time Rosseli has show nothing as far as development goes. I'm probably forgetting someone but Rosseli has been there for five years and I can't think of single guy who has improved a decent amount over that time period. Guys seem to actually get worse the longer they are in the program. It sounds hyperbolic but I can't honestly think of anyone.

OU has only a single AA finish under Rosselli - Demas in 2019. He likely would've AA'd again last year, but that wasn't a lock IMO because guys are starting to figure him out.

What's even more surprising though, is the lack of freestyle results. Rosselli was credited with building the Ohio St RTC. It's probably what got him the job. But who has developed under him at OU? On the senior level Heil didn't improve. And Molinaro actually looked like he regressed (didn't even qualify for the OTTs I believe). In November, Woodley won U23s and Heinselman won Junior Nationals, so that's something I guess. But really there hasn't been a lot of progress in the last 4+ years.

OU has only a single AA finish under Rosselli - Demas in 2019. He likely would've AA'd again last year, but that wasn't a lock IMO because guys are starting to figure him out.

What's even more surprising though, is the lack of freestyle results. Rosselli was credited with building the Ohio St RTC. It's probably what got him the job. But who has developed under him at OU? On the senior level Heil didn't improve. And Molinaro actually looked like he regressed (didn't even qualify for the OTTs I believe). In November, Woodley won U23s and Heinselman won Junior Nationals, so that's something I guess. But really there hasn't been a lot of progress in the last 4+ years.

We all know OU has struggled but it is staggering if you go look at their individual results the past 5 years. Like you said, one All-American. I believe they've only had one conference champ too (Demas). And as good as Demas is, I don't think he is improving much.

And didn't he bring Demas with him from Ohio? If so, not sure you can count him as an OU success.
Not a transfer from Ohio State but got him to commit after he was hired.

Didn't OU win the Big 12 at 157 a couple of years ago? Justin Thomas. I think the Big 12 sent two to nationals at that weight.

Not a transfer from Ohio State but got him to commit after he was hired.

Yes not a transfer but pretty sure brother was at Oh St and he obviously came from Ohio. Has he recruited any other top Ohio kids?

Yes not a transfer but pretty sure brother was at Oh St and he obviously came from Ohio. Has he recruited any other top Ohio kids?
His lack of commitment to OU is evident by the fact that his family still lives here in Ohio, his youngest son Jaxon is a freshman at Olentangy Liberty (he does wear OU headgear), the same school that Kharchla, Connor Brady, and a few other high level kids have come from, he couldn’t land any of those kid’s because it’s also where Tom Ryan’s kids went.

Reactions: osu2082

That was his brother Josh Demas who went to Ohio St.

Rosselli also recruited Sam Dover out of Ohio. He was a pretty good recruit, beat Balmeceda in the Ironman finals a couple of years ago. He had a rough true freshman year though. They had a hole at 165 last year and moved him up temporarily (he wrestled Boo @ 149 and then Wittlake @ 165 a couple of weeks later). Probably didn't help his confidence any wrestling up 2 weight classes. Rosselli also got Mitch Moore as a transfer this year.

Rosselli has failed to elevate the program and in fact his tenure has been worse that his predecessor who was fired for better results.

Covid and a lack of interest might save him for awhile longer but OU doesn’t like to lose in any sport and they have actually invested a sizable amount of funds and resources into that program during his tenure. He is living on borrowed time.

That would be some good recruits and a good team. I hope Rosselli can start developing some of that talent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT