ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

SeaBass went home....committed to Rutgers. Congrats to Young on choosing Northwestern. Great school from an academic standpoint, and gets the wrestle in the best conference in the nation. It seems like we cooled on him from a recruiting standpoint, and likely looking a bigger fish.

In terms of Kennedy Monday, he announced yesterday he's staying at UNC.

Last edited:
WAAAYYYY the heck down the line; but since you guys are talking little Ferrrari, allow me to put another name on that 2025 radar...

Leo DeLuca (NY/NJ)....#13 on the Flo Junior High Big Board; 2018 Super 32 Youth Champion, 2016 FloNationals Youth titlist; Went a combined 17-2 at 2019 USAW 14U National Duals.

Is a work horse who trains at SOB...Likely to end up attending Blair Academy....Already has a very good relationship with Coach Smith and Coach Perry from attending camps they have held in the tri-state area.

Again, certainly not an immediate focus, but if someone plans on attending the Grand River Rumble in person (hosted in OK. this year) or watching from home on TrackWrestling, DeLuca will be competing on behalf of Kong United.

Over the last few years, there has been a strong Cowboy influence on Kong....Dustin Plott was part of the 2018 team that won the NHSCA National Duals; and in 2019, both Reece Witcraft and Konner Doucet, helped lead the Mighty Monkey to a four-peat in Virginia Beach.

Back when Kong was primarily a New York inspired organization, 3x NCAA DI All-American, Nick Piccininni, was a core member of the 2013 cohort that finished as runners-up at the Disney Duals.

Daniel Cardenas, who has been mentioned in this thread before as a target, was announced as initially being on the Kong roster for next week...Not sure if that is still the case.

Update on Kong roster...

No more Cardenas....But the good news for Cowboy fans is that OSU commit, Teague Travis, will now be competing for KU next week.

Reactions: proud2bpokes
Quite a few guys registered for the Grand River Rumble...

besides Teague Travis, I also saw AJ Ferrari, Surber, Blankenship, Andrews, plus young guns like Roller & Angelo Ferrari.

Good match in 2nd round between Angelo Ferrari and Blankenship ending 3-2 for Ferrari. Older Ferrari at 220 had a 13-1 md.Surber had fall in his first match. Jace Roller has two wins and defeated the Coach's son Whitted in 2nd round 3-2 in a highly contested match.

Quite a few guys registered for the Grand River Rumble...

besides Teague Travis, I also saw AJ Ferrari, Surber, Blankenship, Andrews, plus young guns like Roller & Angelo Ferrari.
Is there anywhere to look at the brackets?

Both Ferrari's and Surber were 6-0 on the day. Blankenship and Jace Roller were4-2. Should be some great matchups tomorrow in the individual tournament such as Ferrari vs. Elam, Surber vs. Picolo for two.

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
Both Ferrari's and Surber were 6-0 on the day. Blankenship and Jace Roller were4-2. Should be some great matchups tomorrow in the individual tournament such as Ferrari vs. Elam, Surber vs. Picolo for two.
I obviously did not understand this tournament as the individual tournament today has a high school division but apparently none of the wrestlers I high lighted yesterday are in it and the brackets for high school are small. Sorry for the misinformation.

I obviously did not understand this tournament as the individual tournament today has a high school division but apparently none of the wrestlers I high lighted yesterday are in it and the brackets for high school are small. Sorry for the misinformation.
Julian Farber at 138 yesterday defeated Blankenship 3-2. He easily won the 138 pound title in the high school tournament today with major decisions or better in each match. He was a Georgia State champion and will wrestle at UNI next year. 94-2 in High School with 56 pins.

Does anyone know what Marquonn Journey's college plans are? Looks like he's a 2020 grad out of Choctaw. He had a couple of nice wins @ 285 at the Rumble last week.

FYI, Kyle Haas also wrestled last week, at the King of the Ring duals. The matches are on Flo. One of his teammates was Joey Cruz, who we've been linked to.

Does anyone know what Marquonn Journey's college plans are? Looks like he's a 2020 grad out of Choctaw. He had a couple of nice wins @ 285 at the Rumble last week.

FYI, Kyle Haas also wrestled last week, at the King of the Ring duals. The matches are on Flo. One of his teammates was Joey Cruz, who we've been linked to.
I read that Haas lost a match. Anybody watch him? That surprised me

It's on Flo. One of those matches you turn the page on and just forget about. After that loss, he beat the #79 guy in the 2021 class.

One thing about Haas (besides the athleticism), he's very aggressive. Wrestles "mean". We need more of that on the team IMO.
I'll have to watch it thanks.

Reactions: Wrassler17
It's on Flo. One of those matches you turn the page on and just forget about. After that loss, he beat the #79 guy in the 2021 class.

One thing about Haas (besides the athleticism), he's very aggressive. Wrestles "mean". We need more of that on the team IMO.
I watched the matches with Haas and 2 of them were very unimpressive. He did hurt his rib cage it appeared but still won. I don't know how to explain the match he lost but he managed to lose decisively. Some of the opponents scores such as the reversal and ride out were weird. It is like he said in the 3rd period here I will give you a reversal and let you ride me out. I know he is a quality wrestler but it was a bad day for him.

Not sure if you have ever wrestled with a bruised rib, but there is not joy in that. It hurts to breathe deeply and just to keep off your back is a challenge. Rib injuries are very rough. I did it in high school and recovered in a week, but was pretty pitiful competing with the pain.

There were quite a few upsets last week. Caleb Henson is top 10 in the 2022 class and he got beat twice at the Rumble. Guys haven't been able to train properly the last few months. l think you take these results with a grain of salt and just give them all credit for wanting to compete again.

In terms of Haas, he bull rushed his first 3 opponents and pinned them in about a minute. In the semis, his opponent played the edge until Haas got tired. At one point, Haas even threw himself on his own back trying a lat throw. In the finals he faced a quality ranked guy, took him down and almost had him pinned in the first period. Then he hurt his ribs and still found a way to win.

Reactions: osu2082
Was looking at Willie's updated rankings. He's got Anthony Ferrari's HS listed as Stillwater. Anyone else hear that? Would be good news.

Cooper Birdwell committed to us yesterday. 3 time state champ in Montana.
He finished his 3rd straight undefeated season at 126 by defeating Jake Bibler in the championship finals. Bibler was a senior and going for his 4th state title. He won the match by a major 15-2. We now have five recruits in the 2021 class including Kyle Haas (285), Victor Voinovich (149/157), Teague Travis (157), Travis Mastrogiovanni (165) and Birdwell (125).

Jordan Williams released his top 5. Did anyone see it? I don't have a flo sub anymore and I couldn't find it any where else.

Didn’t make Jesse Mendez’s top 9. Kind of surprised by that. Have actual offers gone out to the class of 2022 yet? I can’t remember the new dates.

• Arizona State
  • Missouri
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma
  • Oklahoma State
  • Wisconsin

The FLO guys mentioned the potential “fit” issues at OSU. One of the Mastros, Voinivich, Hone, Balmeceda, and McLane will all be in the mix around his weight.

It will be interesting to watch him grow over the next 18 months and begin to see where he projects. Is he a 141 or can he project all the way up at 157?

Flo has gotten sloppy with their coverage lately -- Dusty Hone would be long gone before Jordan Williams stepped on campus. The ideal scenario is we land Williams and he can hold 141. That would really solidify the lineup going forward. UNC just added Jamill Kelly, so they can offer both him and JO as training partners.

• Arizona State
  • Missouri
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma
  • Oklahoma State
  • Wisconsin
Who's number one is about to start. Lots of wrestlers committed to us or could commit to us in the near future. Commits wrestling tonight are Voinovich 152, Mastrogiovanni at 160 and Haas at 220. Jordan Williams at 138 is about to wrestle against Mendez.

Who's number one is about to start. Lots of wrestlers committed to us or could commit to us in the near future. Commits wrestling tonight are Voinovich 152, Mastrogiovanni at 160 and Haas at 220. Jordan Williams at 138 is about to wrestle against Mendez.
Williams lost 3 to 2, close match, good defense and Williams came close several times to scoring the winning takedown at the end of the match but Mendez has good defense. We could really use Williams in the 22 class and he has us as 1 of his potential schools but some say that his high school does not like us because of the coaches son experience in Stillwater. Mendez takedown came off a good duck under attempt by William where he ended with Mendez behind him for the left and takedown. Another top recruit in the 22 class Rylen Rogers( wrestling tonight at 182) did not list us as a potential landing place probably because Jordan and Chandler Rogers both had some bad experience with us.

Last edited:
Williams lost 3 to 2, close match, good defense and Williams came close several times to scoring the winning takedown at the end of the match but Mendez has good defense. We could really use Williams in the 22 class and he has us as 1 of his potential schools but some say that his high school does not like us because of the coaches son experience in Stillwater. Mendez takedown came off a good duck under attempt by William where he ended with Mendez behind him for the left and takedown. Another top recruit in the 22 class Rylen Rogers( wrestling tonight at 182) did not list us as a potential landing place probably because Jordan and Chandler Rogers both had some bad experience with us.
Rogers lost 7 to 5 to Lenny Pinto. Rogers seemed very tired, Pinto seemed the better wrestler tonight but he is a senior and Rogers is a junior.

Rogers lost 7 to 5 to Lenny Pinto. Rogers seemed very tired, Pinto seemed the better wrestler tonight but he is a senior and Rogers is a junior.
Voinovich beat Condomitti 4 to 3. He did not win by his top wrestling but won with 2 takedowns. He did ride his opponent for the last 30 seconds. In the second period Victor was on top and gave up a reversal wand was rode out for over a minute. I liked Voinovich and I hope he can make 49 in the future for us.

Voinovich beat Condomitti 4 to 3. He did not win by his top wrestling but won with 2 takedowns. He did ride his opponent for the last 30 seconds. In the second period Victor was on top and gave up a reversal wand was rode out for over a minute. I liked Voinovich and I hop he can make 49 in the future for us.

He looked really good and it was great to see him get two TDs in the 3rd to win. He has been noted as a beast on top but to beat a high level guy like this on the feet was very good to see.

He looked really good and it was great to see him get two TDs in the 3rd to win. He has been noted as a beast on top but to beat a high level guy like this on the feet was very good to see.
Haas is coming up next against Feldman at 220. I think Haas will need to get a takedown other than by a throw to win this match. I like his ability to throw but I would like to see him shoot a takedown. Here they come.

Haas is coming up next against Feldman at 220. I think Haas will need to get a takedown other than by a throw to win this match. I like his ability to throw but I would like to see him shoot a takedown. Here they come.

Haas had no answer and was beaten soundly. Looked a little disinterested. Hard to know what these guys have been able to do it have been doing but Haas got rocked.

Haas got murdered, Feldman seemed like a monster much quicker, much better balance, much better technique. If Haas can't throw someone he is in trouble. In the Kansas finals that kid he wrestled was very strong and good and he lost. Haas will really need to improve in his weak areas if he is going to be real good.

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
Cody Chittum beat Iowa commitment Henson at 145. Chittum has Oklahoma State on his school list. He is a sophomore from Blair.

Cody Chittum beat Iowa commitment Henson at 145. Chittum has Oklahoma State on his school list. He is a sophomore from Blair.
Picklo upset Schumatte at 195 by the score 3 to 1. Great defense by Picklo. Picklo is committed to OU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT