ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

What do you think about our chances with Williams and Rylan Rogers?
I know Rylan's dad wasn't very happy with the way things turned out for Chandler. A couple of years ago I would've thought Rylan would be a cowboy for sure, now I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

I know Rylan's dad wasn't very happy with the way things turned out for Chandler. A couple of years ago I would've thought Rylan would be a cowboy for sure, now I doubt it, but I could be wrong.
Be a shame if that caused him to go elsewhere. He seems like a talented kid.

Have to wonder how much scholarship money is going to factor into this class. We can't be sitting on much.

Have to wonder how much scholarship money is going to factor into this class. We can't be sitting on much.

Very true. Blankenship will help as he is extremely bright and his dad works for OSU. One of the other guys we are sitting great with is an in state kid and you have to think the Ferrari’s make what’s need to work, work.

They could also be moving to Oklahoma which will make both younger brothers in state kids as well.

Very true. Blankenship will help as he is extremely bright and his dad works for OSU. One of the other guys we are sitting great with is an in state kid and you have to think the Ferrari’s make what’s need to work, work.

They could also be moving to Oklahoma which will make both younger brothers in state kids as well.

That would be awesome news on the Ferrari's. Is there a third brother?

Scholly $ is always hard to figure, but I think it's a good thing that we are/were still pursuing some top 2021 guys like Poulin, Valencia & Wicks. Likely means we still have some $ in reserve that can be redirected to 2022 if necessary. Plus 2023 will probably be a very small class before 2024 brings in Ferrari, Roller & Voinovich.

I would guess he is at Allen Highschool or did they move on from the disappointment from last season?

Bear Hughes is transferring to Little Rock per Seth. Little Rock might be able to build a decent mid major establishing a pipeline to OSU. I'm rooting for those guys.

Bar currently pretty low on that, making starting lineup gets you best of three at this point.

We are obviously projecting as none of the 3 have competed at the division 1 level yet but it’s hard not to see the accomplishments of the youngest brother to this point and not get very excited of the potential impact that family could have on the future of Cowboy wrestling.

Hope it works out for all involved.

Getting Williams would be huge. Big time talent at a need weight. Especially with PSU picking up Howard, Bartlett & Kerkvliet plus still lurking for Figueroa & Van Ness. We need all the top end firepower we can get.

Rogers wore OSU headgear multiple x until the Chandler situation. After that he started wearing OU gear (while training for Fargo in 2019 and then also on Mastro's signing day). Didn't think much about that until I read the Flo article saying OU is the only team he follows on twitter. On the bright side, he's friends with both Travis Mastro & Boo. Hopefully that helps.
Also Rylan Rogers could go to Little Rock since Chandler is now an assistant there. Boy this would have been a fun spring and summer to watch our wrestlers and commitments wrestle at Fargo etc. I really was looking forward to watching our top commitments compete with the best. Well life has certainly changed which includes wrestling. The Mastro's, Ferrari's, Plott, Haas, Burks and Voinovich's might really have shown the wrestling world something. Hopefully they will be able to wrestle in the winter.

Reactions: Wrassler17 and DPJ
Flo only has the youngest Ferrari ranked #37 in the 2024 class, but I think he's gonna turn out to be a monster. Voinovich is #19 and Roller is #20. There's also a kid out of KS named Chris Coates ranked #11. Saw him win a tourney last fall wearing an OSU singlet. Obviously a long way off, but those 4 would be a fantastic class.

WAAAYYYY the heck down the line; but since you guys are talking little Ferrrari, allow me to put another name on that 2025 radar...

Leo DeLuca (NY/NJ)....#13 on the Flo Junior High Big Board; 2018 Super 32 Youth Champion, 2016 FloNationals Youth titlist; Went a combined 17-2 at 2019 USAW 14U National Duals.

Is a work horse who trains at SOB...Likely to end up attending Blair Academy....Already has a very good relationship with Coach Smith and Coach Perry from attending camps they have held in the tri-state area.

Was looking at Willie's 2022 rankings and there are some differences with Flo's. I think it's safe to say Willie's the better evaluator of talent.

He's super high on Rylan Rogers - has him at #4 - but considered making him the #1 overall recruit (wow). He's got Harley Andrews as his biggest mover, all the way up to #16 (really like him). And Quentin Sanders up at #20 (haven't seen a lot of him). Interestingly, he's got Zach Blankenship down at #75 (don't agree with that one though).

Reactions: DPJ
Was looking at Willie's 2022 rankings and there are some differences with Flo's. I think it's safe to say Willie's the better evaluator of talent.

He's super high on Rylan Rogers - has him at #4 - but considered making him the #1 overall recruit (wow). He's got Harley Andrews as his biggest mover, all the way up to #16 (really like him). And Quentin Sanders up at #20 (haven't seen a lot of him). Interestingly, he's got Zach Blankenship down at #75 (don't agree with that one though).
I sort of remember Blankenship getting beat soundly this year by maybe Carter Young. Also he did not wrestle in the state tournament because of an injury. I hope Harley Andrews has really improved. Someone on the forum indicated that 1 other Oklahoma kid favored us in this recruiting class and I was thinking Andrews because he is at Tuttle.

I sort of remember Blankenship getting beat soundly this year by maybe Carter Young. Also he did not wrestle in the state tournament because of an injury. I hope Harley Andrews has really improved. Someone on the forum indicated that 1 other Oklahoma kid favored us in this recruiting class and I was thinking Andrews because he is at Tuttle.

Blankenship was injured most of the year and it finally ended his season. I’m pretty sure it was Williams who beat him this year.

The other thing to remember with Blankenship is that he focuses on football in the fall and splits both sports in the offseason. He has high end potential IMO as he has yet to fully focus on wrestling.

Blankenship actually dropped matches to both Young & Williams this past season, but neither is a "bad" loss IMO. And the Big Board is really supposed to be more about long-term college potential than current HS ranking. Just seems like Blankenship is an athletic multi sport guy with a big upside, so I was surprised to see him at #75.

Harley, you'll like this though...Willie has Ferrari & Plott #1 and #2 in the 2020 class. Amos is 3rd.

What about John Wiley from Mustang.. 2x state champ, 2x double Fargo champ, will be a junior this fall... He is weighing around 160 right now, whats to go to a "big 3 school out of state" or stay in state..

What about John Wiley from Mustang.. 2x state champ, 2x double Fargo champ, will be a junior this fall... He is weighing around 160 right now, whats to go to a "big 3 school out of state" or stay in state..

Wiley is ranked #11 by Matscout (Willie) and #19 by Flo. He could be an option to take over for Wittlake @ 165.

Reactions: osu2082
I would say Jordan Williams is a UNC lean at this point. Like another poster said, Williams is willing and is very interested leaving the state, and distance doesn't seem to be a factor. OSU will have to battle hard for his LOI, but they're not out of it.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Blankenship actually dropped matches to both Young & Williams this past season, but neither is a "bad" loss IMO. And the Big Board is really supposed to be more about long-term college potential than current HS ranking. Just seems like Blankenship is an athletic multi sport guy with a big upside, so I was surprised to see him at #75.

Harley, you'll like this though...Willie has Ferrari & Plott #1 and #2 in the 2020 class. Amos is 3rd.
This fits with my view of the recruit rankings. Flo is so focused on wrestlers wrestling so many matches and so they get dropped if they get injured. You would have to be a fool to think that there are 8 better wrestlers than Plott and Ferrari in this years class.

Kenny Monday is transferring from UNC. I haven't seen a list anywhere of where he could end up.

He would be a good fit in the lineup for this coming year.

He would. Could either go 165 if TW wanted to bump to 174 or he could go 174. Potential fringe AA candidate either way.

Reaching here but you wonder if that means Kenny could also be on the move soon. We do have an opening....

He deleted his tweet about transferring. Have no idea what that means.

Looks like Sebastian Rivera is entering the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Carter Young committed to Northwestern.

Yea sort of a strange deal. He moved to Stillwater to follow Fix and wrestle and be around our RTC and college program. I’m wondering if fit was an issue here.

Congrats to him and his family who are good people. NW is a fantastic university.

Reactions: DPJ and Air_Thurman
ADVERTISEMENT