ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

NHSCA duals this weekend, Doucet, And Witcraft are on Team Kong United with a ton of other talent.

HS Hs Team Kong United First Name Last Name Info
106 Joey Fischer 10th PA state placewinner, Double Flo National champ, Fargo National champ
113 Brenden Chaowanapibool 12 3X WA State Champ, Fargo National champ.World Team Member
120 Kysen Terukina 11 3X HI state Champ, NHSCA 2x National Champ.
120 Jordan Titus 10 NY State Champ, NHSCA National Champ, Fargo AA
126 Zach Redding 11 NY State Champ,Flo Nationals AA, 3X NHSCA Finalist
132 Reece Witcraft 12 2x Oklahoma State Champ,Fargo National Champ,Ironman Champ,
138 Adam Busiello 12 5X NYS Champ, 3X Super 32 Champ, Fargo AA
138 Logan Sciotto 11 3rd NYS
145 Jordan Crace 12 2X Ohio State Champ,2X Super 32 AA, Fargo AA
145 Victor Voinovich 10 Ohio State Champ,UWW AA, Preseason national Champ,Flo National AA,
152 Isaac Wilcox 12 3X Utah State champ. 3X USAW AA,2X Fargo AA, USAW Folkstyle National Champ
160 Jace Luchau 12 2X Ca state AA, 4X Fargo AA,Flo National Champ
170 Talon Borror 12 3X OK State Champ, 2X Fargo AA
170 Trey Munoz 12 CA State Champ, Doc Buchanan Champ, NHSCA Senior National Champ, Fargo AA
182 David Key 12 2X GA State Champ,Fargo AA
195 Peter Christensen 12 2X Il State Champ,Fargo National Champ, 4X Fargo AA, 2X Ironman AA
195 Christain Knop 12 4X Alabama State Champ, NHSCA Senior National Champ, Flo Nationals AA, 3X Fargo AA
220 Konnor Doucet 11 3X Ok State Champ,2X Super 32 AA, 2X Fargo AA
285 John Birchmeier 12 4X Virginia State Champ, Beast of thr East champ,Ironman AA, USA Allstar Team member
285 Spencer Trenary 12

Reactions: Harleycowboy
NHSCA duals this weekend, Doucet, And Witcraft are on Team Kong United with a ton of other talent.

HS Hs Team Kong United First Name Last Name Info
106 Joey Fischer 10th PA state placewinner, Double Flo National champ, Fargo National champ
113 Brenden Chaowanapibool 12 3X WA State Champ, Fargo National champ.World Team Member
120 Kysen Terukina 11 3X HI state Champ, NHSCA 2x National Champ.
120 Jordan Titus 10 NY State Champ, NHSCA National Champ, Fargo AA
126 Zach Redding 11 NY State Champ,Flo Nationals AA, 3X NHSCA Finalist
132 Reece Witcraft 12 2x Oklahoma State Champ,Fargo National Champ,Ironman Champ,
138 Adam Busiello 12 5X NYS Champ, 3X Super 32 Champ, Fargo AA
138 Logan Sciotto 11 3rd NYS
145 Jordan Crace 12 2X Ohio State Champ,2X Super 32 AA, Fargo AA
145 Victor Voinovich 10 Ohio State Champ,UWW AA, Preseason national Champ,Flo National AA,
152 Isaac Wilcox 12 3X Utah State champ. 3X USAW AA,2X Fargo AA, USAW Folkstyle National Champ
160 Jace Luchau 12 2X Ca state AA, 4X Fargo AA,Flo National Champ
170 Talon Borror 12 3X OK State Champ, 2X Fargo AA
170 Trey Munoz 12 CA State Champ, Doc Buchanan Champ, NHSCA Senior National Champ, Fargo AA
182 David Key 12 2X GA State Champ,Fargo AA
195 Peter Christensen 12 2X Il State Champ,Fargo National Champ, 4X Fargo AA, 2X Ironman AA
195 Christain Knop 12 4X Alabama State Champ, NHSCA Senior National Champ, Flo Nationals AA, 3X Fargo AA
220 Konnor Doucet 11 3X Ok State Champ,2X Super 32 AA, 2X Fargo AA
285 John Birchmeier 12 4X Virginia State Champ, Beast of thr East champ,Ironman AA, USA Allstar Team member
285 Spencer Trenary 12
I saw about 5 matches each for Witcraft and Doucet. They wrestled well and won each match.

Reactions: oberebo
High praise Harley!
I spoke too soon. Reece won a close won in the round of 32 duals and lost in the round of 16. He seemed to be the better wrestler but his style of takedown and then just give the escape did not work well when in the second period you get thrown for five. He continued giving escapes with the last occurring with a little over a minute to go which put him down by 1.. He really was not aggressive to the last 20 seconds and he lost. Doucette won both of his matches by pin at 220. In the quarterfinals Witcraft had a solid win and Doucette won by tech fall. Witcraft rode his opponent most of the second and third period.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon. Reece won a close won in the round of 32 duals and lost in the round of 16. He seemed to be the better wrestler but his style of takedown and then just give the escape did not work well when in the second period you get thrown for five. He continued giving escapes with the last occurring with a little over a minute to go which put him down by 1.. He really was not aggressive to the last 20 seconds and he lost. Doucette won both of his matches by pin at 220. In the quarterfinals Witcraft had a solid win and Doucette won by tech fall. Witcraft rode his opponent most of the second and third period.
In the semi's Witcraft won 1 to 0 and Doucette won 4 to 1. Solid wins but not impressive.

In the semi's Witcraft won 1 to 0 and Doucette won 4 to 1. Solid wins but not impressive.
Witcraft got beat fairly soundly in the finals giving up a takedown in the first period and 2 back points. Witcraft never got going. Doucet was ahead 4 to 0 with 10 seconds left and got the takedown and a quick pin after the takedown in the last second.

Witcraft got beat fairly soundly in the finals giving up a takedown in the first period and 2 back points. Witcraft never got going. Doucet was ahead 4 to 0 with 10 seconds left and got the takedown and a quick pin after the takedown in the last second.

I only watched the finals but Doucett looks like a college 197 to me. He has a similar frame as Hoffman on Ohio St. Hoffman was a 195 that also spent a little time at 220 in HS. Now he's at 184 and apparently staying there because Singletary plans on dropping to 197 in 2021.

I'm still high on Witcraft. I like the combination of upper body stuff and leg attacks. FWIW, his finals opponent won state at 152 this year. With a Friday weigh-in (plus an allowance I think), that kid was probably pushing 155 - 160 today. I didn't see Witcraft's other matches, but from your posts it sounds like he had an up & down weekend.

Reactions: osu2082
bad news on the Piccilo front.. apparently Cornell is in the lead right now. Big Pics (dad) has connections within the program from his college days and The reason the older brother is going there might have a lot to do with getting the younger there when it's time...

AJ Ferrari talks about his recruitment and mentions training partners as a key for him. Also says he's taking an unofficial visit to OU.

We obviously need Ferrari, but I'm glad he's taking his visits and checking out schools. Every kid should do that before committing.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Feel really good about Braxton Amos coming to Stillwater. He’s staying with a current recruit and going to final x with him. You can see him in the background from a news clip I saw earlier, he was working with Doucett and Espo at the Stephens County Camp in Duncan.

Feel really good about Braxton Amos coming to Stillwater. He’s staying with a current recruit and going to final x with him. You can see him in the background from a news clip I saw earlier, he was working with Doucett and Espo at the Stephens County Camp in Duncan.
Recent article in Flo on the 2020 D1 top 100 list shows the only uncommitted talent in the top ten are Ferrari, Amos and Jesse Vasquez. Oklahoma State leads the 2020 recruitment in the top 100 with Dustin Plott, Trevor Mastrogiovanni, Jakason Burks, Konner Doucet and Luke Surber. Iowa is next with Patrick Kennedy, Jesse Ybarra, Gabe Christenson, Cullen Schriever. Cornell hjas Josh Saunders, Greg Diakomohalis, and Ethan Hatcher. Va. Tech hasSammy Hillegas, Eddie Ventresca and Sam Fisheer.
Rutgers includes Connor O'Neil, John Poznanski, Dylan Shawyer. Mo.has Keegan O'Toole and Rocky Elam. Penn State has Robert Howard and Beau Bartlett. If we recruit Ferrari and Amos this will be one of our very best recruiting classes ever.

If I was him, I'd call Manning and tell him I enjoyed the official visit, but I'm just not sure I can commit yet. So I need to come back for an unofficial visit this weekend.
maybe he stopped in Stillwater for an unofficial visit on his way home?

Flo has been releasing their prospect rankings. 174 came out today and they have Surber as the No. 2 prospect at 174 in high school right now. I'm really getting excited for this kid. Here are some rankings of note so far.

#2 Mastro

#6 Burkes

#4 Blakenship

#10 Carter Young

#3 Little Ferrari
#6 Jordan Williams

#2 Little Mastro
#9 Gabe Johnson

Reactions: JAY45 and osu2082
Flo has been releasing their prospect rankings. 174 came out today and they have Surber as the No. 2 prospect at 174 in high school right now. I'm really getting excited for this kid. Here are some rankings of note so far.

#2 Mastro

#6 Burkes

#4 Blakenship

#10 Carter Young

#3 Little Ferrari
#6 Jordan Williams

#2 Little Mastro
#9 Gabe Johnson

gabe johnson came over to the deer creek room to work out with my son years ago and they went toe to toe

great seeing these kids in high places
years later

Juniors started today at Fargo. Carter Young, Jakason Burke, Voinovich, Hensen, Luke Surber, and Dustin Plott are dominating to the round of 32.
In the semi's for cadets are Williams who is winning very tight matches, Picklo dominating all of his opponents at 170 and Rogers has made the sem's without any difficult matches. In juniors Doucette and Amos have advanced to the round of 32.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT