ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

Tell me, who is the last big name to move to Stillwater to train? Someone who isn't an alum.

A couple of years back, Jesse Delgado said he was close to joining the CWC. But he ended up going to the HWC after Iowa hired Mark Perry. We brought Eddie Klimara back shortly after that.

I would be very happy if we could just keep some of our own guys post graduation. We lost JO, Heil & Collica recently and now Chandler Rogers. Chandler would have been great as a dual athlete/coach IMO. We have several guys that are good in greco - Reece Witcraft, Chance McLane, Jakason Burks. Plus the feet-to-back exposure of greco helps make guys more dangerous in freestyle.

But what and who are we going to put in there that makes Kyle Snyder consider us when he starts looking at other RTC's to move to?

Agree. Ohio State's brand new facility with the big TVs, surround sound speakers, and 5 mats didn't help retain Kyle Snyder. Going forward, the bigger (wealthier) RTCs will try to lure the top guys. You can be pretty sure PSU & tOSU will make a play for Daton in a few years.

Reactions: Wrassler17
More guys are available again apparently... Richie Figueroa & Adam Busiello. Figs started taking official visits & Busiello is no longer at ASU.

Busiello would make sense for us as a 141, but I don't know how likely that is.

The tOSU insider says they are going to get Enchemendia and he'll wrestle 157 for them starting next semester.

Idk. Maybe it’s a silent commitment and he’ll publicly announce it later? Great news either way though!

Sounds like RA might have said something he shouldn't have and scooped the kid. Probably innocent but that really sucks.

So typical. Considering he is the wrestling PA announcer and football sideline reporter, you would think he has been around enough to know when to not create conflicts between his jobs.

BTW...RA doesn't know jack sh*t about wrestling. He rarely covers the sport and has never been the PA for the sport. Looks like he stumbled on some information. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

BTW...RA doesn't know jack sh*t about wrestling. He rarely covers the sport and has never been the PA for the sport. Looks like he stumbled on some information. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
If Robert hasn’t been the PA ever since Blasingame retired, someone remind me who is.

Glad Travis was able to make his announcement before word spread too far. I don’t think many read RA’s stuff anyway.

Last edited:
If Robert hasn’t been the PA ever since Blasingame retired, someone remind me who is.

Glad Travis was able to make his announcement before word spread too far. I don’t think many read RA’s stuff anyway.

RA did PA for at least few matches after Blasingame, don’t think the experiment lasted too long though.

Gotta love that last picture he posted of he and Haas in the room, crazy good time to be excited about the future!

Mark Perry just tweeted "Pistols Firing" wonder who thats about?

So far we have the #4, #6 and #43 overall ranked recruits for 2021.

It’s not a stretch to say we lead or at least right in the thick of it for the #7 kid as well. This coming off the hands down #1 class in 2020.

Ryan Sokol committed to Cornell today. Along with Josh Saunders, you figure they now have 141 & 149 covered. Might be a good sign for our chances with Voinovich.

The 2022 team (and forward) is going to be stacked.

Projecting into the future is difficult but I agree that 2022 is the beginning where we could be favorites to win 35 especially if we redshirt all of the best recruits and that would be Daton's senior year. The lineup could be 25 Mastro soph, 33 Fix sen., 41 Witcraft jun., 49 Balmeceda jun, 57 Young Mastro Fr, 65 Surber soph. 74 Wittlake sen, 84 Plott soph, 97 Ferrari soph, Hwt Hass Fr. Title threats could be Fix, Plott and Ferrari. Good chances to all American could be both Mastro's, Balmaceda, Wittlake and Haas. I don't feel as good about Witcraft and so his development this year will be important maybe Travis could be 41 or 49 or maybe Balmeceda is 41. Wittlake should be a National Champ but he needs to make a lot of progress. This could be a Championship team. Also Montalvo could be 84 but I think that Plott is better. We could be redshirting a number of these wrestlers who we have connections with Ferrari rated 7th in his class, Williams rated 8th, Rogers 11th rated, Wiley 18th rated, Blankenship rated 19. With some luck, weight class fittings, wrestler development we are looking very good. New facilities will help ( we may be recruiting off plans now) and improvements in our training center. I will say I have seen fantastic recruiting before and so it must be backed by luck, wrestler progress and weight classes fitting well.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Projecting into the future is difficult but I agree that 2022 is the beginning where we could be favorites to win 35 especially if we redshirt all of the best recruits and that would be Daton's senior year. The lineup could be 25 Mastro soph, 33 Fix sen., 41 Witcraft jun., 49 Balmeceda jun, 57 Young Mastro Fr, 65 Surber soph. 74 Wittlake sen, 84 Plott soph, 97 Ferrari soph, Hwt Hass Fr. Title threats could be Fix, Plott and Ferrari. Good chances to all American could be both Mastro's, Balmaceda, Wittlake and Haas. I don't feel as good about Witcraft and so his development this year will be important maybe Travis could be 41 or 49 or maybe Balmeceda is 41. Wittlake should be a National Champ but he needs to make a lot of progress. This could be a Championship team. Also Montalvo could be 84 but I think that Plott is better. We could be redshirting a number of these wrestlers who we have connections with Ferrari rated 7th in his class, Williams rated 8th, Rogers 11th rated, Wiley 18th rated, Blankenship rated 19. With some luck, weight class fittings, wrestler development we are looking very good. New facilities will help ( we may be recruiting off plans now) and improvements in our training center. I will say I have seen fantastic recruiting before and so it must be backed by luck, wrestler progress and weight classes fitting well.
If Witcraft doesn’t develop, maybe Burks could go 141?

2022 will be Daton's Jr. year
2020 oly RS
2021 Soph

2022 will be Daton's Jr. year
2020 oly RS
2021 Soph
Makes 2023 look a lot better and not just with Daton having an extra year but everyone I mentioned I think will have an extra year if redshirted. Plus Gfeller is likely at 49 in 2022. It is difficult for me to figure out years with this year 19/20, next year 20/21 etc. As I said projecting into the future is difficult for me.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT