ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

All I found was a court dismissal dated 09/24/2020 for an offense that occurred on 03/23/2020. Looks like a resolution of the prior issue on the first thing that popped up.

I didn’t find the second incident. After the first incident I would assume that he had a pretty short leash.

The case you appear to be looking at was a felony charge for stealing $9.48 of food from OSU dining. It was dismissed but refiled as a misdemeanor.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I recall that incident now. A poor decision taking food and a poor decision prosecuting over $10.00.

It was an article in October 2020 that he was departing the program. Not familiar with the source so I will go with vhsalum.

He's in Stillwater still. No new incident was a situation where he had to do weekends as part of his sentence. He is doing what has been asked of him so far. Looks like he could be back on the team in the future.

Reactions: vhsalum
He's in Stillwater still. No new incident was a situation where he had to do weekends as part of his sentence. He is doing what has been asked of him so far. Looks like he could be back on the team in the future.

Good to hear. He should be fighting for the spot at 149, no?

Reactions: tom_v31
Joey Cruz come on down!!!

I’m not saying we’re about to take over, but with Ronfon, Picklo, and now Cruz, OU’s recruiting has definitely picked up.

Now we need to start translating that recruiting success on the mat.
coaching development has been an issue-not that they will need too much in SoCon!

Reactions: OHkie
Joey Cruz come on down!!!

I’m not saying we’re about to take over, but with Ronfon, Picklo, and now Cruz, OU’s recruiting has definitely picked up.

Now we need to start translating that recruiting success on the mat.
I agree with you there. I have to tip my hat to your recruiters. They’ve done one HECK of a sales job. Could sale ice to an Eskimo.

Ou is toxic in the room. That’s why they don’t develop
Not saying you’re wrong.

But you’re supplying no evidence, nor a source. Just curious what they’re doing that makes you think they’re toxic? Gut feel? Is it the coaches, or the wrestlers?

Gracias.

I hope these guys work out for OU and all become multiple time NCAA runner-ups behind our guys. We need OU to be good for us to win championships. These guys have a great deal of upside and I believe OU will be competitive again. Something tells me they will stay in the Big 12 for wrestling as long as we have a Big 12.

I hope these guys work out for OU and all become multiple time NCAA runner-ups behind our guys. We need OU to be good for us to win championships. These guys have a great deal of upside and I believe OU will be competitive again. Something tells me they will stay in the Big 12 for wrestling as long as we have a Big 12.

Their current coaching issues and conference uncertainty makes it really hard to point towards “upside” and being “competitive” again. Hope things change as you are right we need OU to be good again. ISU as well.

Their current coaching issues and conference uncertainty makes it really hard to point towards “upside” and being “competitive” again. Hope things change as you are right we need OU to be good again. ISU as well.
Last I heard ou was giving up on the wrestling program after 2023.

He beat Picklo at state and has wrelsted some top tier guys really well all without wrestling being his main focus.
Did he pin Picklo or just put him on his back and Picklo MFF’d with a knee issue…..to avoid getting stuck?

Reactions: osu2082
Did he pin Picklo or just put him on his back and Picklo MFF’d with a knee issue…..to avoid getting stuck?

He was up on him and Picklo got thrown to his back and MFF’d with a knee injury that he had been dealing with all tournament.

Looks good in orange.

About 2 and 1/2 years ago Zach beat Rocco Welsh at 115 in the Tulsa finals 5 to 2. Welsh is rated 4th at 170 with Flo. A couple of years ago he would hurt kids when he put his legs in he was so dominant on top. I think top wrestlers just wrestle and so kids passed him but hopefully now he will jump levels since he has not focused just on wrestling.

Last edited:
About 2 and 1/2 years ago Zach beat Rocco Welsh at 115 in the Tulsa finals 5 to 2. Welsh is rated 4ht at 170 with Flo. A couple of years ago he would hurt kids when he put his legs in he was so dominant on top. I think top wrestlers just wrestle and so kids passed him but hopefully now he will jump levels since he has not focused just on wrestling.
He isn’t very big I wouldn’t be surprised if he could wrestle 125. I believe he wrestles what he weighs due to playing football into November. His resume throughout his career is second to none.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT