ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

Also something I thought was interesting was the only schools on Joey Cruz list were Oklahoma state and Little Rock

Reactions: DPJ
Willie mentioned on Twitter today that Bouzakis and Mendez could be a package deal with Bouzakis at 133 and Mendez at 141 to start.
I’m not sure if them wanting to be a package deal helps us but we could definitely fit them both into the lineup but I’m not sure about scholarship money.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Willie mentioned on Twitter today that Bouzakis and Mendez could be a package deal with Bouzakis at 133 and Mendez at 141 to start.
I’m not sure if them wanting to be a package deal helps us but we could definitely fit them both into the lineup but I’m not sure about scholarship money.
Promise them an RTC position after school.

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
Willie came out with a new thing on his matscouts Rokfin and its class of 2022 school lists. We made the list for a lot of top ranked guys.
2. Nic Bouzakis-141
13. Joey Cruz-125
14. Jordan Willams-141/149
17. James Rowley-184
19. Cory Land-125/133
34. Aiden Riggens-165
35. Jore Volk-125/133
59. Zach Blankenship-141
114. Nash Singleton- 141
Let’s snag those top 3.

Matscouts came out with the 2023 Big Board I’ll list the Oklahoma high school prospects and today is the first day coaches can contact 2023 guys.
Cael Hughes-23-projects at 141/149
Jersey Robb- 29-projects at HWT
Aj Heeg- 31- projects at 197/HWT
KJ Evans- 100- projects at 174
Sam Smith-143- projects at 141

Matscouts came out with the 2023 Big Board I’ll list the Oklahoma high school prospects and today is the first day coaches can contact 2023 guys.
Cael Hughes-23-projects at 141/149
Jersey Robb- 29-projects at HWT
Aj Heeg- 31- projects at 197/HWT
KJ Evans- 100- projects at 174
Sam Smith-143- projects at 141
Have to think there are a couple of more Smith family national titles out there.

I think Cael Hughes is a must get especially if we miss on some 2022 guys. I think Hughes could start at 133 but he might get big which would be good because we’re in need of 141 and I’m not sure how long daton sticks around at 133. I’m crossing my fingers that we get 3 more years with Fix however it may be.

I'm sure it's just me but I have such a hard time following HS wrestling. I refuse to give money to Flo so it's always just a bunch of names on here and anything Seth reports on Twitter. I'd love to know who I need to put unrealistic expectations on each year :)

Little late with this but Matscouts came out with there 2024 rankings and there are a lot of Oklahoma studs.
#17- Angelo Ferrari- Stillwater
#19- Kael Voinovich-Stillwater
#20-Clayton Giddens-Bixby
#25-Jace Roller-Bixby
#28-JJ McComas-Stillwater
#50-Layton Schneider-Edmond North
#77- Rickey Thomas-Edmond North
#79-Talon McCollom-Edmond North
#86-Hunter Hollingsworth - Choctaw
That’s a lot for a top 100 big board

Matscouts also came out with the incoming high school freshman class of 2025 big board and Oklahoma has some studs there as well
#8-Ladarion Lockett- Stillwater
#23-Kody Routlege-Edmond North
#35-Ethan Teague - Tuttle
#43-Beau Hickman- Tuttle

Matscouts also came out with the incoming high school freshman class of 2025 big board and Oklahoma has some studs there as well
#8-Ladarion Lockett- Stillwater
#23-Kody Routlege-Edmond North
#35-Ethan Teague - Tuttle
#43-Beau Hickman- Tuttle

Landyn Sommer will probably be rated in the 2025 class at some point too. He just took 1st at Southern Regionals. And I think he won JR high all state a few months ago with a win over Ethan Teague.

Stillwater is loaded again. Will be interesting to see how they do at the Walsh Ironman this year. Their lineup could look something like this...

120 - Sam Smith (Jr)
126 - Cael Hughes (Jr)
132 - JJ McComas (So)
138 - Ladarion Lockett (Fr)
145 - Landyn Sommer (Fr)
152 - Kael Voinovich (So)
160 - Angelo Ferrari (So)
170 - Anthony Ferrari (Sr)

Landyn Sommer will probably be rated in the 2025 class at some point too. He just took 1st at Southern Regionals. And I think he won JR high all state a few months ago with a win over Ethan Teague.

Stillwater is loaded again. Will be interesting to see how they do at the Walsh Ironman this year. Their lineup could look something like this...

120 - Sam Smith (Jr)
126 - Cael Hughes (Jr)
132 - JJ McComas (So)
138 - Ladarion Lockett (Fr)
145 - Landyn Sommer (Fr)
152 - Kael Voinovich (So)
160 - Angelo Ferrari (So)
170 - Anthony Ferrari (Sr)
I would love that lineup a lot of fire power and depth Stillwater high school is going to be great for a while. Great for OSU as well

Reactions: Wrassler17
I have secretly been working on getting Zach Blankenship out of Bixby to OU for years now. But I told Povi the other day Phase II is now under way. No more secrecy! It’s all out war to get him there! 😀

:cool:I have secretly been working on getting Zach Blankenship out of Bixby to OU for years now. But I told Povi the other day Phase II is now under way. No more secrecy! It’s all out war to get him there! 😀
Povi in Samoan means Beef or cattle. Never knew you were on a first name basis with any local bovines.

What is the story on this Kyle Haas guy? I have not seen his name much and then I see that he has committed to become a cowboy.

Tyler Cadwells younger brother. At one time was a dominant top tier national level recruit. Had some personal stuff that delayed his arrival and appears to have affected his wrestling (hopefully for a short period of time).

Pedigree and potential are there.

Tyler Cadwells younger brother. At one time was a dominant top tier national level recruit. Had some personal stuff that delayed his arrival and appears to have affected his wrestling (hopefully for a short period of time).

Pedigree is there no doubt, time will tell on potential. I am more concerned about Shawn Streck who is still around and if he could suddenly become eligible our heavy weight position would be greatly improved. He made one bad mistake when he was eighteen and still paying for it 2-3 years later. He is deserving of a second chance from what I have learned.

His delay got him in state tuition rates probably. This is great for us as is younger Voinovich and Ferrari's becoming Oklahomans. Heck, maybe older Voinovich moved in time to become an Oklahoman too.

Reactions: tfpoke and osu2082
Pedigree is there no doubt, time will tell on potential. I am more concerned about Shawn Streck who is still around and if he could suddenly become eligible our heavy weight position would be greatly improved. He made one bad mistake when he was eighteen and still paying for it 2-3 years later. He is deserving of a second chance from what I have learned.
We all make mistakes. If he deserves a second chance, I am guessing he will get one. Let's hope so anyway. It is always great to hear about someone who learns from a mistake and becomes a better person because of it.

Caldwell is on the coaching staff. Doesn’t that make him eligible for a scholly?

I am just excited to possibly see Tyler Caldwell's mom in the stands again.

Reactions: osu2082 and DPJ
I've mentioned him on here before, but just as a reminder, when building your 2025 wish list, be sure to keep Leo DeLuca (NY/NJ) towards the top...

Last week, he won the 16U FS portion of Fargo at 113 pounds by out-scoring his opponents by a margin of 62-2...

And, he loves John Smith....He attended several of the Journeymen Wrestling Club camps that Smith did with other OSU coaches (I know Perry was a lead counselor in the past) and has actually gone fishing with John on an occasion or two..

Hence, there is quasi relationship that already exists!!

Trey Munoz is in the portal. I think the kid has some potential. Not sure if there is any mutual interest. Oregon State seems like it would be a natural landing space.

Voinovich lost in the R16 to ARM at Junior Worlds. Had the lead, but gave up a last second takedown. Thought he wrestled well.

Voinovich lost in the R16 to ARM at Junior Worlds. Had the lead, but gave up a last second takedown. Thought he wrestled well.
He did not take coaching very well. At the end of the match a coach was yelling for him to clear out of the tie up but he didn't and got taken down last second by a throw attempt to a single leg. Also he was really pushed to stay offensive but the end he was totally defensive. However he shows good potential and was as good as his opponent. But winning is a lot nicer than losing.

He did not take coaching very well. At the end of the match a coach was yelling for him to clear out of the tie up but he didn't and got taken down last second by a throw attempt to a single leg. Also he was really pushed to stay offensive but the end he was totally defensive. However he shows good potential and was as good as his opponent. But winning is a lot nicer than losing.
Think that was Chris Perry cornering him.

Mizzou has 3 guys on the World team, 2 in the finals. They are going to be tough the next few years.

Braxton Amos is in the finals also, he's been stomping guys the past year. Ferrari/Amos is going to be interesting.

He went to the team finals on greco. Amos is going to be tough and will give Ferrari a hard time. He is a total stud like AJ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT