ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

Just saw Flo is streaming tonight's Stillwater/Broken Arrow dual. A chance to see some future Pokes.
Thanks for this information. I watched some of the dual with Sam Smith beating the 13th rated 106 in the country. At 120 Cael Hughes beat little Witcraft soundly. Travis won at 145 by 1 point over a 2 time runnerup at state Hill. He was not impressive especially in the 3rd period. Angelo won easily at 152 and Anthony won easily at 160. Carter Young won easily at 138.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Thanks for this information. I watched some of the dual with Sam Smith beating the 13th rated 106 in the country. At 120 Cael Hughes beat little Witcraft soundly. Travis won at 145 by 1 point over a 2 time runnerup at state Hill. He was not impressive especially in the 3rd period. Angelo won easily at 152 and Anthony won easily at 160. Carter Young won easily at 138.

I thought the freshman McComas @ 126 looked impressive too. They said he just won the WOW Open.

He was constantly looking for an opportunity to pin and make a big move. He will end up on his back a few times this year, but McComas is a stud.

I looked on Trackwrestling and Stillwater is loaded in the lower & middle weights. They also have another freshman 126 named Landyn Sommer who won a junior high title in February. Looks like he may have wrestled on the undercard before the BA dual. Ethan Kyle said the other day he thinks they have 7-8 guys who will wrestle D1.

Reactions: osu2082
I looked on Trackwrestling and Stillwater is loaded in the lower & middle weights. They also have another freshman 126 named Landyn Sommer who won a junior high title in February. Looks like he may have wrestled on the undercard before the BA dual. Ethan Kyle said the other day he thinks they have 7-8 guys who will wrestle D1.
Jasper Lockett’s son may also be a freshman and should be in the mix too. He won a couple of Jr High state titles and recently won the Bedlam Battle at 126.

Jasper Lockett’s son may also be a freshman and should be in the mix too. He won a couple of Jr High state titles and recently won the Bedlam Battle at 126.

Yep, you're right, LaDarion Lockett is also on the roster. He wrestled on the BA undercard as well (wearing OSU headgear btw).

Here's tonight's dual vs Sand Springs. Lockett @ 126 & Sommer @ 132 wrestle on the left mat starting around the 1:18:00 mark. Varsity matches are on the right mat. The Ferrari brothers didn't wrestle tonight. Teague Travis wrestled @ 145 instead of 152.

Reactions: proud2bpokes
Smith looked good in the first match (@ 1:03); quick takedown, cheap tilt for backs, nice lag ride for more backs, controlled the elbow for high turn with more backs and then (with the Tech in his pocket) a Spladle and the pin

Not sure how much JJ is going to grow, but he has very strong hands and looks to the cradle like Ed Ruth did. Not sure he will have the brute strength that Ruth had, but he looks like a winner to me. Recruits in upper weights generally pan out as there is just not as much depth in those weights.

Helluva event today. Hopefully the livestream is decent. 1, 2, and 3 OK 6A squads and 1 and 2 5A.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER

Helluva event today. Hopefully the livestream is decent. 1, 2, and 3 OK 6A squads and 1 and 2 5A.
No Ferraris, unfortunately.

I watched some matches today. I watched Sam Smith in the 3rd round and he got beat. He scrambled poorly and lost 2 takedowns where he shot and had the leg. He was not physically as strong as his freshman opponent. Hughes at 120 was very solid in 2 matches I watched him and won each match easily. The 126 freshman lost a match I watched. Jordan Williams wrestled in the 3rd round at 145 and really wrestled poorly and won 4 to 3. Oklahoma recruit I watched in the 3rd round won by 1st period pin Picklo. John Wiley has also been impressive. Sam smith would have to grow and develop tremendously to be a Cowboy type wrestler. Williams just seemed apathetic and saw him yawning a lot before his match. Also Young has looked good. I sure would have liked to see the Ferrari's wrestling but as stated they aren't.

I watched some matches today. I watched Sam Smith in the 3rd round and he got beat. He scrambled poorly and lost 2 takedowns where he shot and had the leg. He was not physically as strong as his freshman opponent. Hughes at 120 was very solid in 2 matches I watched him and won each match easily. The 126 freshman lost a match I watched. Jordan Williams wrestled in the 3rd round at 145 and really wrestled poorly and won 4 to 3. Oklahoma recruit I watched in the 3rd round won by 1st period pin Picklo. John Wiley has also been impressive. Sam smith would have to grow and develop tremendously to be a Cowboy type wrestler. Williams just seemed apathetic and saw him yawning a lot before his match. Also Young has looked good. I sure would have liked to see the Ferrari's wrestling but as stated they aren't.
Next round is a semifinal for 1st through 4th and a semifinal for 5th through 8th. At 145 if they win next round it would be Travis against Williams. Also Sam Smith has the Broken Arrow kid he beat earlier in the week and if he wins that he could get a rematch from the kid who beat him 5 to 4.

Next round is a semifinal for 1st through 4th and a semifinal for 5th through 8th. At 145 if they win next round it would be Travis against Williams. Also Sam Smith has the Broken Arrow kid he beat earlier in the week and if he wins that he could get a rematch from the kid who beat him 5 to 4.

That freshman from C'ville is a two time Reno World Champ and won the 80# USJOC in January. He could be special.

And I don't know shit, but I think it's more likely Sam ends up being a competitive wrestler for OSU than he doesn't. Kid he beat from BA is an OU commit.

That freshman from C'ville is a two time Reno World Champ and won the 80# USJOC in January. He could be special.

And I don't know shit, but I think it's more likely Sam ends up being a competitive wrestler for OSU than he doesn't. Kid he beat from BA is an OU commit.
You sure could be right and I did not know the credentials of his Collinville opponent although I am certain I am right that he is going to have to grow alot to wrestle for the Cowboys since he is a 106 as a sophomore. My point was if he was going to have a chance to start. He did lose to the Broken Arrow wrestler in the semi's. Hughes won by major. Travis won and so did Jordan Williams. Williams had some nice takedowns in his match.

Reactions: FHOSU
You sure could be right and I did not know the credentials of his Collinville opponent although I am certain I am right that he is going to have to grow alot to wrestle for the Cowboys since he is a 106 as a sophomore. My point was if he was going to have a chance to start. He did lose to the Broken Arrow wrestler in the semi's. Hughes won by major. Travis won and so did Jordan Williams. Williams had some nice takedowns in his match.
Jordan Williams had several slick takedowns and soundly beat Teague Travis. Carter won at 38 and Hughes won in overtime at 120 against Witcraft. Hughes is in better shape than Witcraft and that seemed to be the difference. Sam Smith took 3rd with a decision.

Jordan Williams had several slick takedowns and soundly beat Teague Travis. Carter won at 38 and Hughes won in overtime at 120 against Witcraft. Hughes is in better shape than Witcraft and that seemed to be the difference. Sam Smith took 3rd with a decision.
Wiley won by pin in the finals over Broken Arrow guy. Ferrari against Wiley at 160 would have been the match of the night. However I don't know if Ferrari even weighs 160 and looks like he doesn't cut much weight at 152

Wiley won by pin in the finals over Broken Arrow guy. Ferrari against Wiley at 160 would have been the match of the night. However I don't know if Ferrari even weighs 160 and looks like he doesn't cut much weight at 152

Fun event. Spent a lot more time watching high school wrestling today than I thought I would.

Picklo won at 195 by dominance. OU really has a good one but we have Ferrari at 97. If Oklahoma gets Wiley next year they are improving which the Big 12 needs. Iowa State, UNI and South Dakota State seem to be really improving also. Northern Colorado, Wyoming and NDSU are solid also.

Reactions: FHOSU
Picklo won at 195 by dominance. OU really has a good one but we have Ferrari at 97. If Oklahoma gets Wiley next year they are improving which the Big 12 needs. Iowa State, UNI and South Dakota State seem to be really improving also. Northern Colorado, Wyoming and NDSU are solid also.

OU’s issues haven’t been recruiting under Rosseli. It’s what he does (or doesn’t) do with them once they get there. This is a big year for him. I don’t know that he lasts much longer without taking a big step forward and soon.

Harley, the kid he beat 4-3 is a 3 time qualifier and two time placer. I didn't watch, but that might be some of it

Harley, the kid he beat 4-3 is a 3 time qualifier and two time placer. I didn't watch, but that might be some of it
Yes he had a good opponent but Jordan for high school is a great wrestler. He just seemed to not have much energy in this match. He still won the match and wrestled much better against Teague Travis in the finals.

McComas - not that it matters, and don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure I overheard him talking at World of Wrestling Kickoff after Winning and he was saying that he had only been wrestling for 3 or 4 years. If true, one would think ceiling would be pretty high.
Agree very impressed by him as a freshman kid is tough on top.He will be ranked high by the time hes done with high school

McComas - not that it matters, and don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure I overheard him talking at World of Wrestling Kickoff after Winning and he was saying that he had only been wrestling for 3 or 4 years. If true, one would think ceiling would be pretty high.
Agree 100%

thanks for reading my rankings.

can you guys clarify something for me?

i have Lockett ranked on the Junior High Big Board but i'm not 100% if he's in 8th or 9th this year.

thanks.

Thought I saw a Dee Lockett on Stillwater's roster a couple of week back. He was showing as ineligible (not certified), but he was listed. Now he's no longer on it. Or maybe he never was and I just imagined it.

Jordan Williams beat Carter Young today 5-3. Williams got the only 2 takedowns. Teague Travis beat Bryce Dauphin. Angelo Ferrari lost to Bam West 3-2, but was the aggressor throughout. Those 3 matches are on Stillwater's Facebook page.

thanks for reading my rankings.

can you guys clarify something for me?

i have Lockett ranked on the Junior High Big Board but i'm not 100% if he's in 8th or 9th this year.

thanks.
Why did Cael Hughes drop out of the rankings?

What's Oklahoma state going to do when all the Ferraris are the same size? That's one thing I do love about that family is that they lift hard and aren't afraid to gain weight.

Why did Cael Hughes drop out of the rankings?
Flo has him rated 18 at 120. Also the Jordan vs. David Taylor match was rescheduled to January 13. Part of the undercard for this match is Cody Chittum vs. Jordan Williams at 145. Chittum is rated 1st and Jordan is rated 2nd at 145. Jordan Williams is a verbal commitment to the Cowboys for 2022.

Reactions: skylinepoke and DPJ
Flo has him rated 18 at 120. Also the Jordan vs. David Taylor match was rescheduled to January 13. Part of the undercard for this match is Cody Chittum vs. Jordan Williams at 145. Chittum is rated 1st and Jordan is rated 2nd at 145. Jordan Williams is a verbal commitment to the Cowboys for 2022.

That should be a good one. I wonder if there will be a horsepower difference though. Chittum bumped up from 145 to 160 a couple of months ago and beat Cael Valencia, while Williams has been weighing in at 138 this season (beat Carter Young a couple of weeks ago).

Does anyone know if we are still the favorites for Zach Blankenship? I know someone mentioned one of his parents works at OSU. Would like to see him verbal soon. Williams, Ferrari & Blankenship would be a great 2022 class.

That should be a good one. I wonder if there will be a horsepower difference though. Chittum bumped up from 145 to 160 a couple of months ago and beat Cael Valencia, while Williams has been weighing in at 138 this season (beat Carter Young a couple of weeks ago).

Does anyone know if we are still the favorites for Zach Blankenship? I know someone mentioned one of his parents works at OSU. Would like to see him verbal soon. Williams, Ferrari & Blankenship would be a great 2022 class.

Love to see Williams take that match. Taking on a bigger hug but willing to challenge himself.

Blankenship is a BIG OSU and OSU wrestling fan. His dad works for OSU Medical as well as holding his medical degree from OSU. Would be extremely surprised if we didn’t see a commitment from him soon.

Love to see Williams take that match. Taking on a bigger hug but willing to challenge himself.

Blankenship is a BIG OSU and OSU wrestling fan. His dad works for OSU Medical as well as holding his medical degree from OSU. Would be extremely surprised if we didn’t see a commitment from him soon.
The match between Williams and Chittum was a mismatch with Chittum demolishing Williams with a fall in the first period. It was a freestyle match and Jordan had no answers for Chittum's power and aggression. Jordan quit when Cody got to a 11 to 0 lead but since he was on his back they called the fall.

The match between Williams and Chittum was a mismatch with Chittum demolishing Williams with a fall in the first period. It was a freestyle match and Jordan had no answers for Chittum's power and aggression. Jordan quit when Cody got to a 11 to 0 lead but since he was on his back they called the fall.

Flo called it a TF but either way it was to much power for Williams moving up and trying to compete. Credit to him for taking the match but the horsepower difference was large. Chittum is VERY good.

I know Flo scrambled to put that card together, but all the bouts seemed like weight mismatches - JB/Taylor, Cox/Jackson, McKenna/Gross. I think a Voinovich/Chittum match might have made more sense.

I know Flo scrambled to put that card together, but all the bouts seemed like weight mismatches - JB/Taylor, Cox/Jackson, McKenna/Gross. I think a Voinovich/Chittum match might have made more sense.
I agree with you completely. They did a great job getting things together, but the matches were all mismatch weights. Maybe, because of COVID, finding wrestlers from same weight was difficult. I mean, Jackson vs Cox? I think Jackson is great, but at any weight, he is outclassed by Cox.

Anthony Ferrari beat Wiley 3-1 in SV. Angelo Ferrari won his rematch with Bam West 3-2. Teague Travis beat Cade Manion 9-5.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT