ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

I would doubt it is a problem since it is his Brother. When my daughter was being recruited she just returned the letter via Fed-x and it was not a big deal. Texas did the announcement a week later.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Should we be concerned Haas didn't sign?

Yes and no. There was some talk that we might try and space out some of these upper weight guys and someone taking a grey shirt (that PSU uses extensively) has been discussed. Haas would fit that role for a few reasons.

Now the other side to this is Haas is going to have a child (or maybe very recently did). That is a significant life change and this could of been driven by him to step away from wrestling for a bit. This scenario would be a little concerning.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Quentin Saunders out of KS to Northern Colorado. Not really a need weight (184/197), but he's very good and I was hoping we signed him.

Really hope we get Jordan Williams. If we can add him to Anthony Ferrari, I think we'll be able to keep pace with PSU.

Quentin Saunders out of KS to Northern Colorado. Not really a need weight (184/197), but he's very good and I was hoping we signed him.

Really hope we get Jordan Williams. If we can add him to Anthony Ferrari, I think we'll be able to keep pace with PSU.
I know Coleman and UNC are going after Williams hard.Have to think he ends up at Okie St or UNC

I see AJ Nevills transferred to SD State. I wonder if we tried to get him to come here or not? He would've been a decent heavy for a couple years.

Not a huge surprise but Anthony Ferrari makes it official and commits to the good guys.

Great week for us!

Would love to know everyone’s projected weight

I think Williams projects at 141 or more likely 149.

Ferrari looks to be a 157 or 165 early but based off some of his family genetics could grow beyond that.

Would love to know everyone’s projected weight
These last 3 recruiting classes (20. 21 and 22) with 2 of these classes not in school yet is the best I have seen going back to LeRoy Smith's and I believe Eric Wais class which was a long time ago. Here are those 3 classes but just the star recruits 25/33= Trevor Mastro, and Jakason Burk. 41/49= Travis Mastro and Jordan Williams. 57/65 Victor Voinovich and Anthony Ferrari. 74/84 Dustin Plott and Luke Surber. 97/ HWT= AJ Ferrari and Konnor Doucette. That could cover every weight class although Surber and Doucette are good recruits probably not star recruits. Making the situation even better we have several very good wrestlers that are sophomores who can wrestle this year and be sophomores next year. This group would be led by 133 Daton Fix, 125/33 Reece Witcraft, 165 Travis Wittlake and 184 Anthony Montalvo. Quite the group of young wrestlers we could have for the next 4 to 7 years. With Haas we need him at HWT if AJ stays at 97 but if AJ goes to HWT 197 would be his place. You would think National Championships should be in our near future but these wrestlers need to be developed. I believe our coaches match Penn. St. and Iowa but especially Penn. St RTC could cost us in regards to developing wrestlers. Also Penn. St has upped their recruiting also. The next years should be really competitive and exciting.

Last edited:
So is Haas coming in next year? Or is he grey shirting? I didn't see the article.

I was thinking if he took a grey shirt, we could use that $ to bring back Boo or Kaid (if they want).

So is Haas coming in next year? Or is he grey shirting? I didn't see the article.

I was thinking if he took a grey shirt, we could use that $ to bring back Boo or Kaid (if they want).
The article indicates he is coming to Oklahoma State but does not indicate when.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Kaid is not on the books because his dad works there, I think that expires at 25 years old...he might be getting close to that.

I don't think Talmage Carman signed his LOI yet either. He's the UT commit mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Watched some videos of him, he has a nice low single for an upper weight. Tyler Caldwell is finding some sleepers in addition to landing the big names.

If Haas grey shirts and ends up being a 197, how about this for 197/285 going forward...

AJ (Fr) / Doucet (Fr), Haas HS senior
AJ (So) / Doucet (So), Haas greyshirt
AJ (Jr) / Doucet (Jr), Haas redshirt
Haas (RsFr) / Doucet (Sr), AJ Olympic RS (97 kg)
Haas (RsSo) / AJ (Sr) - moves up to heavy
Haas (RsJr) / AJ (extra year)

Yes it does. If they work for the school, the cost to attend classes is free...or close to it.
Many universities have a program for children of faculty & staff for half to 100% off tuition only. Most of those require having been employed at the university a number of years before eligible for the benefit. Universities are also generally equal opportunity employers. Thus they can't just go hire unqualified parents of recruits to save on scholarships nor should any want that as it would be going on at every major wrestling program.

Many universities have a program for children of faculty & staff for half to 100% off tuition only. Most of those require having been employed at the university a number of years before eligible for the benefit. Universities are also generally equal opportunity employers. Thus they can't just go hire unqualified parents of recruits to save on scholarships nor should any want that as it would be going on at every major wrestling program.

Like an RTC?

Jokes aside, I agree. However, if a qualified person can get a job and there is a prerequisite time period, lets get that done. With budget shortfalls due to COVID, I am not sure what would be available anyway?

Reactions: tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT