ADVERTISEMENT

New NCAA Rules, Roster/Schalarships

I don’t like us having to cut walk ons. Terrible for the kids and the sport.

I also don’t think you’ll see very many schools be able to up their scholarship numbers

I hope the news that “schools who opt out of revenue sharing can’t compete for championships “ is wrong. Thatll be insanely detrimental to the smaller schools that are D1 in Olympic sports.

I actually do hope that we see this lead to many of the small schools (that don’t make a ton of revenue from football) to drop football and put their resources into the more traditional Olympic sports.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
This is about Title IX. The idea of 20 extra scholarships per school is a mirage. Ain’t happening.

Olympic sports getting screwed again. A non revenue sport will not be getting any more scholarships.

A reduction of participants at the D1 level, with the ability of future reductions.

PSU wrestling is already starting fundraising for their own scholarship endowments. So should everyone.

Seems like it will work the same as now just the school can fund the extra costs instead of NIL….at least as far down the line as they choose to/can afford, with a hard cap on the number of athletes.

For every football ship you add to get to 105 you add a women’s ship as well. Same with baseball, wrestling, etc. Sports like women’s soccer will now be giving out full rides for every athlete. Will be interesting to see how many schools will cut male non revenue sports to avoid large increases in ships on the women’s side.

• Sad
Reactions: dvpoke25
For every football ship you add to get to 105 you add a women’s ship as well. Same with baseball, wrestling, etc. Sports like women’s soccer will now be giving out full rides for every athlete. Will be interesting to see how many schools will cut male non revenue sports to avoid large increases in ships on the women’s side.
Like @AtownPoke said, we really need football to leave the NCAA and I feel it’s already started and in progress.

@BluegrassPoke might have some insight on this?

But yeah, hopefully the NCAA will provide some leadership to help schools navigate these new issues. Instead, they’ll most likely continue to act as police force for rules that aren’t easily understood or interpreted the same way they interpret them.

Honestly, it really seems smart to add Woman’s Wrestling?

Reactions: Fatty J
“Stunt” gets 65 full scholis! What the heck is stunt?
cheerleading. I kid you not.

I have no words

This whole thing is just the tail wagging the dog. Big time football is the only thing making money yet rules are being made that are far reaching and unrelated / ill-fit for 98% of the rest of collegiate athletics. It makes zero sense and is incredibly destructive.

STUNT - One of the fastest growing female sports in the country

So cheerleading gets more than double the scholarships as the world's oldest sport.

cheerleading. I kid you not.

I have no words
The availability… on the whole they might get to keep the 14 they had

The availability… on the whole they might get to keep the 14 they had
but it isn't about scholarships. Wrestling gave up 7 roster spots to cheerleading. Think about that for a minute. As I said previously, this is all about Title IX. No more or less. The scholarship aspect is minor in comparison, but may produce separation between the haves and have nots longer term if a few teams can endow their own scholarships beyond that the school is willing to provide directly.

Reactions: tom_v31
but it isn't about scholarships. Wrestling gave up 7 roster spots to cheerleading. Think about that for a minute. As I said previously, this is all about Title IX. No more or less. The scholarship aspect is minor in comparison, but may produce separation between the haves and have nots longer term if a few teams can endow their own scholarships beyond that the school is willing to provide directly.
This is how the "Left" makes more roster spots on female sports teams for males that dress like females and want to compete on a female sports team against a real female. This way the "Right" cannot say that a female lost a roster spot to a male dressing like a female.

I don’t like us having to cut walk ons. Terrible for the kids and the sport.
This isn't talked about enough. Those wrestlers are essential for every room. It's a hard sport and those are often guys that add significant value outside the room for culture. Majority of wrestlers, even the best of the best don't want to just be a part of a wrestling factory.

This is how the "Left" makes more roster spots on female sports teams for males that dress like females and want to compete on a female sports team against a real female. This way the "Right" cannot say that a female lost a roster spot to a male dressing like a female.
Men that pretend to be females, so they can compete against females have no dignity whatsoever, How they allowed The UPENN Swimmer to compete and win NCAA over real females is insanity, besides The Man who as on the UPENN mens swimming team wanting to do it, The Coach had to allow it,, The NCAA officials had to allow it so LOTS of people had to be involved it is mind boggling to me this cheating (And theft from The REAL Women competing) is Mind Boggling to me.

Off subject, I know just there should be some Ethics, When Vince Lombardi said winning is the only thing, he did not mean stooping to that extreme level of cheating, Lombardi was not talking about cheating at all

This is definitely about the schools getting control of the funding of athletes through scholarship funds. Current NIL funds (super PACS) so to speak will now have money funneled to the school for scholarships. It’s a money grab for schools as always.

How will it affect elite wrestling schools.

Penn State, Iowa, OK State et al will gray shirt many more kids and use RTCs to go above the current 30 man roster cap. Rich will get richer imo.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT