ADVERTISEMENT

New Henry .410 shotgun

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
My old Mossberg .410 I have used for squirrels for the last 30 years started having some feeding issues last fall...plus, it was my first gun, my parents bought it for me in the late 80s. I was due for a change...

So I started looking at Henry, especially since I have several of their rifles now and they have been excellent in every way. Picked up a 20 inch barrel lever action .410, and I can’t put it down! It uses only 2.5 inch shells, but that hasn’t been a big deal really, I use 7.5, 8 and 9 shot mostly for the tree rats.

I did pick up some slug rounds since it’s a cylinder bore gun, the 24 inch version has choke tubes, but this one has the rifle sights. No feeding issues, it patterns perfectly at aim at 25 yards, and since they are built on the 45-70 rifle receiver, it’s a tank of a gun that will last forever.

I plan on shooting some rifled slugs through it this weekend to see how it does out to 50 yards or so. I also bought some “defense” rounds, with it being a shorter barrel I figured it wouldn’t be a bad little home defense weapon in a pinch.

Anyway, I would recommend it for squirrels, they love to get into my deer feed and chew on my feeders. Little bastards.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
That’s my shotgun!

Since I’ve had it, I’ve just about cleared one acre area of trees of squirrels lol.

damn thing is so much fun. I really need to get to where I can post pics again. In the last few months, I’ve come across some really interesting guns. And I’ve been digging around in the safe and have “rediscovered” some of my old favorites. I can’t remember just exactly what I’ve discussed on here, I know I did “review” a few purchases awhile back.

I just picked up a S&W 6906, as new in the box, for fairly cheap. You can look them up, but they were part of a group of S&W aluminum alloy/stainless steel semi autos made from 1988-1999 or so. AIM has some now for $360 or so, police trade ins. 12 round mags, DA/SA, decocker, reliable...but they were priced kinda high back then I think and S&W had trouble moving them due to that and the fact the plastic gun craze was starting to ramp up.

should be getting it in Monday or so. I just finished up some nice reloads for my Desert Eagle 50AE, so I’m gonna be out some with that and the .410 Henry if I get the home range all brush hogged down for fall. Been working more lately, and getting tractor time has been a bit difficult....

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT