ADVERTISEMENT

New AD - RTC

PoOsKuE

Redshirt
Dec 14, 2004
Anyone have any thoughts or insight on what a new AD does to our chances to get an RTC program on the level of PSU, OH. State, Iowa?

We need to find another Cecil Obrate.
Kind of strange to not have heard if Boone left any of his estate to OSU

JS will struggle to win another national championship if he doesn’t develop a high level RTC. The landscape of collegiate wrestling has changed. We would be advised to change accordingly.

The NCAA isn’t going to touch the likes of Penn St, Ohio St, Iowa over RTCs .

JS will struggle to win another national championship if he doesn’t develop a high level RTC. The landscape of collegiate wrestling has changed. We would be advised to change accordingly.

But the ncaa would like nothing better than to slap us with a 10 year post season ban.

Reactions: turfpoke
Dez Bryant lies about a meeting with Deion Sanders gets a 1 year suspension...even though everyone knew he was going pro.

Florida players steal computers,lie about it and get one game.....I couldn’t find the exact punishment but if I recall correctly it was one game.

The NCAA does not and has never treated everyone the same.

I do agree about getting an RTC, but we almost beat Penn State with a new team, injury plagued lineup. We haven’t even hit our stride yet.

But the ncaa would like nothing better than to slap us with a 10 year post season ban.
I don’t think the NCAA IS gunning for us. I think the problem originally was the cover up more than the infractions. The coach encouraged the wrestlers to lie. It is understandable to have PTSD from one of the worst ncaa injunctions ever, but I have a hard time believing that we would be the only team to be punished or to be punished at all.

Reactions: liljordan082006
I don’t think the NCAA IS gunning for us. I think the problem originally was the cover up more than the infractions. The coach encouraged the wrestlers to lie. It is understandable to have PTSD from one of the worst ncaa injunctions ever, but I have a hard time believing that we would be the only team to be punished or to be punished at all.
I somewhat made that statement in jest, But.....
Look at our basketball situation. The results of the FBI probe showed that what happened at OSU was chump change compared to the blue bloods in basketball, yet we have been the only school hit with severe sanctions. The timing of the sanctions announcement could also be discussed as a side note as to who controls the ncaa.
The ncaa makes their decisions based on who it is and how much money does the school bring into the ncaa, not fairness.

Reactions: turfpoke
I somewhat made that statement in jest, But.....
Look at our basketball situation. The results of the FBI probe showed that what happened at OSU was chump change compared to the blue bloods in basketball, yet we have been the only school hit with severe sanctions. The timing of the sanctions announcement could also be discussed as a side note as to who controls the ncaa.
The ncaa makes their decisions based on who it is and how much money does the school bring into the ncaa, not fairness.
I wonder if at that time, those in charge of the NCAA were gunning for big programs to make examples of. That’s about when UK had huge sanctions. But, he hey probably did deserve. They were paying players. Having people take classes for players. I remember Rex Chapman driving around in a limo, while playing at UK. Boosters were everywhere. OSU coaches paid for some snacks for their wrestlers. The coach at the time gave here’d all the wrestlers in and told the wrestlers what to say. What an idiot! Pat smith still won a championship that year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT