ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix- The Haunting of Hill House

Watched episode 1 last night, TBD.

tenor.gif

It's got good suspense. Wouldn't necessarily call it horror. Comparable in "feel" to the movie The Orphanage. I personally think it was great.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I know you are hanging on my review, so I'll tell you that after episode 3, I'm totally hooked. Theo and the touch thing is all kinds of bad ass.

But I'm ready to kill off the bitchy oldest sister.

I know you are hanging on my review, so I'll tell you that after episode 3, I'm totally hooked. Theo and the touch thing is all kinds of bad ass.

But I'm ready to kill off the bitchy oldest sister.

I was curious as to how you were liking it. I'm holding off on my overall review until after you have finished. I don't want to spoil anything. My favorite actor in the whole thing is kid Luke. That kid did a fantastic job.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBradSmith
The great thing is after 3 episodes, I'm hooked wondering a bunch of things:
1) what drove Luke to become a junkie
2) what Dad did that last night to make the kids dislike him; what Theo sensed when he grabbed her arm that last night
3) what happened to Mom; did Mom have the same hyper-feeling sense as Theo or did it skip her?
4) what's the monster in the basement--is it the only monster in the house?
5) what is going on with now-dead Nell--why did Theo sob when she found out?

And of course if there will be a season 2 or if this is a one shot deal.

Now don't spoil me bro.

Oops. In my previous post, I said kid Theo was my favorite. I meant Kid Luke.

As far as Season 2 goes, many of the actors have said they would be willing, but Netflix has not yet committed to a 2nd season. It may or may not happen.

Oops. In my previous post, I said kid Theo was my favorite. I meant Kid Luke.

As far as Season 2 goes, many of the actors have said they would be willing, but Netflix has not yet committed to a 2nd season. It may or may not happen.

How do you think this could continue as a series? Seems like a stand alone story. Though, I would be thrilled with it being a unique story once a year.

How do you think this could continue as a series? Seems like a stand alone story. Though, I would be thrilled with it being a unique story once a year.

If you look on line, you can find speculative articles that answer your question. One idea I saw is that season 2 takes place 10 or 20 years in the future. The house is purchased by a new family and one or 2 of the adult Crains are trying to keep them away from the house or warn them of the danger they are in, or trying to keep them from destroying the house.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Tons...

You still working your way through it?
Through episode 6, where they're all together for the wake. Tough to watch. Not sure what to make of all the stuff going on in the old Hill house. I can buy mental illness for Luke and Nellie's ghosts, but big dogs running through the house and the ghoul in the basement has me wondering.

Locked in, although tonight is Making a Murderer night.

I'm watching it right now and enjoy it. But, I think the dialogue is really bad and the acting pretty campy. But, it's intriguing and I'll wrap it up in the next couple of days.

We finished it yesterday. Overall a fun, spooky show. The last episode was kind of hokey IMO and a lot of holes in it logically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT