ADVERTISEMENT

ncaa - day 1

We were at 8 after the first round and have had 4 advance with no more bonus points that should be 12 points.

How did White get his 6th point? I know there was an escape and a stalling point, did they call ASU for another stall?

White 6-4 DEC TB1, that was a weird match. Stalling, Locked Hands, and Escape wins it for White.

Advanced 5 to tomorrow. Rogers, Moore, and Weigel still alive in consultations but expect Weigel to medical forfeit his next match.

Ah locked hands. That was a rough 30 seconds for that ASU wrestler.

Lost a team point when Boo tossed his headgear ..,.. after he won. Smh.

Tough day one but at least they are serving beer in the arena.

Moore is done with a Fall in the 1st period. First Cowboy to be bounced from the tournament.

Moore just isn’t very good at this point. I don’t see us being able to rely on him for next year

Hopefully Preston will heal up and come back like a mad man next year. Been a odd year for him

Looking at wrestlebacks tomorrow in hopes for someone getting hot for an AA,
Chandler's road is ultra tough with massa first and then probably Valencia just to get to Friday night. Smith's road looks much more manageable but who knows...

For those that follow this more closely, how are we sitting in the 2nd? Looks like Ohio State is pretty firmly in the driver’s seat. Do we have any chance of winning the team title? What do we need to have go right?

We didn't have a realistic chance to win the title at any point entering or during the year.

This year was always going to be a two horse race between OhSt and PSU. PSU will make it interesting with bonus points and getting 5-6 in the semis tomorrow but OhSt is in pretty decent shape.

Our goal was likely top 5 and with Prestons injury that may not be attainable. Still 7 guys alive and 5 in quarters so lots of good wrestling left for Cowboy fans.

ESPN coverage ROYALLY SUCKS of course.

if you are watching the tv coverage, i agree. i am following using WATCHESPN and trackwrestling on my pc. i have watched all of the cowboy matches on one browser & followed the other match scores on the dashboard from trackwrestling on another browser.

Reactions: Rdcldad and driad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT