ADVERTISEMENT

National duals

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
Crazy day of upsets.
Lehigh defeats Ohio state and Cornell defeats minny.
Gilman and Ness both lost.

Re: National duals - complete

That's a pretty big upset by Missery.

Not really. Going by the rankings the only upset was a slight one, Houdashelt over Sorensen.

I heard a few people who expected Houdasheldt to win as well. They are pretty even squads in s dual format, the thing that hurt was Brooks not going at 184. Meyer the back up 174 bumped up and nearly defeated Miklus who is ranked. I wonder if it would have worked out better bumping up Evans and having Meyer go at 174.

The Missouri 174 lbr is ranked 5 and Evans was ranked 3, so going by rankings, bumping Evans may have won at 184, but would likely lost at 174. Myers and Miklus were apparently on the same high school team with Mikulus younger, so that seemed to be their best chance. Missouri can give Iowa a run at NCAA if they wrestle to seeds (current rankings).

Meyer is the real deal, I'm not sure if there is much of a drop off from Evans. So far this year Meyer has defeated Butler, Crutchmer and Brunson who are all ranked top 11 by flo, plus has defeated 20th ranked Chad Welch. It might not have worked out, but they needed both and that seems like a good option. They might have thought about it and decided Meyer matched up better with Miklus due to familiarity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT