ADVERTISEMENT

My heart is broken

He’s just a cool kid. He would’ve been great to bring into the room for all kinds of reasons but i agree. I like to see guys make decisions like this.
PSU guy here >> Bearclaw will always be a favorite of ours. He’s an Utah kid (as is CS) and wrapping a career up at home is nice for him. Much more than a room guy. He’s got low AA talent, but, I’m not sure how he would have fit into your lineup. He’ll go something along the lines of 18-5 at Utah Valley and we’ll all see him at the NCAA’s.

PSU guy here >> Bearclaw will always be a favorite of ours. He’s an Utah kid (as is CS) and wrapping a career up at home is nice for him. Much more than a room guy. He’s got low AA talent, but, I’m not sure how he would have fit into your lineup. He’ll go something along the lines of 18-5 at Utah Valley and we’ll all see him at the NCAA’s.
I’ll lay a bet on him if you want!?

Due to the fact that you aren’t at my house kick yourself in your own nuts!
I am not heartbroken over this. We have a couple of 1 year 165's already and Lockett coming in after next year. Spending money unwisely is foolish. Save it for potential super stars portal guys or high school guys like Jax, Bo and Michael Mocco.

I am not heartbroken over this. We have a couple of 1 year 165's already and Lockett coming in after next year. Spending money unwisely is foolish. Save it for potential super stars portal guys or high school guys like Jax, Bo and Michael Mocco.
I know that it’s the level we’re trying to fight for at this point but it’s crazy how everything is lining up to be such a dog fight with PSU

Is it safe to say that we are done taking transfer portal guys for this year? Or do we have any targets left? Like a Chris Cannon for instance.
I’d love for us to try and flip another 197/HWT ‘25 kid. Routledge was an awesome move imo. Need to do it again.

I’m also interested in what DT and co intend to do with Kruz, Hickman, Teague and Purler. Are all of those kids still good to go?

And what about Jeter in ‘26. He projects to a fairly full weight for us but he’s a big recruit. I also wonder about the Verrett kid who just transferred in to Ed North from CO.

I don’t hate the ‘RS everyone you can’ idea either. Seems like it could be just what we need.
The board seems pretty split on the idea.

But to me, if we want to break the stranglehold 34 has on the program, it is what needs to be done or we could be waiting awhile for 35?

I also don't want to head into year 4-5 of DTs contract without a really strong showing. I hope it doesn't take him that long, but PSU is a freaking juggarnaut and will be hard to topple.

Podium is nice, but we wrestle for Championships. Redshirt those that can win in 2026 that want another year of college.
Added my axiom. Just think in all the talk about RS'ing, we're forgetting what the kids want. For many, RS may be fine. For some, they may not want another year of "school". But do think it's got to be a consideration.....

Added my axiom. Just think in all the talk about RS'ing, we're forgetting what the kids want. For many, RS may be fine. For some, they may not want another year of "school". But do think it's got to be a consideration...
You are 100% right and I think anyone who is for the redshirting is saying so assuming the kids are on board. Of course if they aren't its DOA.

Reactions: bwel9339
You are 100% right and I think anyone who is for the redshirting is saying so assuming the kids are on board. Of course if they aren't its DOA.
Nobody(ies) is bigger than the Program.

Fun times ahead, but it's alot more fun if we are in the thick of a title versus the thick of getting on some useless podium.

The phrase is "climbed Everest" not hiked pretty close to the top of Everest.

Championships used to truly be the standard by which this great program was measured. I don't believe that has been the case for quite some time. The words perhaps were still being spoken, but to truly compete for championships in the modern world of wrestling takes far more than words. The high level detailed intelligent planning, vision, program building, recruting, coaching and development, resouces acquisition, talent acquisition and year round sacrifices that must be made to build a program to challenge PSU can only be achieved by a handful of people. I believe Taylor is one of those handful of people and I believe he came here to win championships, not to finish 2nd or 3rd, which is in line with the historic goals of OSU wrestling. This goal has not been met since 2006. Bringing the first championship in 17 years back to the University would be a historic event and a program changing event. In comparison 2nd or 3rd would be just "nice".

Championships used to truly be the standard by which this great program was measured. I don't believe that has been the case for quite some time. The words perhaps were still being spoken, but to truly compete for championships in the modern world of wrestling takes far more than words. The high level detailed intelligent planning, vision, program building, recruting, coaching and development, resouces acquisition, talent acquisition and year round sacrifices that must be made to build a program to challenge PSU can only be achieved by a handful of people. I believe Taylor is one of those handful of people and I believe he came here to win championships, not to finish 2nd or 3rd, which is in line with the historic goals of OSU wrestling. This goal has not been met since 2006. Bringing the first championship in 17 years back to the University would be a historic event and a program changing event. In comparison 2nd or 3rd would be just "nice".
I disagree…

History doesn’t remember the runner-up. Only the runner-up remembers the runner-up and thinks about the champ.

Added my axiom. Just think in all the talk about RS'ing, we're forgetting what the kids want. For many, RS may be fine. For some, they may not want another year of "school". But do think it's got to be a consideration.....
100% the kids decision that’s why I’m not for or against it. Makes sense if they choose to but guys like Wyatt & Plott will already be on campus two more school years for degrees so if they did it would make sense. Other guys need a RS year to develop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT