ADVERTISEMENT

My fellow Floridians, hunker down

osu_orangestreak

Heisman Candidate
Feb 15, 2002
What kinda weather are you guys looking at?

I am in Polk County and we are ground zero. Calling for it to pass over at 2am at cat 3. Which is up to 125 mph winds.

Too late run, so it will be a night of sleeping in the closet. Maybe the school will be safer.

Also looking at 24 inches of rain.

Im in Wesley Chapel and just getting rain. They are predicting 10-15 inches here, so we'll see. Good luck in Polk. My stepdaughter lives in Polk County (north Davenport, just south of Champion's Gate) and with Irma lost power for 5 days. Barring a tree falling through your house, power loss is your most likely impact.

I am in Polk County and we are ground zero. Calling for it to pass over at 2am at cat 3. Which is up to 125 mph winds.

Too late run, so it will be a night of sleeping in the closet. Maybe the school will be safer.

Also looking at 24 inches of rain.
How far off the coast are you?

308670268_865434591345956_440804885080446381_n.jpg

Homestead, Florida is where I learned cars would rust. Royal Castle hamburgers were to kill for. I loved the Ocean Cove Night Club in Coral Gables. Black lights in the cave. Miami coeds littered the Ocean Cove.

I paid 50 cents to watch U of Miami play football in the Orange Bowl. I sat on the 38 yard line.
Good times!

(except for the car rusting part)

Bro is in Orlando, he said very windy and trees bending so much they look like they are gonna snap. This was around 9 or 10 pm.

Good times!

(except for the car rusting part)
I drove a southwestern Oklahoma 1956 Plymouth Belvidere 2 door hardtop to Homestead AFB for my 20 month stay. Every time I stopped to gas up, somebody asked if I wanted to sell the Plymouth.

My 50 cent Miami football tickets were end zone. I usually sat around the 38 yard line.

Here in Orange County, we had a lot of areas that were flooded. A friend of mine had to be evacuated from where she lives due to flooding and has suffered property damage. There is still some areas dealing with flooding. I saw a couple of houses that were still flooded this morning. My family and I came through the storm safely and just had a few fallen branches on our property.

It is horrible to see the amount of damage this hurricane caused, especially in southwest Florida where I have many friends.

Hope you made it through the hurricane safely and without a lot of damage.

Reactions: AC2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT