ADVERTISEMENT

My Favorite Movie Comedies

Tulsa Hombre

Starter
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2016
If your spending more time at home, I would suggest giving these comedies a look. They are among my favorite of all-time:

1. It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World-1963
Probably the best epic comedy ever made. It’s over three hours long, but it is full of action and funny dialogue. I don’t know how Stanley Kramer pulled it off, but he got 30 of the best comedians together for this once in a lifetime extravaganza. Johnathan Winters and Phil Silvers are amazing. The garage scene, the river scene, the airplane scene, and hardware store are classic.

2. What About Bob? Bill Murray absolutely ruins Richard Dreyfus in this epic

3. Take the Money and Run- Woody Allen’s first motion picture.

4. Play It Again Sam-My favorite Woody Allen movie.

5. The In-Laws-Peter Falk and Alan Arkin

6. Groundhog Day-Bill Murray

7. The Private Eyes-Tim Conway and Don Knotts

8. Trading Places-Dan Ackroyd

9. Blazing Saddles-Mel Brooks

10. Support Your Local Sheriff- James Garner and Walter Brennan

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Anytime Animal House is on I get sucked in and still crack up. It never gets old to me.

I'm a big fan of Something About Mary and Monty Python and the Holy Grail (as well as some others already listed ITT).

Underrated: Game Night

Withnail and I
Team America
Anchorman
Monty Pyhton and the Holy Grail
Blazing Saddles
Dumb and Dumber
Animal House
Superbad

Just off the top of my head

Great list. For those with kids, both of mine love It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

Used Cars is another hilarious movie that doesn’t receive enough credit in my opinion.

Have to order Private Eyes on Amazon, it's not shown anywhere on TV for some reason. I bought it for Fathers Day and watched it with my dad. Still had some funny moments.

I'm a big fan of Walk Hard, don't know why but that movie makes me laugh every single time.

Dumb and Dumber
Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
Ghostbusters
Groundhog Day
Fletch
Ace Ventura
Trading Spaces

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT