ADVERTISEMENT

My electricity contract ends July 3.....

Best deal for me is 6 mos. at 14.8 cents per kWh. 15.1 cents per out the door. My current 11.4 cents ends. My house is all electric. My electric bill just keeps going up, up and away. We need a ligitimate president.

I’m sorry for the cost of your total-electric home. But I was paying the co-op $0.15 per kWH 20+ years ago. It REALLY was expensive back then.

I’m sorry for the cost of your total-electric home. But I was paying the co-op $0.15 per kWH 20+ years ago. It REALLY was expensive back then.
I just talked to son-in-law. His co-op hits him for $.135 per kWh. His house is electric-propane. Local propane is quite a bit higher than nat gas.

There is a high pressure Atmos natural gas line at the corner of my lot. The Atmos site says I can't tap in to a high pressure line. Some Atmos employees tell me I can if I give Atmos a call. Atmos gas is cheap.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I just talked to son-in-law. His co-op hits him for $.135 per kWh. His house is electric-propane. Local propane is quite a bit higher than nat gas.

There is a high pressure Atmos natural gas line at the corner of my lot. The Atmos site says I can't tap in to a high pressure line. Some Atmos employees tell me I can if I give Atmos a call. Atmos gas is cheap.
Don't they make nat gas heat pumps?

I'm all electric here in AZ but our rates aren't bad. Couple hundred miles west in Cali folks regularly hit $1000 during summer.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Solar here in AZ does work very well. Only issue is you need to GC yoour own install. All the solar companies charge 4x actual equipment costs. They destroy the ROI.

I priced out all the equipment - panels, inverters, brackets, controllers,... - a couple years ago and a 12KWH system was $10K. I'll GC an install when I have to reroof the double wide.

I live in a fully electric RV in Fulton tx. Cost, a little less than 400 per month. My two lease houses more than pay for my happiness.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I live in a fully electric RV in Fulton tx. Cost, a little less than 400 per month. My two lease houses more than pay for my happiness.
I'm at $250 in the winter and $400 in summer now for electric with both working from home. It's hard to justify a $25k install and even then it's not for a 100% replacement (6kwh?l.
But I figure when I reroof might as well put it in 12kwh and maybe make a few bucks while I'm at it.

Don't they make nat gas heat pumps?

I'm all electric here in AZ but our rates aren't bad. Couple hundred miles west in Cali folks regularly hit $1000 during summer.
I have a heat pump and when needed electric heat strip. My house has 3 heat strips. The rare times heat strips are called upon only one strip turns on. With propane I wouldn't have gas heat augmentation. MAYBE with nat gas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT