ADVERTISEMENT

More history made

osukev1988

Commitment
Jan 28, 2012
Once again this team goes out and dominates a tourney and sets a record... With 8 champs and 2 second place finishes I am proud of this team and the effort they put forth. Special congrats to Preston for avenging 2 losses earlier in the year on his way to the title. Cant wait for nationals...Go Pokes

Wow. We had 8 to choose from and they go with a non-Cowboy. Weigle should've won it IMO. Gross had defeated Kaid before.

You have to hand it to him he was one of two guys that beat a Cowboy this weekend, and he beat a highly ranked one at that. When a team dominates like that the other coaches are looking to make it less dominate. Gross if very deserving as well winning the toughest weight in the conference.
Outside of him I was most impressed with how well Davion Jeffries wrestled Collica. I could see him AA'ing this year.

Reactions: peloni almoni
DJ looked good..... great time to be peaking! Curious..... when was the last time OU did not have a Big 12 Champ????

When was the last time that ISU did not have a finalists? Considering that I think two of the guys wrestling had been finalists before (Weatherspoon and Hall) that program is in shambles. I understand that they have held on to a few of their big recruits, but the Big 12 need these once proud programs back and competitive! South Dakota State and North Dakota State seem to be getting stronger and I think that West Virginia has some potential as well, but ISU and OU need to get it turned around.

Last edited:
When was the last time that ISU did not have a finalists? Considering that I think two of the guys wrestling had been finalists before (Weatherspoon and Hall) that program is in shambles. I understand that they have held on to a few of their big recruits, but the Big 12 need these once proud programs back and competitive! South Dakota State and North Dakota State seem to be getting stronger and I think that West Virginia has some potential as well, but ISU and OU need to get it turned around.

I answered the Iowa State question here: http://news.theopenmat.com/college-...made-2017-big-12-wrestling-championship/62170

Oklahoma did not have a Big 12 champ in 2011.

Interesting!! Thank You. I really feel ISU made a great choice in Dresser.... you love or hate him but he has the gift of recruiting....as much as I hate it, I think he will out recruit Lou. IMO.... ISU will be back quick.

Interesting!! Thank You. I really feel ISU made a great choice in Dresser.... you love or hate him but he has the gift of recruiting....as much as I hate it, I think he will out recruit Lou. IMO.... ISU will be back quick.
Rosselli's freestyle coaching success should make the difference in getting those elite guys with aspirations past college when dealing with dresser. Either way both are great hires and both schools should be back to competitive form in no time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT