ADVERTISEMENT

Mixed drink

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
Tried caipirinhas last week. Brazilian drink made with sugar cane liquor and mashed limes and sugar. Dangerous drink. Gonna be hard not to put them into a regular rotation.

Reactions: CarrolltonPoke
Dangerous as in the amount of sugar in them. Definitely a good drink though.

Tried caipirinhas last week. Brazilian drink made with sugar cane liquor and mashed limes and sugar. Dangerous drink. Gonna be hard not to put them into a regular rotation.
Pair it with feijoada.

You can make a great skinny margarita with diet Canada Dry as the base with fresh lime juice. There is no need for anything else besides 100% agave tequila (we use hornitos reposado) and a tiny bit of Cointreau. I would never make margaritas another way for home. Probably has 1/3 of the calories of a traditional margarita and tastes the same.

You can make a great skinny margarita with diet Canada Dry as the base with fresh lime juice. There is no need for anything else besides 100% agave tequila (we use hornitos reposado) and a tiny bit of Cointreau. I would never make margaritas another way for home. Probably has 1/3 of the calories of a traditional margarita and tastes the same.
Come on, man.

Best post ITT, and it’s not close
Meh... I drink straight scotch or Irish or Rye or bourbon frequently.

The thread was about cocktails. Straight whisky isn’t a cocktail. It’s an adult beverage, and definitely a suitable alternative, but not a cocktail.

Rye or single malt scotch is preferable to bourbon unless you’ve got a sweet tooth, though I enjoy a bourbon too now and again.

The thread was about cocktails. Straight whisky isn’t a cocktail. It’s an adult beverage, and definitely a suitable alternative, but not a cocktail.

Rye or single malt scotch is preferable to bourbon unless you’ve got a sweet tooth, though I enjoy a bourbon too now and again.
Either way it’s 2021, you need to stop assuming a cocktails orientation.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx

If it’s whiskey that doesn’t suck, there’s not a big genre preference for me. I enjoy bourbon because I feel like a quality sip is more affordable than scotch but I can see why someone would disagree.

I just don’t enjoy cocktails much because I hate making them so I’ll only buy them at a restaurant or a bar. The issue with that is many places want to put their own twist on the drink and I hate paying $10-$15 to find out someone makes a crappy cocktail (IMO).

I just don’t enjoy cocktails much because I hate making them so I’ll only buy them at a restaurant or a bar. The issue with that is many places want to put their own twist on the drink and I hate paying $10-$15 to find out someone makes a crappy cocktail (IMO).
Pretty good synopsis.

Best post ITT, and it’s not close
I'm proud to say that I've had to Google the name of most of the cocktails named in this thread.

Me to the first several posters in this thread:

wtOszEf.gif

Since it's somewhat on-topic: has anyone ever tried Aviation gin? The Mrs. picked it up last weekend (likely because Ryan Reynolds is part owner), but I have yet to open the bottle. If I'm drinking gin, it's generally just a gin & tonic.

I'm proud to say that I've had to Google the name of most of the cocktails named in this thread.

Me to the first several posters in this thread:

wtOszEf.gif
Hey the drink I listed is liquor and limes. It’s the shit. And will knock your dick in the dirt.

Since it's somewhat on-topic: has anyone ever tried Aviation gin? The Mrs. picked it up last weekend (likely because Ryan Reynolds is part owner), but I have yet to open the bottle. If I'm drinking gin, it's generally just a gin & tonic.
If you can find it, get Brooklyn Gin. I never thought I’d like a gin better than Hendricks but Brooklyn is it. Aviation is a good gin too.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
If you can find it, get Brooklyn Gin. I never thought I’d like a gin better than Hendricks but Brooklyn is it. Aviation is a good gin too.

I had Brooklyn gin, in if all places, Brooklyn. I didn’t know it was distributed outside of New York. Where did you find it? It is really tasty and unique.

I have been buying the botanist pretty much exclusively. I love it. I really like Nolet’s too. Very fruit forward. Drink it straight over ice

I had Brooklyn gin, in if all places, Brooklyn. I didn’t know it was distributed outside of New York. Where did you find it? It is really tasty and unique.

I have been buying the botanist pretty much exclusively. I love it. I really like Nolet’s too. Very fruit forward. Drink it straight over ice
In Tulsa, at Parkhills South. Nowhere else in Tulsa has it; not even the original Parkhills. I’ve also bought at Total Wine in the Dallas area.

I first had it at Eataly in Manhattan circa 2019.

Last edited:
In Tulsa, at Parkhills South. Nowhere else in Tulsa has it; not even the original Parkhills. I’ve also bought at Total Wine in the Dallas area.

I first had it at Eataly in Manhattan circa 2019.
So I walk into Byron’s and low and behold they have Brooklyn gin. I guess they’ve found a way to up production and distribution fairly recently, according to a guy there.

It’s amazing how our fortunes have changed in Oklahoma. I actually thought about you awhile back, when I noticed like 6 varieties of Bell’s in the liquor store. Still missing a few things I wish we could get local, but we’ve come a long way, baby.

In the spring and summer I do enjoy a good cocktail because you can ice down a cocktail to beat the heat of oklahoma. My wife and I enjoy gin and vodka in our mixed drinks. Last summer we started playing around with variations on the gin & tonic with different tonics and replacements for the lime. Came up with a couple of good elderflower or mint recipes.

EDIT: P.s. we also started messing with beer and liquor mixed drinks when we tried to find mule drinks that we liked that were not ginger based

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT