ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Duel Scores

Doesn't anyone post scores anymore?
Pic by decision, Fix impressive decision, team point possibly deducted when our coaches attempted to challenge a call, Brock out of gas and loses by decision, G wins decision going away. Team score 8 or 9 to 3.

We are ahead 8-3. Shomers is up 2-0 with a first period takedown. Gefeller won and should have gotten a major. I joined late so do not know the results of the earlier bouts.

Nice flex by Steve Bleise after being outwrestled for 6:45.

Looking forward to him going against Nolf.

White dislocated the pinkie finger on his right hand. Trailing 6-1.
Stevenson makes an early 6 point move hold up for a 8-2 win. Dual score 23-9.

Last edited:
Especially after their team got their ass whooped with us down 2 starters.

He is a super talent but he hit a TD and White got caught on his back. Gable didn't do much else.
Exactly! It was a one-move match. Big deal. Act like you been there before.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Thanks. Didn't know about this.
We wrestled well this dual but I really liked how Kaden wrestled up a weight against a tough opponent. Big win for Daton especially getting the reversal but Lizak for some reason didn't seem to be in good condition. Probably like Kaid was not in shape to go hard for 3 periods these last 2 duals.

Reactions: osu2082 and OAMC99
We wrestled well this dual but I really liked how Kaden wrestled up a weight against a tough opponent. Big win for Daton especially getting the reversal but Lizak for some reason didn't seem to be in good condition. Probably like Kaid was not in shape to go hard for 3 periods these last 2 duals.

Daton also pushed the pace and kept Lizak moving and on his back foot. His ties are also tough. Daton wore him down.

That wasn't a good look for Gable. The only thing I can say is that he is really young, only turned 18 a few months ago I believe. Hopefully his coaches speak with him and he matures. I will say though that many of his matches seem to get "chippy".

Gable throws some almost hand punches. He had two that were way out of line and overboard . White looked like He was ready to Fight after the last one

I agree. I've seen that happen in more than a few of his matches. That won't end well for him if he keeps it up.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
The "this is my house" antics he was saying and doing after beating a guy who didn't AA last year (he has a great chance this year) and right after your team just got mud holed in "his house" won't sit well with many.

Reactions: OAMC99
I agree and give White Credit for keeping his composure after the hard hand slaps .

Reactions: pokefan4life
Would have loved to have seen Stevenson throw those head slaps on "Z", as it would have gotten ugly and not good for the kid. He is young and is certainly a stud and has a real shot at the finals even this year. He reminds me of that punk from Missouri (Dom Bradley). He even looks like the big tool.

I agree and give White Credit for keeping his composure after the hard hand slaps .

Definitely hear what you're saying but I'm not sure I agree on that part.

First off, I don't fault Derek in the least - he was probably looking forward to wrestling a top guy and then an overly excited kid decided to make it a WWE performance for the home crowd in his debut. That said, once it was clear the refs weren't going to stop the swinging, I think Derek should have hit him with a few hard clubs to the head. I don't care about the showboating. Sing and dance all you want. That's got nothing to do with wrestling. Just makes you look like idiot. Same with Bleise for flexing after being controlled for 6:45 and then winning because his headhunting actually worked in the closing seconds. But when a guy takes a few swings at you, then you smack him back. That is part of wrestling. Again, not Derek's fault at all this go around. But next time...be ready Gable.

Definitely hear what you're saying but I'm not sure I agree on that part.

First off, I don't fault Derek in the least - he was probably looking forward to wrestling a top guy and then an overly excited kid decided to make it a WWE performance for the home crowd in his debut. That said, once it was clear the refs weren't going to stop the swinging, I think Derek should have hit him with a few hard clubs to the head. I don't care about the showboating. Sing and dance all you want. That's got nothing to do with wrestling. Just makes you look like idiot. Same with Bleise for flexing after being controlled for 6:45 and then winning because his headhunting actually worked in the closing seconds. But when a guy takes a few swings at you, then you smack him back. That is part of wrestling. Again, not Derek's fault at all this go around. But next time...be ready Gable.

I would have been happy for White if he wanted to slap back But White is a Team first guy and will never put his team in jeopardy of looking bad or losing a point when OSU is out for a title Hunt. I’m sure White will be ready for him next time

I would have been happy for White if he wanted to slap back But White is a Team first guy and will never put his team in jeopardy of looking bad or losing a point when OSU is out for a title Hunt. I’m sure White will be ready for him next time

I certainly understand that take. It just crossed the line for me, but maybe it really wasn't so bad.

I know there was a swing by Gable in the 2nd that prompted a warning. Then it seemed like a few more in the 3rd. But the one that stood out to me was almost like a jab in the last 30 seconds while he was dancing around. Do I remember that right? It seemed like a boxing jab, almost Ali like. I probably need to watch it again.

I would tell guys if it isn't Big12s or Nationals, then don't worry about clubbing someone back. Worth a team point or a 1 match suspension in my opinion.

Last edited:
My experience with a dislocated finger is that it is sore for a couple of weeks, but did not stop much physically. Is Joe Smith going to make 165 and does it matter.

I certainly understand that take. It just crossed the line for me, but maybe it really wasn't so bad.

I know there was a swing by Gable in the 2nd that prompted a warning. Then it seemed like a few more in the 3rd. But the one that stood out to me was almost like a jab in the last 30 seconds while he was dancing around. Do I remember that right? It seemed like a boxing jab, almost Ali like. I probably need to watch it again.

I would tell guys if isn't Big12s or Nationals, then don't worry about clubbing someone back. Worth a team point or a 1 match suspension in my opinion.
You are correct the last one honestly deserved a ass whipping from White but I bet you Gables teammates and coach have already had a talk with him cause they got their Ass kicked in the dual and he made it all about him

Reactions: Wrassler17
My experience with a dislocated finger is that it is sore for a couple of weeks, but did not stop much physically. Is Joe Smith going to make 165 and does it matter.

I caught the very end of coach Smith's post match comments on the radio link OHkie provided. I thought he said something about a break with Derek but I might have misheard him. Also thought he said Joe was injured.

Exactly! It was a one-move match. Big deal. Act like you been there before.

I'm not condoning his perceived showboating, but Gable hasn't been there before. This was his first official college wrestling dual and first at home. So by definition, he actually hasn't been here before.

Maybe if he wins a title this year and then does something like that, the saying may be apt. Merely playing devil's advocate here.

Reactions: ctdub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT