ADVERTISEMENT

Mini-Me Declares War On AP African American Studies

FnWCTj8WIA0Lx5J

The founders were not "widely against" slavery. Some opposed it, yes. Others accepted it and greatly benefitted from it. And they sought to protect it every chance they got.

Yes, our founders could have ended slavery but they chose not to. Instead, the slavocracy in our country was empowered from the get go. It took us a long time to start living up to the ideals expressed in the Declaration of Independence. And we are still trying to do this, always striving for a more perfect Union.

We literally had to fight a civil war to end slavery. People were willing to kill their fellow country men to preserve the right to own slaves.

This is the truth of our history. Why are you so against learning about the truth? Why do you want to indoctrinate all children with your white-washed false truth of American history?
Like I said you've had a very one sided teaching of history. Congrats on the indoctrination.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
What did I state in my post that is an example of one-sided history?
Might want to read your post again, think about it and answer your own question. You have no understanding of the times, what the founders goals were, what obstacles they faced and use your modern day morals to come to your conclusion. Like I said a one sided indoctrinated view of history.

Might want to read your post again, think about it and answer your own question. You have no understanding of the times, what the founders goals were, what obstacles they faced and use your modern day morals to come to your conclusion. Like I said a one sided indoctrinated view of history.
Shit britches whispering is exposing the jackasses. Negative effect on the dimm party.

Might want to read your post again, think about it and answer your own question.
You are the one that made the claim, so back up your claim.

You have no understanding of the times, what the founders goals were, what obstacles they faced and use your modern day morals to come to your conclusion. Like I said a one sided indoctrinated view of history.
Again, explain how any of this is indicated in my original post? btw, keep in mind, there were those who opposed slavery during the founders' times. So no one is imposing "modern day" morals on anyone.

Do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect?

You are the one that made the claim, so back up your claim.

Again, explain how any of this is indicated in my original post? btw, keep in mind, there were those who opposed slavery during the founders' times. So no one is imposing "modern day" morals on anyone.

Do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect?
Read your post again.

The founders were not "widely against" slavery. Some opposed it, yes. Others accepted it and greatly benefitted from it. And they sought to protect it every chance they got.
Yes, our founders could have ended slavery but they chose not to. Instead, the slavocracy in our country was empowered from the get go. It took us a long time to start living up to the ideals expressed in the Declaration of Independence. And we are still trying to do this, always striving for a more perfect Union.
We literally had to fight a civil war to end slavery. People were willing to kill their fellow country men to preserve the right to own slaves.
This is the truth of our history. Why are you so against learning about the truth? Why do you want to indoctrinate all children with your white-washed false truth of American history?

You have no understanding of the time.
In your mind the Founders who had just come out of the Revolutionary War and whose sole focus was to set up a government to Unite all the states under one government should have ended slavery instead of Uniting the state together to form the Union? The same slavery you admit the country had to fight a war over to end. SMFH You leftist are not very bright.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Yes, our founders could have ended slavery but they chose not to. Instead, the slavocracy in our country was empowered from the get go. I
Again, what is one-sided about this statement and what about this statement is untrue?

We literally had to fight a civil war to end slavery. .
Again, what is one-sided about this statement and what about this statement is untrue?

In your mind the Founders who had just come out of the Revolutionary War and whose sole focus was to set up a government to Unite all the states under one government should have ended slavery instead of Uniting the state together to form the Union? The same slavery you admit the country had to fight a war over to end.
This is an excuse for why the founders didn't end slavery. This doesn't disprove the statement though that the founders could have ended slavery if they wanted to. Clearly the founders could have. They chose not to. Indeed, they empowered the slavocracy and that slavocracy continued to be impowered until it had to be destroyed with a very costly war. All the founders did was pass the buck on this issue to a future generation.

So do you have anything to back up your claim about one-sided history? Anything at all? On top of that, do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect?

This is an excuse for why the founders didn't end slavery. This doesn't disprove the statement though that the founders could have ended slavery if they wanted to. Clearly the founders could have. They chose not to. Indeed, they empowered the slavocracy and that slavocracy continued to be impowered until it had to be destroyed with a very costly war. All the founders did was pass the buck on this issue to a future generation.

So do you have anything to back up your claim about one-sided history? Anything at all? On top of that, do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect?
We had to fight a war to end slavery but the Founders could have done it if they wanted to? Really 2 cents do you hear yourself? The fact you post this drivel and worse, believe it, shows a complete lack of even the slightest common sense. But hey thanks for posting it for all to see.

We had to fight a war to end slavery but the Founders could have done it if they wanted to?
Yes, the founders could have ended slavery if they wanted to. But they didn't want to. You can give excuses for why they didn't till the cows come home, but it doesn't change the fact that the founders could have ended it if they wanted to. My original statement was not untrue nor an example of one-sided history.

Still waiting on your answer to these two questions btw. Do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect?

Yes, the founders could have ended slavery if they wanted to. But they didn't want to. You can give excuses for why they didn't till the cows come home, but it doesn't change the fact that the founders could have ended it if they wanted to. My original statement was not untrue nor an example of one-sided history.

Still waiting on your answer to these two questions btw. Do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect?
You are wrong about this. The Founders could not have ended slavery if they wanted to remain as one country. The slave states would not have allowed it, they would have broken off and gone on their own. They couldn’t have made that any clearer.

In your opinion the founders should have started a war against slave states to end slavery instead of uniting the states to form the union? Quite the warmonger attitude

The Founders could not have ended slavery if they wanted to remain as one country. The slave states would not have allowed it, they would have broken off and gone on their own.
Again, this is an excuse. This is excusing away why the founders didn't end slavery. It doesn't negate the statement though that the founders could have ended slavery if they had wanted to.

Clearly, the founders could have ended slavery if they had wanted to. Instead, they decided to empower the slavocracy and pass the buck on this issue to a future generation. And that future generation did exactly what the founders refused to do, even with the threat (and action) by the slave states to destroy the Union and go off and start their own country. That generation finally said enough is enough and ended a horrible institution in our country. They made the choice to do it. Unlike the founders, who chose not to.

Again, this is an excuse. This is excusing away why the founders didn't end slavery. It doesn't negate the statement though that the founders could have ended slavery if they had wanted to.

Clearly, the founders could have ended slavery if they had wanted to. Instead, they decided to empower the slavocracy and pass the buck on this issue to a future generation. And that future generation did exactly what the founders refused to do, even with the threat (and action) by the slave states to destroy the Union and go off and start their own country. That generation finally said enough is enough and ended a horrible institution in our country. They made the choice to do it. Unlike the founders, who chose not to.
You seem to think you have all the answers and could have resolved all the issues just how would you have gone about ending slavery and formed the Union?

In your opinion the founders should have started a war against slave states to end slavery instead of uniting the states to form the union? Quite the warmonger attitude
Hadn't the founders already engaged in one war to protect the rights of wealthy white men against what they saw as tyranny on the part of a King? Were black men and women not also deserving of their rights too? Or did some of the founders see that as being something completely different?

You know the answer to these questions even if you don't want to admit them. The founders had no problem fighting a war if they thought it was just, they just didn't want to end slavery. Many of them grealy benefitted from slavery and they had no interest in ending it. It fell on a later generation to do what the founders refused to do. That is our history and it isn't one-sided. It is the truth.

Now, once again, do you believe the founders are above criticism? Were they all perfect? Yes or no?

You do understand that representatives from the slave states were also some of the Founders do you not? Maybe you don’t understand that. If you did you would not keep saying “clearly.”

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
just how would you have gone about ending slavery and formed the Union?
This isn't about me or even you, this is about the founders and the decisions they made. The problem, apparently, is that you feel like you have to defend the founders all the time and not just admit when they were wrong. You want to white-wash our history and pretend the founders were perfect.

I have no problem honoring the founders for what they accomplished (and/or set in motion) while also admitting their mistakes and where they fell short. I have no problem with the truth of history. Apparently though, you do.

You do understand that representatives from the slave states were also some of the Founders do you not?
Yes I know this. Hence one of the reasons they didn't want to end slavery! They benefitted from it, as I've already stated.

Yes I know this. Hence one of the reasons they didn't want to end slavery! They benefitted from it, as I've already stated.
No one has argued against that. You keep saying “clearly they could have ended slavery” when “clearly” they could not. That’s all any of us are trying (without success) to get you to see.

This isn't about me or even you, this is about the founders and the decisions they made. The problem, apparently, is that you feel like you have to defend the founders all the time and not just admit when they were wrong. You want to white-wash our history and pretend the founders were perfect.

I have no problem honoring the founders for what they accomplished (and/or set in motion) while also admitting their mistakes and where they fell short. I have no problem with the truth of history. Apparently though, you do.
Sure it is, you are the one that's making the claim the Founders empowered slavery and didn't have proper reasoning for not ending slavery. As usual you present yourself as the embodiment of perfection, so show us how you would have solved the issue of slavery, while at the same time creating a system of government that created the Union.

You keep saying “clearly they could have ended slavery” when “clearly” they could not.
And they could have. They could have ended slavery if they wanted to. But they didn't want to!

This isn't rocket science Lonesome Dan lol.

And they could have. They could have ended slavery if they wanted to. But they didn't want to!

This isn't rocket science Lonesome Dan lol.
The Founders as a whole could not have ended slavery. You might as well have said “clearly the Founders could have built a rocket ship to explore the moon” and have been as ridiculous as you’re being about this.

Sure it is, you are the one that's making the claim the Founders empowered slavery and didn't have proper reasoning for not ending slavery.
Proper reasoning. 🙄

Did Hitler claim to have proper reasoning for killing 6 million Jews and others who dared to challenge his hold on Germany? Do Neo-Nazis today try to still claim he had "proper reasoning" for what he did or claim history is being twisted to condemn Hitler? Should Germans today defend Hitler and Neo-Nazis' proper reasoning claims?🙄

Again, you are engaged in excuse making for why the founders chose to not end slavery. If you feel the need to do that, so be it. It doesn't change the fact that the founders could have ended slavery if they had wanted to. They just didn't want to. Simple as that.

The Founders as a whole could not have ended slavery. You might as well have said “clearly the Founders could have built a rocket ship to explore the moon” and have been as ridiculous as you’re being about this.
Proper reasoning. 🙄

Did Hitler claim to have proper reasoning for killing 6 million Jews and others who dared to challenge his hold on Germany? Do Neo-Nazis today try to still claim he had "proper reasoning" for what he did or claim history is being twisted to condemn Hitler? Should Germans today defend Hitler and Neo-Nazis' proper reasoning claims?🙄

Again, you are engaged in excuse making for why the founders chose to not end slavery. If you feel the need to do that, so be it. It doesn't change the fact that the founders could have ended slavery if they had wanted to. They just didn't want to. Simple as that.
In other words you have no idea how the founders could have ended slavery while creating the Union. Face it, you are either a blithering leftist moron or you have no understanding or appreciation of what the Founders were faced with. You expect what was impossible and can't bring yourself to admit.

In other words you have no idea how the founders could have ended slavery while creating the Union. Face it, you are either a blithering leftist moron or you have no understanding or appreciation of what the Founders were faced with. You expect what was impossible and can't bring yourself to admit.
If you really want to consider this, here is an article that begins a discussion on this topic and provides you with sources and information you can research and study on your own.

"There was no greater devotee to the American cause of independence than the Marquis de Lafayette. The young and idealistic French aristocrat endured the terrible winter at Valley Forge and fought bravely in critical battles in the Revolutionary War—playing a decisive role in George Washington’s victory at Yorktown. He revered the man he called his “beloved, matchless Washington” as a surrogate father. Gen. Washington was just as enamored of the Frenchman who helped him win the war: If you visit the first president’s estate at Mount Vernon today, you will see, displayed prominently in the front parlor, the rusted key to the Bastille in Paris that Lafayette sent Washington during the French Revolution, describing it in a letter as a tribute from a “missionary of liberty to its patriarch.”

"And yet when the war was done, Lafayette expressed disillusionment with the patriarch of liberty, who politely rebuffed or ignored the Frenchman’s repeated pleas to free America’s slaves—some of whom had fought valiantly as soldiers in the assault at Yorktown. “I would never have drawn my sword in the cause of America, if I could have conceived that thereby I was founding a land of slavery,” Lafayette later said, according to historian Henry Wiencek’s 2003 book An Imperfect God: George Washington, His Slaves, and the Creation of America. His sentiments came to be used as a rallying cry by abolitionists before the Civil War."

How America’s Founding Fathers Missed a Chance to Abolish Slavery

If you really want to consider this, here is an article that begins a discussion on this topic and provides you with sources and information you can research and study on your own.

"There was no greater devotee to the American cause of independence than the Marquis de Lafayette. The young and idealistic French aristocrat endured the terrible winter at Valley Forge and fought bravely in critical battles in the Revolutionary War—playing a decisive role in George Washington’s victory at Yorktown. He revered the man he called his “beloved, matchless Washington” as a surrogate father. Gen. Washington was just as enamored of the Frenchman who helped him win the war: If you visit the first president’s estate at Mount Vernon today, you will see, displayed prominently in the front parlor, the rusted key to the Bastille in Paris that Lafayette sent Washington during the French Revolution, describing it in a letter as a tribute from a “missionary of liberty to its patriarch.”

"And yet when the war was done, Lafayette expressed disillusionment with the patriarch of liberty, who politely rebuffed or ignored the Frenchman’s repeated pleas to free America’s slaves—some of whom had fought valiantly as soldiers in the assault at Yorktown. “I would never have drawn my sword in the cause of America, if I could have conceived that thereby I was founding a land of slavery,” Lafayette later said, according to historian Henry Wiencek’s 2003 book An Imperfect God: George Washington, His Slaves, and the Creation of America. His sentiments came to be used as a rallying cry by abolitionists before the Civil War."

How America’s Founding Fathers Missed a Chance to Abolish Slavery
How does that answer my question? Quit dodging and tell us how you, Mr. Perfect would have formed the Union and ended slavery.

Did you read the article?

If not, read the article.

LMAO, no where within that article answers anything about how you would have ended slavery and created the Union.

This is what you always do when you're pressed and your ridiculous comments paint you into a corner. You claimed the Founders could have ended slavery and created the Union. Tell us all how you would have convinced the slaves states to join the Union while you ended slavery. Would you have started a war to impose your will on slave states? Or what content and process would you have used to convince those slaves states to end slavery in their states. Hold yourself to the same standards you hold the Founders.

LMAO, no where within that article answers anything about how you would have ended slavery and created the Union.
Wrong.

One example from the article. I would have fully supported Benjamin Franklin's anti-slavery petition that was sent to the first Congress.

Again, did you even read the article?

Wrong.

One example from the article. I would have fully supported Benjamin Franklin's anti-slavery petition that was sent to the first Congress.

Again, did you even read the article?
The anti slavery petition failed now didn't it, now what are you going to do to end slavery and form the Union? Like you have so ignorantly pointed out, to the demise of your argument, you can't impose your will on others without force. So where is your solution since you think the Founders should have done differently.

The anti slavery petition failed now didn't it,
Yes, it failed. And why did it fail? Because of a choice made.

Again, there were opportunities to end slavery. Many of our founding fathers just chose not to end slavery. They chose instead to empower the slavocracy and pass the buck to another generation of Americans.

So where is your solution since you think the Founders should have done differently.
I think more of the founders should have done what was right, taken the opportunities they had, and ended slavery. They should have agreed with those who wanted to end slavery and they should have acted. But they didn't. They chose not to. As I stated in my original statement.

Yes, it failed. And why did it fail? Because of a choice made.

Again, there were opportunities to end slavery. Many of our founding fathers just chose not to end slavery. They chose instead to empower the slavocracy and pass the buck to another generation of Americans.

I think more of the founders should have done what was right, taken the opportunities they had, and ended slavery. They should have agreed with those who wanted to end slavery and they should have acted. But they didn't. They chose not to. As I stated in my original statement.
You think the founders should have done what was right? That's not what i asked, what would you have done.

You keep leaving out a key part of the problem, the slave states would not join the Union if ending slavery was part of the deal. So again what would you have done? You're you so full of yourself you think you are better and smarter than the Founders so show us all how the great 2 cents could have solved it all.

You think the founders should have done what was right?
Yes. They should have chosen to end slavery. They didn't though. They chose otherwise.

That's not what i asked, what would you have done.
And I gave you examples of what could have been done. You just ignored them, as usual.

For the last time, the founders could have chosen to end slavery. Would it have been difficult and costly? Sure. It was difficult and costly in the 1860s when another generation of American leaders chose to act and end slavery. That didn't stop them from choosing to end slavery though. The founders chose not to end slavery. They passed the buck. You can make every excuse in the book for them, but the fact remains, they chose to not end slavery.

Yes. They should have chosen to end slavery. They didn't though. They chose otherwise.

And I gave you examples of what could have been done. You just ignored them, as usual.

For the last time, the founders could have chosen to end slavery. Would it have been difficult and costly? Sure. It was difficult and costly in the 1860s when another generation of American leaders chose to act and end slavery. That didn't stop them from choosing to end slavery though. The founders chose not to end slavery. They passed the buck. You can make every excuse in the book for them, but the fact remains, they chose to not end slavery.
In other words you have no solution, have no understanding of the times and continue to hold your one sided view of history. Thanks for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT