ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Pixley going to Lidsey Wilson College

mike tognetti

All-American
Jan 27, 2012
A very talented wrestler Michael Pixley is going to a NAIA school. One of last year early shooting stars never made it to the campus of Illinois this year. One of the recruits that some of our posters were hoping would be coming to OSU but just wasn't the right fit back then.
This post was edited on 6/9 7:14 AM by mike tognetti

Lindsey Wilson is a liberal Arts college in south central Kentucky affiliated with the United Methodist Church. They have a good NAIAS wrestling team that year before last was 5th in the NAIA. School has approsimately 2,700 students.

Really odd - unless it's a grades thing. That kid is an out and out stud.

Valencias announce today - FYI.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Zahid and Anthony Valencia of St. John Bosco High School

- where we in on these guys?

It is almost certainly a grades thing as at least two months ago he de-committed from Illinois. I see that the Valencia's are making their announcement today at 1:30 central time as to where they are going. This will solve two weight class problems for whoever they pick. I really have no inside information but It maybe Illinois which would also fit in with the Pixley move as the bigger Valencia would be around his weight. I know we are interested as is everyone else in the country but somehow I feel it will be Illinois,Iowa or a big ten school. We shall see shortly.
This post was edited on 6/9 12:08 PM by oberebo

I thought I read somewhere that they are thinking about ASU.

On the PSU board someone said there was tweet a few days saying it was ASU, but it has been removed.

This post was edited on 6/9 12:23 PM by april racer

I was just about to post again that Arizona State might be the winner with new coach Zeke Jones and it being close to the LA area.

Originally posted by oberebo:

I was just about to post again that Arizona State might be the winner with new coach Zeke Jones and it being close to the LA area.
I think it would be great for college wrestling as a sport to get ASU back in the mix as a solid power program from the west.

I just listened to about 30 seconds of the announcement, but it sounds like he picked ASU.

It was a foregone conclusion when Jeke Jones became the coach at ASU that the Valencia's boys were going there for many reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT