ADVERTISEMENT

Mega

tcpoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2004
I'm getting the wife a new DSLR for her birthday so she can have it to use on Christmas. She has the Canon Rebel XTi that she got probably 6 years ago or so. She's ready to move into something new, but is far from a professional. Mainly used to take pics of the kids and other general uses. She does want video capabilities.

Any recs? I will probably also get her a good general purpose lens, so recs there are needed as well.

I don't think she is necessarily loyal to Canon......
Posted from Rivals Mobile

BTW for anyone that wants pics taken, the pics Mega has been posting on Facebook have looked very impressive. Keep it up man

Mega... Thoughts on Fuji? Specifically the X-M1. I just bought one. It's my first "grown up" camera, I looked at that and the Nikon Coolpix P600... Decided on the Fuji because the P600 was ridiculously slow. Plus the X-M1 has a pretty bitchin' throwback look.
x-m1_brown_front_left_16-50mm.jpg

This post was edited on 11/25 1:42 PM by parlayn_poke

Originally posted by parlayn_poke:
Mega... Thoughts on Fuji? Specifically the X-M1. I just bought one. It's my first "grown up" camera, I looked at that and the Nikon Coolpix P600... Decided on the Fuji because the P600 was ridiculously slow. Plus the X-M1 has a pretty bitchin' throwback look.
ec

Sorry Parlayn_poke - I thought I replied to this a few days ago on my phone but I guess it didn't post.

I'm not a real gear-head that keeps up with this stuff, but from what I've read - this is a pretty nifty camera. It's mirror less - which allows it to be more compact. Much easier camera to take with you when you travel for example than trying to lug around a DSLR of any kind. I think there's obviously a limit when it comes to lens selection or how creative you can get with it, but for a quick draw camera that probably fits in a cargo short pocket pretty easily, it beats the hell out of a cell phone.

Just really depends on what you want to do with it, but from what I can tell it's a really cool looking and performing camera. I would love to see some sample of something you've shot with it!

Cool... Thanks for your response Mega. I took it with me to Cape Town a couple of weeks ago. I'll see what I can do to post a few pictures. Was mostly taking landscapes. Still not familiar with most of the settings and stuff so most of the photographs I took were with auto settings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT