ADVERTISEMENT

Making The Argument That You Should Trust Your Own Experience

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Over what journalists tell you. Makes sense to me, although the argument dilutes the notion you should put all your trust in “information” and “data points.” But who would be so stupid to do that?

Hay Danny, who told you 1/6 arrestees were being held without charge? Did you make any effort to validate the info or did it fit your "big picture" view sufficiently so you decided to just run with it?

Hay Danny, who told you 1/6 arrestees were being held without charge? Did you make any effort to validate the info or did it fit your "big picture" view sufficiently so you decided to just run with it?
I either heard it wrong or was misinformed, a failure I acknowledged as soon as it was pointed out to me. The fact that one "data point" in my post was in error does not disallow the validity of the point I was making, as you know perfectly well. But it is obviously a misrepresentation that you have joyfully jumped on in a quest to belittle someone you have had trouble arguing against in the past. That's understandable, and I don't blame you for being petty. Pettiness pretty much describes the leftist modus operandi. And you are a master at pettiness!

I either heard it wrong or was misinformed, a failure I acknowledged as soon as it was pointed out to me. The fact that one "data point" in my post was in error does not disallow the validity of the point I was making, as you know perfectly well. But it is obviously a misrepresentation that you have joyfully jumped on in a quest to belittle someone you have had trouble arguing against in the past. That's understandable, and I don't blame you for being petty. Pettiness pretty much describes the leftist modus operandi. And you are a master at pettiness!
So you have another example to share?

While I disagree with the conclusions reached by the author in your OP, at least they link to relevant sources and specific events. You should maybe give that a try. Since you clearly distrust Google s search Algo, try DDG.

So you have another example to share?

While I disagree with the conclusions reached by the author in your OP, at least they link to relevant sources and specific events. You should maybe give that a try. Since you clearly distrust Google s search Algo, try DDG.
I see no need to look further. I always have you to tell me what Google told you.

Data and information are actually bad. They only serve to pollute your feelings. Trust your gut 100%

That is a very strange article. The headline says that first hand experience is less biased than the news which is a statement that is impossible to prove or disprove and is definitely going to vary depending on the person and the news source. Then he goes on to liken news to statistics, which are two entirely different things. In retrospect, it seems like a terrible article.

Data and information are actually bad. They only serve to pollute your feelings. Trust your gut 100%

This is like the guy that gets caught in the act of having an affair and tells his wife don't believe your lying eyes. SMFH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT