ADVERTISEMENT

Makes Me Want To Puke

I am far from a fan of Haley but from my way of thinking both politically and from a leadership position it would make sense to select Haley as the VP. Politically it brings some of the anti Trump faction of the Republican Party on board and it gives the deep state neocons hope they have a voice in leadership. From a leadership position is provides policy options that are different from your own and in some cases might be the best option. It also allows a President to know what the deep state neocons are trying to do. The old adage of keep your enemies closer in order to understand their intentions applies here. While her selection as VP wouldn't be ideal in my mind I do understand why it would make sense.

Reactions: AC2020
I am far from a fan of Haley but from my way of thinking both politically and from a leadership position it would make sense to select Haley as the VP. Politically it brings some of the anti Trump faction of the Republican Party on board and it gives the deep state neocons hope they have a voice in leadership. From a leadership position is provides policy options that are different from your own and in some cases might be the best option. It also allows a President to know what the deep state neocons are trying to do. The old adage of keep your enemies closer in order to understand their intentions applies here. While her selection as VP wouldn't be ideal in my mind I do understand why it would make sense.
My concerns over Haley as a VP pick are purely associated with assassination. This would normally not be a consideration for me, except Trump poses a much larger risk of assassination than most presidents. It would not surprise me to see an attempt before Nov. A Haley pick would only encourage that, while a more Maga pick would deter such things.

Past that it makes sense politically, Reagan did that with Bush. It worked out for Reagan; the downside was that people thought Bush would be a continuation of the Reagan policies and got something entirely different. The Bush family single-handedly held back Reagan's conservative values, doing more damage than Clinton himself. We are still trying to right that ship.

I'm not sure I would like the political expediency of that kind of pick. I can live with it but would be extremely worried about who takes over if Trump is removed from the equation for whatever reason. We cannot afford the mistakes of the past.

My concerns over Haley as a VP pick are purely associated with assassination. This would normally not be a consideration for me, except Trump poses a much larger risk of assassination than most presidents. It would not surprise me to see an attempt before Nov. A Haley pick would only encourage that, while a more Maga pick would deter such things.

Past that it makes sense politically, Reagan did that with Bush. It worked out for Reagan; the downside was that people thought Bush would be a continuation of the Reagan policies and got something entirely different. The Bush family single-handedly held back Reagan's conservative values, doing more damage than Clinton himself. We are still trying to right that ship.

I'm not sure I would like the political expediency of that kind of pick. I can live with it but would be extremely worried about who takes over if Trump is removed from the equation for whatever reason. We cannot afford the mistakes of the past.
With Democrats and the Deep State willing to do anything to keep Trump out of the White House the fear of assassination is very real. Let's hope they are not willing to go that far but as history has shown us it's a possibility.

With Democrats and the Deep State willing to do anything to keep Trump out of the White House the fear of assassination is very real. Let's hope they are not willing to go that far but as history has shown us it's a possibility.
They’ll cheat during the election before anything else. If Biden can get in, makes me wonder if there isn’t anybody that can get in from that party.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
VP is always a dead duck political spot who the hell cares really. right?

I think in Trumps case he's such a strong personality it really doesn't matter. He's 24/7 on SM and news that he crowds out a lot of other noise.

Except Trump is really old.

Pretty good odds that the VP in either party is going to take over as President before the next President's term is completed.
Naw the Chinese will take the opportunity to place another AI robot at the head of our government again. I hope they get out of Beta mood with Trump.

Reactions: AC2020
No way he picks Haley. If it’s a women my guess is what have been reading with the pick being Noem or the chick from NY.

I would prefer he picks Donald’s from Florida though. Whomever it is they have to absolutely be viable for prez in 2028 & 2032.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
In hindsight, Reagan should never have selected George Herbert Walker "Skull and Bones" Bush as veep.

Remember the accepted narrative shoved down America's collective throat toward the end of Reagan's very successful presidency? It was something along the lines of, "America is ready for a change of direction after eight years of Reagan, blah blah blah."

And GHWB ran for president while proposing his "Thousand Points of Light." Whatever the hell that meant.

The rest, unfortunately, is history.

Trump should choose a hard-core MAGA veep.

I'm for Tucker.

I guess there is a chance that the fascist don could choose Haley to be his running mate, but I doubt it.

First, I believe the fascist don learned a warped lesson with Pence and he is going to want to pick someone who is 100% completely loyal to him. He doesn't want another potential VP who won't betray the Constitution and his/her country if Trump asks him to. Trump will want a running mate who will always bend the knee to him, and Haley doesn't appear to be that person at the moment.

And secondly, I don't see how Haley helps Trump in the general election. South Carolina is going to go to Trump regardless so he doesn't need Haley to win that state. What state that Trump lost in 2020 does Haley help deliver? Especially with Trump once again at the top of the ticket.

I believe loyalty is going to be the number one priority for Trump in choosing his running mate. And if he can find someone in a state he lost in 2020, that would be even better. But probably not a requirement.

If Haley wants it, she will have to essentially swear a loyalty oath to the fascist don. I don't know if she will be willing to do that.

I guess there is a chance that the fascist don could choose Haley to be his running mate, but I doubt it.

First, I believe the fascist don learned a warped lesson with Pence and he is going to want to pick someone who is 100% completely loyal to him. He doesn't want another potential VP who won't betray the Constitution and his/her country if Trump asks him to. Trump will want a running mate who will always bend the knee to him, and Haley doesn't appear to be that person at the moment.

And secondly, I don't see how Haley helps Trump in the general election. South Carolina is going to go to Trump regardless so he doesn't need Haley to win that state. What state that Trump lost in 2020 does Haley help deliver? Especially with Trump once again at the top of the ticket.

I believe loyalty is going to be the number one priority for Trump in choosing his running mate. And if he can find someone in a state he lost in 2020, that would be even better. But probably not a requirement.

If Haley wants it, she will have to essentially swear a loyalty oath to the fascist don. I don't know if she will be willing to do that.
Skittles is back! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Skittles is back! 😂😂😂
giphy.gif

Kinda like what Kamala did for shit britches?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

How much does it cost to use Instacart? I need some groceries.

Trump surrounds himself (or tries to) with yes-men. I do not see him picking somebody that he knows disagrees with him.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Trump surrounds himself (or tries to) with yes-men. I do not see him picking somebody that he knows disagrees with him.
My money would be on Trump selecting someone who is transactional. Someone who brings something to the table.

If Trump selected only yes men, they why did so much of his administration stab him in the back constantly? Doesn't sound very "yes" man to me.

My money would be on Trump selecting someone who is transactional. Someone who brings something to the table.

If Trump selected only yes men, they why did so much of his administration stab him in the back constantly? Doesn't sound very "yes" man to me.
Because I also said he tries to. He has to be the loudest voice, the smartest person, etc that he thinks is in the room. He is always about his ego. He has certainly had plenty of success with it, professionally.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Because I also said he tries to. He has to be the loudest voice, the smartest person, etc that he thinks is in the room. He is always about his ego. He has certainly had plenty of success with it, professionally.
Then there's cobweb, "say what?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT