ADVERTISEMENT

MAC cancels football

I fear more conferences will follow the MAC.
I feel all conferences will follow the Mac. This does not bode well for wrestling this year. Some conferences will try to have a season but when the corona does its damage the season will be called off. Call me a pessimist but I call it the real world at this poiint.

I don’t look for a season this year. Hopeful I have already purchased my season tickets and tickets to the USA Open in Iowa just in case we get to have wrestling this season.

I don’t look for a season this year. Hopeful I have already purchased my season tickets and tickets to the USA Open in Iowa just in case we get to have wrestling this season.
My season tickets purchased long time ago so I am hoping I am wrong.

Can’t they just delay winter sports until January?
Yes, they can and that is what the Big 10 and Pac conferences hope to do. At this point the Big12,SEC and ACC are still planning to play football but the pressure is on them. My best guess is that they will start the season but will not be able to finish it. There is also no indication at this time that the Corona Virus will abate this fall. I think it will take a safe and effective vaccine to curb the virus and It probably will not happen until some time next year. However, I do believe even without this virus that wrestling should be a spring sport as it just makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT