ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for recommendations: momma needs a new car....

davidallen

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2006
Portland, OR
Currently she is driving a Prius V - has trouble with site lines and has had a several scrapes, rubs, little dingers.

Looking at the BMW X1, or a MB GLK, also would consider a Honda HRV.

Anyone have a recommendation on something that is kid friendly, good sight lines, needs to have back up sensor/camera, navi option. Not so worried about performance or mileage at this point...

I was looking for the wife awhile back. I like AWD vehicles and loved a couple.

Volvo XC70
http://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new-models/xc70

Subaru Outback
http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/outback/index.html

Volvo was really nice. Has alot of options. Maintenance is very expensive. I loved the Outback. Great vision. Great reliability and dependability. First Few times I went to test drive the Outbacks they didn't have any. They said people bought them as soon as they arrived or even shipped. If you end up liking Subaru when you trade in they give you above the list prices. Like both but I was able to talk the wife into holding onto the Honda Pilot. Hate spending 40 to 50 grand on a vehicle then promptly watching the my money depreciate.

Reactions: davidallen
The Volvo spooks me on the repair costs. The Subaru is a strong possibility, going out looking again today...

Prius, Subaru, and Volvo... Let me guess, you're white, liberal, and live in the northwest?

Reactions: long-duc-dong
An Uber subscription. At some point those will be real whether from Google, Apple, or Uber but until then...
I have a friend in Dallas that is considering getting rid of her car and just using uber. It makes sense from a cost perspective.

I just got a 2015 Subaru Impreza hatchback. Maybe a little small for toting around kids and all their crap, but the Outback would definitely be an option--and has back up camera, nav, etc. I'm pretty in love with my Impreza. It's a fun little car to drive.

Just bought a 2016 Mazda CX5, all-wheel drive. Little bigger than the Outback, but not much.

I'm on my third F250 super crew. Since you're not worried about mileage this would be perfect for her. She can just run shit over and not worry about a thing. You can't hurt em. The northwesterners will love it.

Reactions: csh and squeak
I drove the X1 when our X5 was in the shop numerous times lol.

I thought it was a great little car. Definitely was a refreshing shape in the small suv world. It's a BMW, so unless you buy new, be prepared to be raped by service fees. While the car is under warranty you get free oil changes. After that.....it's over $200 each time and more so if they want to "change the cabin filter". But, if you don't rack up too many miles quickly, that all won't matter and the money spent will be equal to the amount you spend on one of the others.

My 2008 X5 was a piece of absolute shite. Electrical failures all over hell. Maybe the X1 won't have that problem...but I am against buying another BMW for now.

The X1 has been out for awhile, read up on customer satisfaction. See if it has had multiple recalls or serious service issues. If not, it may be a good buy. One more thing...get the premium wheel and tire package...why? Because lots of folks don't and it just looks cool lol. I will say my X5 looked pretty sweet. But it had diabetes.

We are extremely happy with our 2014 Subaru Forester (w/ Turbo) - The Outback would be good choice too.

You can only own a Subaru if you live in Colorado. You are also required by CO law to place a "Coexist" sticker on said Subaru.

Ugh, as many as you see here you'd think it was law. The car is not near as bad as the shits that are driving it.

Ugh, as many as you see here you'd think it was law. The car is not near as bad as the shits that are driving it.
Dude. They just don't break down much. It's that simple.

I just want a car that doesn't **** up.

Subaru is a good car and why should we let only the hippies live? They put those coexist sticks on there to throw off the gun loving Americans hoping they keep their Dodge's.

Wife has a Lexus RX 350. Loves it. Chick car but road tripping in it is great.

The dog's/my "competent adult supervisor" has one. It's fun to drive on the road/around town, but having driven a ground-hugging 944 for 30 years, one has to be damned careful about it's handling!:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT