ADVERTISEMENT

Lockett vs Fix

biocowboy

Redshirt
Nov 29, 2015
Who has/had the best career at this point through the 9th grade year?

Similar level recruits?

I think it’s hard to compare at this point but if you’re basing it off their junior careers I think you go Fix as of now. At this point I believe he was already a youth Olympics silver medalist and had his first junior world championships bronze. Not to mention 3*? Junior nationals titles.

Edit: may have been a cadet worlds bronze.

Reactions: biocowboy
Yes, the cadet bronze was after Daton's soph year. LaDarion has a chance to match it as a soph this summer. Travis Wittlake also won cadet bronze as a soph.

Reactions: osudog
Lockett has 3 wins and is into the semis at U17s. Zo is cornering him.
His quickness is unbelievable, he is winning with go behinds and reattacks. Also twice including the semi's he got trap arm tight waists and that was the finish. He is a must get in 25 with another or 2 World Team Members. We do need to get at least 1 top wrestler in 24. We have basically nothing right now. Unless our strategy for 24 is portal?

His quickness is unbelievable, he is winning with go behinds and reattacks. Also twice including the semi's he got trap arm tight waists and that was the finish. He is a must get in 25 with another or 2 World Team Members. We do need to get at least 1 top wrestler in 24. We have basically nothing right now. Unless our strategy for 24 is portal?
If Merrill can make 197, he'd be my top guy for 24.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
Oklahoma State will also get Ignacio the kid that was in the semi’s this morning only going to be a ninth grader was on the same world team last year

Oklahoma State will also get Ignacio the kid that was in the semi’s this morning only going to be a ninth grader was on the same world team last year
I hope this is correct but how can you say this when he is a 9th grader? NIL along with Iowa and PSU money makes anything possible.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
At this point in their careers, he has had a better career than Fix
Lockett has the better accolades -- I actually can't even think of another wrestler who won the 4 tournaments listed above.

But Fix had some pretty big names on his "hit list" before his junior year. He had wins over Spencer Lee, Suriano, Yianni & Stevan Micic. All guys who were well known at the time. Micic had just finished his freshman year at Northwestern when Daton teched him in the Junior Open finals.

Reactions: DPJ and osu2082
Lockett has the better accolades -- I actually can't even think of another wrestler who won the 4 tournaments listed above.

But Fix had some pretty big names on his "hit list" before his junior year. He had wins over Spencer Lee, Suriano, Yianni & Stevan Micic. All guys who were well known at the time. Micic had just finished his freshman year at Northwestern when Daton teched him in the Junior Open finals.
The difference is at this age Daton teched Everybody with the trap arm gut Lockett is beating everybody on his feet.

The difference is at this age Daton teched Everybody with the trap arm gut Lockett is beating everybody on his feet.
Yup, very different styles. Aside from the trap arm, Fix had (has) elite counter offense and scrambling ability. The win against Yianni was in folkstyle when he outscrambled him in the FloNats final.

Lockett doesn't have much par terre offense, but he's super tough in neutral. Harley mentioned his quickness and go behinds. He also has a double leg, an ankle pick, and a super duck. I think I even saw an arm drag attempt. He's going to be hard to beat going forward.

Villasenor won a bronze medal. I watched a few of his matches and he looks good but he is very young and small. He is not short and could grow a lot in the next four years. He could be really good. A world championship for Lockett is pretty special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT