ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Have Some Historical Perspective on Presidential Misconduct

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa
All you need as evidence Wilson was a "turd" as you say is to realize both the 16th and 17th amendment were ratified when he was President. 2 of the worst amendments we have IMO.

I never thought he was much of a president for letting the Treat of Versailles get pushed through with such vindictive terms and then helping create the League of Nations both of which ensured another future conflict.

Bearcat or anyone, have any suggestions on a good book to read about him?

I never thought he was much of a president for letting the Treat of Versailles get pushed through with such vindictive terms and then helping create the League of Nations both of which ensured another future conflict.

Bearcat or anyone, have any suggestions on a good book to read about him?

I’m on a personal mission to read a comprehensive biography on every US President.

I would recommend:

“Woodrow Wilson: American Prophet” and “Woodrow Wilson: World Prophet” by Arthur Walworth

Won a Pulitzer Prize in 1958.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dav...rspective-on-presidential-misconduct-n2557585

Didn't realize that Woodrow Wilson was such a turd......need to pick up a book on him. Not only was FDR responsible for locking up Americans for nothing other than being of Japanese descent, he also was working around congress to supply GB with war material and support before we were in full force.
Woodrow Wilson was, without a doubt, the most racist President post-Civil War, and possibly In the history of the republic. There wasn’t a single crackpot lefty ideal that he didn’t embrace, to boot.

What do you expect from an ‘elite’ college professor. One of my nephew in laws is a Presidential Historical PHD from oSu. His dissertation was on DD Eisenhower that has been privately published & received acclaim from the Department @ Stilly

Reactions: windriverrange
78456749_764789744003515_3500017906626854912_n.jpg

I’m on a personal mission to read a comprehensive biography on every US President.

I would recommend:

“Woodrow Wilson: American Prophet” and “Woodrow Wilson: World Prophet” by Arthur Walworth

Won a Pulitzer Prize in 1958.

Thanks JD, I will take a look at all three suggestions.

So far from all your presidential readings is there one president that your opinion has completely changed about because of reading about each?

Since it's 12/7 I'll just throw this out is it was new information for me this morning. I'm not throwing FDR under the bus but apparently (according to History Channel) he was having a sinusitis issue and was treated with a 4% mixture of cocaine. I learned that the Sec of the Navy had detailed intelligence (approx a 3' stack of paper, including detailed correspondence of details that the japs had up to 3 months before the attack that was never shared with Admiral Kimmel in Hawaii by DC. Apparently he was fired, received death threat mail and even a small handgun requesting he take his own life. It's sad that men never divulged these facts before his passing. As for FDR, his stain included the rounding up & rights violations against the Japanese Americans, whether they were involved or not which I've read about for years.
Different times, foibles of different generations but footnotes in History

Thanks JD, I will take a look at all three suggestions.

So far from all your presidential readings is there one president that your opinion has completely changed about because of reading about each?

I don’t know about “completely changed”, but Caro’s 4 volume comprehensive biography of LBJ led me to get a bunch of insight into the man. I always knew LBJ was a cheat and corrupt, but I had always viewed him as crudely, instinctively, corrupt. He wasn’t that. He was calculating, intelligent, well planned. He got shit done.

McCullough’s biography of Truman led me to understand the challenges Truman faced. So many of them he was probably completely unprepared to face given his life experience, but he persevered. Reasonable minds can disagree on how well he handled them.

Chernow’s Grant biography revealed depths to him beyond just being a drunk. Yes, he was an alcoholic, but there was much more to him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT