ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy RTC and the next quad

For sure. A bit witch-doctory for me in a lot of areas. But a lot of it makes a lot of sense.

Barwis I love because he actually tries to use "real" science.

Yeah in a nutshell but after doing a deep dive on Mike Barwis… he doesn’t seem quite like Dake’s guy. He’s more complete and scientific. He seems to have thrown out everything that’s an accepted norm and has possibly become the world’s leading expert of sports anatomy/sports science. He wants to take what we know about the human body’s anatomy, natural functionality, balance, etc. and harness it. Take the end result of how the body would function in absolute peak performance and then work that backwards. He still has some strength training but it’s just a small part of the whole while trying to build functional flexibility, strength, explosiveness, stamina and durability. He wants to have complete balance of strength and flexibility of functional motion between the anterior and posterior muscles in any motion. Then he wants them to be explosive and for the body to have enough stamina to repeat those actions over and over without breaking down.

If you have time here is a great interview Mike did with Wrestling Mindset a few years ago.
Thanks for sharing. Some really interesting stuff said in this interview. I don’t know a lot about training or the human body, but my wife is a PT and the stuff he said about needing to put in additional work on muscles your chosen sport DOESN’T use is apparently very true. It’s also something even high-level athletes don’t always do to the degree they need to.

I say this many times but regardless of how Coleman actually feels about Oklahoma State, someone who is being trusted to be the steward of a kids future that lets personal fandom, vendettas and biases influence and limit a kids option should not be in that position and unfortunately, far too many are. Imagine a kid really fitting a school like a glove academically, socially, geographically, as a wrestler etc but you don't like that school for XYZ reason and will try to tell the kid to go to a bad fit .

I say that to say I don't believe CS is that kind of person at all

I don't think the issue is Coleman pushing kids away from OSU. I think the concern would be he is going to obviously push them to wherever he is coaching ie Ohio State. That being said, I can't imagine Coleman Scott will be helping at Edmond North very long. Guy is going to be a HC somewhere soon.

I don't think the issue is Coleman pushing kids away from OSU. I think the concern would be he is going to obviously push them to wherever he is coaching ie Ohio State. That being said, I can't imagine Coleman Scott will be helping at Edmond North very long. Guy is going to be a HC somewhere soon.

Coleman is only coaching there 1 day a week (per the flier anyway). And even if Coleman "pushed" kids to tOSU - who's to say they would go and if tOSU even wants them? Tan Tom does a great job recruiting, he doesn't need Coleman for that. He doesn't "need" Edmond North kids.

And guess what? Neither does Okstate now. You're still going to get all the best Oklahoma kids, period. But DT is going to have his pick of the litter and be in every battle for the top 10-20 pfp kids.

And like what was said earlier, Coleman doesn't have anything against Okstate. The rumors are what hurt him. And if he does truly file suit, he already knows who started those rumors and it wasn't anyone from Okstate. Plus, John wouldn't put up with that.

Coleman is only coaching there 1 day a week (per the flier anyway). And even if Coleman "pushed" kids to tOSU - who's to say they would go and if tOSU even wants them? Tan Tom does a great job recruiting, he doesn't need Coleman for that. He doesn't "need" Edmond North kids.

And guess what? Neither does Okstate now. You're still going to get all the best Oklahoma kids, period. But DT is going to have his pick of the litter and be in every battle for the top 10-20 pfp kids.

And like what was said earlier, Coleman doesn't have anything against Okstate. The rumors are what hurt him. And if he does truly file suit, he already knows who started those rumors and it wasn't anyone from Okstate. Plus, John wouldn't put up with that.
Edmond North is arguably the top wrestling school in Oklahoma so yes, we do need their recruits. Everything I know about Coleman tells me he would not steer anyone away from Oklahoma State. He is disappointed but not vindictive. He is a class act.

Edmond North is arguably the top wrestling school in Oklahoma so yes, we do need their recruits. Everything I know about Coleman tells me he would not steer anyone away from Oklahoma State. He is disappointed but not vindictive. He is a class act.

And DT is already getting them.

Reactions: DPJ
I think Ohio State will be arguably the biggest casualty of DT -> Ok State on the trail. He'll still get his top kids but probably not in the droves he has before in my opinion.
I disagree. The program that will suffer the most with DT at OSU is Iowa. DT brings star power into the recruiting game, and the most susceptible program to a new recruiting mecca is Iowa. Tan Tom has his niche and DT will pressure that niche but Tom is very good in his lane. Tom & Terry need to reassert themselves as the faces of their program, but even then, it will be difficult to do that as 56 year olds against a 34 year old Taylor.

To be honest, every program will feel some pressure with a new guy in town. Some more than others. The good recruiters will still get their quota. The less good recruiters will not.

Just my pennies ...

Who was the last NC from Ed North?

I agree and I hope so🤞

Who was the last NC from Ed North?
Ionel, I guess Teyon Ware but that is not the point. This past year Edmond North qualified 14 wrestlers for the 6A State Tournament. All 14 wrestlers placed and 10 of the 14 wrestlers were in the finals and 8 were State champions. That is domination. Kody Routledge was the champion at 157. Joseph Jeter was champion at 150 and will be a top recruit in 2-3 years.

Ionel, I guess Teyon Ware but that is not the point. This past year Edmond North qualified 14 wrestlers for the 6A State Tournament. All 14 wrestlers placed and 10 of the 14 wrestlers were in the finals and 8 were State champions. That is domination. Kody Routledge was the champion at 157. Joseph Jeter was champion at 150 and will be a top recruit in 2-3 years.
Oklahoma State needs national champs not state champs. I'm sure DT is looking for potential NCs regardless of where they go to HS.

Reactions: Stilly08
Oklahoma State needs national champs not state champs. I'm sure DT is looking for potential NCs regardless of where they go to HS.
Thats just crazy talk!

At OSU, we really focus on guys that compete well in the state of Oklahoma, it's our main focus. Even John Smith had a roster and starting lineup that was dominated by Oklahoma state qualifiers.

Who's our "Myron Rodrick" to get a pipeline going to the Japanese wrestlers? I know the "Wrestling Junkies" on this board can help me with the specifics on how we came to getting those guys back in the day...

Who's our "Myron Rodrick" to get a pipeline going to the Japanese wrestlers? I know the "Wrestling Junkies" on this board can help me with the specifics on how we came to getting those guys back in the day...
I feel bad that I can’t regurgitate this scenario. I spent pretty good amounts of time talking to Gerald Winnard and he told me how yo-yo and hatta got to Stillwater.

Coach Winnard passed recently and I can’t give him a shout.

• Love
Reactions: steer jock
Thats just crazy talk!

At OSU, we really focus on guys that compete well in the state of Oklahoma, it's our main focus. Even John Smith had a roster and starting lineup that was dominated by Oklahoma state qualifiers.
And that was lazy recruiting by John.

I can promise you that DT will only be going after the top-tier national talent.

Obviously the roster will have more Oklahoma boys than any other. But don’t expect your starters to be Oklahoma heavy unless they truly are blue-chip.

And that was lazy recruiting by John.

I can promise you that DT will only be going after the top-tier national talent.

Obviously the roster will have more Oklahoma boys than any other. But don’t expect your starters to be Oklahoma heavy unless they truly are blue-chip.
You really can’t be this dense…or can you?

John didn’t have lineups rationed with Oklahoma kids. What I said was condescending in full.

This is a damn good hire for Penn State. When does OK State name their coach or a coach?

This is a damn good hire for Penn State. When does OK State name their coach or a coach?

I predicted this the other day when word got out that he might stay in State College. He has the resume to be as influential if not more so than Gilman, and lives the life of a mat warrior. I am very, very excited by this.

He is going to teach some brutal top offense to Blaze, Forrest, and Bassett. :)

Reactions: backdrft76
I predicted this the other day when word got out that he might stay in State College. He has the resume to be as influential if not more so than Gilman, and lives the life of a mat warrior. I am very, very excited by this.

He is going to teach some brutal top offense to Blaze, Forrest, and Bassett. :)
I thought Zain was retiring to move to NYC to work on wall street?

Reactions: AtownPoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT