ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy RTC and the next quad

They’re not anonymous. They are two of the most plugged in guys over there. Especially Seamus
I don't think you pay enough attention to Brocks posts. One week Jax to OSU is a lock...the next he's hearing he's leaning PSU. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when the Bassetts had a 4 sale sign in their yard and moving away from PA. Ha

I don't think you pay enough attention to Brocks posts. One week Jax to OSU is a lock...the next he's hearing he's leaning PSU. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when the Bassetts had a 4 sale sign in their yard and moving away from PA. Ha
lol no I get it but he’s fairly in tune with the high school scene

I still remember the pissing match between Str8DBLz and Mineo on the PSU board on the Friday before he accepted. Mineo got his head handed to him. So far everything Str8DBLz said three days before DT officially took the job has come true. At the time, Dake was to come to Stillwater after the Olympics. That still seems on track. So that poster obviously was very clued into that particular event.

You live down the street from Bo. Why haven't you stolen the Bassett garbage and gone through it yet. You slacker.

lol no I get it but he’s fairly in tune with the high school scene
He is, but a lot of his projections are "I heard it from someone who heard it from someone else" type assertions.
And I don't think it's fair to claim that essentially "all of PSU think Blaze is a lock to PSU". I just don't believe the entire fan base thinks that. Most of us are cautious with rumors given the plethora we've heard over the years that don't pan out, so we don't get "blindsided". If Blaze goes to OSU, I'd be happy for you guys (again) and disappointed for us.

Reactions: AtownPoke
That may have not worked. RBY to OSU. 🥳🥳🥳

giphy.gif

When does tom_v32 come out?

I wish I responded before the post but I was going to say Carter Starocci is an interesting character but I would bet everything I own that he won’t have anything negative to say about RBY.
Didn't he blast DT for taking the coaching job at OK State? Or am I wrong about that?

Reactions: tom_v31
Actual wrestling discussion, I heard RBY is serious about staying at 57. Not sure DT will change his plans. I think he doesn’t want to collide with Austin Gomez but I think he’d be better served eating and gaining muscle. He’s 150 on full feed and looks exhausted at 57.

Actual wrestling discussion, I heard RBY is serious about staying at 57. Not sure DT will change his plans. I think he doesn’t want to collide with Austin Gomez but I think he’d be better served eating and gaining muscle. He’s 150 on full feed and looks exhausted at 57.
Like a lot of these guys he is a tweener (there needs to be more than 6 weights!!!!) He will never be able to compete on the national level at 65kg, his frame is way to small

Like a lot of these guys he is a tweener (there needs to be more than 6 weights!!!!) He will never be able to compete on the national level at 65kg, his frame is way to small
I wouldn't write him off at all at 65, I certainly like him more there than 57. So much of what makes him great goes away when he only has half a tank. He's less energetic and his quick feet aren't there. He wrestles on speed and agility rather than strength.

Reactions: vhsalum
He gets up to 150 now. You don’t think he could Cowboy Bulk Job another 6-8?

He’s tiny/lean by choice.

Reactions: tom_v31

He’s not real big frame wise and I’d be he’s a hard gainer as well.

Tiny/lean by choice doesn’t matter much with that combo.

But, I would love to see how quick he’d be against that competition on full nutrition.

His biggest asset is his speed, the bigger he gets the more speed he will lose. Hopefully the rumors of a 60kg weight class come to fruition, it would be great for just about everyone: RBY, Lee, Fix, Suriano etc

Spencer has said multiple times that a grown man should not be weighing 57kg and the cut isn't easy for him

His biggest asset is his speed, the bigger he gets the more speed he will lose. Hopefully the rumors of a 60kg weight class come to fruition, it would be great for just about everyone: RBY, Lee, Fix, Suriano etc

Spencer has said multiple times that a grown man should not be weighing 57kg and the cut isn't easy for him
Training correctly, he could gain speed, should gain speed.

Training bad, he could lose speed.

Yes, there needs to be some serious discussion on important changes for the good of the sport.

Reactions: vhsalum

Come on man. lose speed the bigger he gets? This ain't 1973, that's a falsehood in every metric ever in the history of science. That's like saying that kids can't "lift weights"

If RBY lifted, he would gain speed and even more explosiveness.

Training correctly, he could gain speed, should gain speed.

Training bad, he could lose speed.

Yes, there needs to be some serious discussion on important changes for the good of the sport.

Whether he uses Calcagno or Cal - he's going to be even better.

Whether he uses Calcagno or Cal - he's going to be even better.
What I’m saying is if he sat around chasing diabetes instead of wild rabbits and only did high wt./low rep movement chased with shlitz, he’s gonna slow down.

It would be interesting to see if he could put on 10 pounds of serious and be big enough? He’d damn sure be fast enough!

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
What I’m saying is if he sat around chasing diabetes instead of wild rabbits and only did high wt./low rep movement chased with shlitz, he’s gonna slow down.

It would be interesting to see if he could put on 10 pounds of serious and be big enough? He’d damn sure be fast enough!
Oh yeah. we're in agreement.

I was just saying he's in the right place with 2 phenomenal options for getting big enough to wrestle 65.

Why does anyone think having another weight class of slow moving guys - hand fighting and pushing is better than watching flexible guys with quickness and the ability to scramble?
I don’t know, some of these Heavy weights now days can move. It’s not wrestling from the yester years, where a couple of overweight sweaty dudes pummel each other to death and the last one standing is the winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT