ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s get some stock picks up in this pig

squeak

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2001
Lulu releases earnings Thursday. Any thoughts?

Bought Blackberry last week after the deal with Amazon. Great so far.

Picked up JETS etf. Could work out well with the vaccine.

I'm about to go big on Aerotyne International.

It is a cutting edge high tech firm out of the Midwest awaiting imminent patent approval on the next generation of radar detectors that have both huge military and civilian applications.

Picking stocks based on value no longer exists. A giant bubble has formed, the only question is when it will burst.

- this post should not be taken as investment advice.
I pulled some cash back a couple weeks ago but the market just keeps running so I jumped back in. It’s crazy some of these prices. Tesla, Snowflake...it’s unreal.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
I pulled some cash back a couple weeks ago but the market just keeps running so I jumped back in. It’s crazy some of these prices. Tesla, Snowflake...it’s unreal.
Tesla is insane but Nikola is even worse. There's a ton of SPACs that have gone public this year and subsequently acquired businesses with $0 in revenue *ever*, and are being valued based on projected revenues 8 years from now. How in the actual fvck does that make any sense?

Part of me wants to see it all crash in spectacular fashion, the other part of me knows that will just lead the Fed to pump even more money into the market to support asset prices. We're in a lose-lose situation.

- not investment advice, do your own research, etc.

Tesla is insane but Nikola is even worse. There's a ton of SPACs that have gone public this year and subsequently acquired businesses with $0 in revenue *ever*, and are being valued based on projected revenues 8 years from now. How in the actual fvck does that make any sense?

Part of me wants to see it all crash in spectacular fashion, the other part of me knows that will just lead the Fed to pump even more money into the market to support asset prices. We're in a lose-lose situation.

- not investment advice, do your own research, etc.
Agree completely on Nikola. Traded it a little and ended up making nothing.

I want to own Snowflake. It’s going to be a huge player in its space, but it’s trading at like 250x revenues. In contrast, Apple is about 7.5x and Amazon 4.5x.

I agree with you that the fed will keep propping it up. Makes it tough to exit the market in a meaningful way. You could be on the sidelines and miss out.

I’m of course no pro at this.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
Beyond Meat is perplexing also. Their IPO was insane.

I'm still in but my asset mix is pretty conservative right now. I'm not a sophisticated investor by any stretch of the imagination but common sense sure leads me to believe there is a huge bubble right now, especially in the NASDAQ stocks.

The Winklevosses were on CNBC a couple of weeks ago saying how they thought Bitcoin was going to replace gold as the "safe haven" for investors. I've been watching the two the last couple of weeks as they now run Bitcoin on the ticker at the bottom of screen and it has seemed to move with the market as opposed to against it. Anyway I thought it was an interesting thought.

Agree completely on Nikola. Traded it a little and ended up making nothing.

I want to own Snowflake. It’s going to be a huge player in its space, but it’s trading at like 250x revenues. In contrast, Apple is about 7.5x and Amazon 4.5x.

I agree with you that the fed will keep propping it up. Makes it tough to exit the market in a meaningful way. You could be on the sidelines and miss out.

I’m of course no pro at this.

Snowflake's market cap is now bigger than their total addressable market. With as many solid competitors as they have it will be almost impossible for them to ever make their current stock price reasonable much less an increase in stock price. Doesn't mean the stock won't keep going up though... Valuation doesn't seem to matter these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT