ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh Dual

Pacemaker5

Recruit
Nov 7, 2019
Tulsa
This is going to be a great test for our guys. I love the Wrestlestat system. I don't agree with all of their picks, but it is soooo nice to have those stats and common opponents, etc... available. Anyway, we are the underdogs to Lehigh this week-end. Wrestlestats has it as a close dual, where we come up a couple of team points short. Great match-ups at several weights. I'm interested to see how we do against a tough Lehigh squad.

Reactions: andegre and JAY45
A 5-5 Dual seems highly likely with the outcome decided by bonus points.

Still too many “Ifs”...

Feel good about 125, 141, 149, 165, & 184

Hopefully we see the marquee matchup at 174

It seems like the question then becomes, who can pull an upset?

Reactions: Pacemaker5
A 5-5 Dual seems highly likely with the outcome decided by bonus points.

Still too many “Ifs”...

Feel good about 125, 141, 149, 165, & 184

Hopefully we see the marquee matchup at 174

It seems like the question then becomes, who can pull an upset?
For those who will be listening to KSPI 93.7 for the Drexel dual this evening the paper and other outlets show 7pm start however Drexel is showing a 7pm start which would indicate it will be 6pm start in Oklahoma.

Reactions: Pacemaker5
For those who will be listening to KSPI 93.7 for the Drexel dual this evening the paper and other outlets show 7pm start however Drexel is showing a 7pm start which would indicate it will be 6pm start in Oklahoma.
Flo indicates it is a 6 start on the flo site.

Reactions: oberebo
Flo indicates it is a 6 start on the flo site.
You are right Harley and I will be watching it. I understand that both Joe and G are on the trip. No idea on whether they will wrestle but it is a possibility anyway that they do not wrestle tonight so that they do not have to make weight twice on the trip.

Dusty Hone getting the call at 141 tonight. According to Roger Moore on the radio Gfeller struggling to get to 141.

Any updates from Drexel?
Pic won by tech fall, very dominant, Witcraft got beat like 4 to 1, he did not wrestle good. He did not shoot takedowns and just tried for throws. I will say Witcraft was taken down and grounded for over 2 minutes but coach Smith had him taking down and he did get away fairly quickly this time. Hone won a solid decision but did not seem to be in good shape and Lewallan won by major but did not look as slick as I have seen him in the past. However Boo could be wrestling carefully, not to get his arms stretched out on a takedown attempt where his shoulder could be vulnerable. Boo does not have a brace on and became more and more dominant as the match went on. Very good match by Sheets where his opponent is rated around 30 at this weight. His opponent was a head and looked better than Sheets but Sheets scrambled for a takedown near the end of the 2nd period and got the takedown. ground him with his legs in and turned him a couple of times. Sheets wins by major. Sheets conditioning was much better than his opponent and he just kept working. Big win by Wittlake 5 to 1 over a guy who was rated 10th. Slick ankle pick and road his opponent for about 2 minutes, but then he was conservative but solid. Shomers never quit and came back to win in overtime. Shomers was dominated in the first period but. Montalvo won by major. He seemed to break his opponent and dominated in the end. Geer won by major at 97 despite weighing in at 84. Solid win. Austin got beat by decision and I will keep it to that. I hope Smith, Gfeller wrestle tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY45
Good win for Wittlake.
Our development is very important for our future with the 2020 and 2021 classes looking very good. The wrestler I think who is most important for our future is the development of Wittlake. If he becomes as dominant as we thought he was going to be when we recruited him our chances of getting to 35 increases greatly. He wrestled well tonight but as the year goes on his jumping levels and placing this year is very important.

No. 4 Oklahoma State 30, Drexel 6

Nov. 15, 2019 | Daskalakis Athletic Center | Philadelphia, PA

Attendance: 1,070

125: No. 4 Nick Piccininni (OSU) TF Dante Mininno (DU), 16-1

133: Chandler Olson (DU) dec. Reece Witcraft (OSU), 5-1

141: Dusty Hone (OSU) dec. Tyler Williams (DU), 6-0

149: No. 5 Boo Lewallen (OSU) MD Vincent Foggia (DU), 10-2

157: Wyatt Sheets (OSU) MD Parker Kropman (DU), 13-3

165: No. 20 Travis Wittlake (OSU) dec. No. 10 Ebed Jarrell (DU), 5-1

174: Andrew Shomers (OSU) dec. Michael O'Malley (DU), SV-1 4-2

184: Anthony Montalvo (OSU) MD Bryan McLaughlin (DU), 14-3

197: No. 5 (184) Dakota Geer (OSU) MD Owen Brooks (DU), 16-7

HWT: Sean O'Malley (DU) dec. Austin Harris(OSU), 2-1

What are the odds this is the lineup we see this afternoon?

I think there is a decent chance. I hope not, I’d like to think 141 and 174 can make weight.

Reactions: JAY45
Is the match telecast or on radio? Have checked on schedule for links and checked on flo and cant find anything

What are the odds this is the lineup we see this afternoon?

I think pretty good. G is still working to get down to 141 and I think Smith is still dealing with consequences of missing some class and some below par grades.

So far this is the worst Cowboy team I have seen in a long time. Our wrestlers not doing things right has set up a horrible exhibition of wrestling. I bet every east coast high school wrestler is thinking boy I want to be a Cowboy. Hone wrestled poorly and could not finish takedowns in the first period. Boo wrestled okay but should have been more dominant. Sheets wrestled ( no he did not wrestle), Wittlake should have dominated this wrestler but barely beat him. Poor Shomers got destroyed by a bigger and way better wrestler. I hope the second half is better but our HWT will be destroyed also. Making weight twice in less than 24 hours is hard at the beginning of the wrestling season but this is sad.
Announcer said it best “that was a 16-2 shellacking by Humphreys Over Sheets!”

Cowboy Wrestling on twitter says we lost on criteria...21-20.
Pretty pathetic if so......

So far this is the worst Cowboy team I have seen in a long time. Our wrestlers not doing things right has set up a horrible exhibition of wrestling. I bet every east coast high school wrestler is thinking boy I want to be a Cowboy. Hone wrestled poorly and could not finish takedowns in the first period. Boo wrestled okay but should have been more dominant. Sheets wrestled ( no he did not wrestle), Wittlake should have dominated this wrestler but barely beat him. Poor Shomers got destroyed by a bigger and way better wrestler. I hope the second half is better but our HWT will be destroyed also. Making weight twice in less than 24 hours is hard at the beginning of the wrestling season but this is sad.

Making weight twice in 24 hours right out of the gate is a major challenge. We didn’t have G and Smith and obviously will be without Brock.

Still we went into a top 10 opponents house and saw Geer and Picc major ranked wrestlers and watched two FR gets wins on the road. Had it not been for a failed skin check we would have walked away with a nice early season dual win.

It wasn’t a great performance but this early taking into consideration all of the above your post seems extremely over reactionary.

The mat.com guys are saying we won, but I don't think they know there is a controversy. I heard Cornell has a pretty good team of lawyers. Anyone know their number? :--))

The Engineer announcer obviously didn't understand that we wrestled Geer up most of last year thus the terrible seed at 84 at NCAA's. His matches at 97 cannot be used for seeding criteria at 84. They thought he was a 26 seed that had a miracle tournament, instead of a guy that sacrificed his good seed at 84, by wrestling up for the good of the team most of the season. We still don't know if Joe is going 65, 74, or 84, so hopefully, Greer will know before Christmas. Maybe Geer should just go 97?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT