ADVERTISEMENT

Learning a new language

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Curious if anyone has had any success learning a new language? If so did you go to a class or just self study? Thinking I might want to learn a new language.

My wife and I have the unlimited Rosetta Stone (like 20+ languages). I just have to find the discipline to stick to it as I really would like to learn another language or two (Spanish and German possibly).

I was thinking Spanish or French, are the Rosetta Stone program easy to use?

i learned to speak spanish from my workers. they taught me spanish and i taught them english. psycho wife and i helped 2 get green cards legally. one recently became and american citizen. it took him almost 30 years.

I’ve learned the basics of German & French via Duolingo.

I formally learned Spanish and Russian in school (but have forgotten much of both).

TBH, I’d replace the hours and hours spent in school with the app any day.

Curious if anyone has had any success learning a new language? If so did you go to a class or just self study? Thinking I might want to learn a new language.
My wife from Mexico, so over the years I have become better, it's mostly what we speak at home since the kids are grown. Always learning, the novelas, news, anything on TV helps. When you see a cat and think 'gato', you're getting there. It's when your brain sees English and constantly translates that makes for slow going. Go for it though, it is good to learn another culture and perspective along with the language.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT