ADVERTISEMENT

Lawyer question regarding divorce in Oklahoma

Ostatedchi

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
So a friend of mine. Yes, actually a friend and not me, is looking to divorce her husband. I don't know all the details but she's in a tight spot financially and is looking to see if there is a turnkey or short form divorce in Oklahoma.

I think it is amicable and wouldn't be contested. But hiring an attorney would be a real difficulty.

Is there anything that she can file herself based on some kind of template? Thanks in advance.

It’s been years, so I don’t have anyone to recommend, but the first wife and I used a single lawyer as an arbitrator end it only cost us a couple hundred bucks plus court costs.

So a friend of mine. Yes, actually a friend and not me, is looking to divorce her husband. I don't know all the details but she's in a tight spot financially and is looking to see if there is a turnkey or short form divorce in Oklahoma.

I think it is amicable and wouldn't be contested. But hiring an attorney would be a real difficulty.

Is there anything that she can file herself based on some kind of template? Thanks in advance.

These people are in Moore.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I had this problem some years ago when I decided to divorce my husband. It was kind of hard because I wasn't familiarised with this situation and I was scared first. We had assets to share and children that we both wanted and I didn't know anything about this subject. I called a lawyer that helped me to deal with this period in my life but recently I found this site https://breakupangels.com/how-to-split-marital-assets-during-divorce/ with good information about divorce and how to handle this. I regret that I didn't find it when I went through my own divorce.

Last edited:
This may not apply because it was a different state, but I served as our “attorney” for my first marriage that ended in divorce.

If both parties can fairly easily agree to the property split, the paperwork was easy enough. I saved us both a ton of cash by by simply being able to read and write within the specified framework. I submitted it with no qualms from the court.

However, I did not have children with her. If that had been the case, there would have been no real option outside of hiring legal council. The legalities get complicated quickly when children are involved.

If there are minor children, I would REALLY advise getting a lawyer.

If not, she should google paralegal divorce services ratings and pick one.

They're all pretty much the same. Gonna give you forms for an uncontested divorce, a waiver of service form, and some bare bones instructions.

Reactions: gipraw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT